• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The rotation might be marginally better."

Yeah, and if the Rangers were geographically closer to Bristol, that asshole would have them in the World Series.

:dingdingding:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians/Rangers: The two clubs are discussing a starter-for-reliever trade, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Josh Tomlin, Cody Anderson and Trevor Bauer are the names mentioned as the starters who could be headed to Texas. Keep in mind that Tomlin and Anderson won the fourth and fifth rotation spots for the Indians while Bauer has been moved to the bullpen. The Rangers, meantime, have great bullpen depth but the last rotation spot is shaky (currently looks like A.J. Griffin).

I might be ok w this, as long as the Rangers don't part with too much in a deal. I like Josh, cause he's a good friend of mine's cousin and from here in Tyler, Tx. I think Bauer still has upside as well. would be interesting anyway

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians/Rangers: The two clubs are discussing a starter-for-reliever trade, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Josh Tomlin, Cody Anderson and Trevor Bauer are the names mentioned as the starters who could be headed to Texas. Keep in mind that Tomlin and Anderson won the fourth and fifth rotation spots for the Indians while Bauer has been moved to the bullpen. The Rangers, meantime, have great bullpen depth but the last rotation spot is shaky (currently looks like A.J. Griffin).

I might be ok w this, as long as the Rangers don't part with too much in a deal. I like Josh, cause he's a good friend of mine's cousin and from here in Tyler, Tx. I think Bauer still has upside as well. would be interesting anyway
I am hesitant myself about giving away a quality reliever for a SP who may not be much better than what we have now. Bauer led the AL in walks and is out of options and in fact from what I read he is slated for the BP in Cleveland. Tomlin cannot be optioned but is just costing $5.5 mill for 2 years and Anderson is a pitch to contact guy. I guess it depends who we would have to give up.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do not get another from here to join, Im sure I can find another to play. Just let me know

Thanks
If you can find someone that would be great. If not I will open up the league on Yahoo to fill the one remaining spot.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can find someone that would be great. If not I will open up the league on Yahoo to fill the one remaining spot.

I will check w a couple guys from the other league, I'm pretty sure I can fill that spot for you. I'll let you know this afternoon

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice reporting

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would be interested in Bauer, but moreso for next year than this year, if he still has options than he would be a good guy to shuttle back and forth between AAA and the majors, you just never knows when the wheels will fall off with Lewis, Holland is a health risk, Darvish and his obvious TJ issue; Perez and Hamels are the only ones I'm not worried about physically, though Perez has obviously had consistency issues coming back from TJ... hopefully he steps back up his year

**Edit: Nevermind, I missed the part about Bauer being out of options someone else posted

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my offensive and pitching performance predictions for our regulars and starters for 2016.

Pitchers------ERA

Darvish-------3.00
Lewis---------4.70
Hamels-------3.60
Holland-------3.40
Perez---------3.70

Hitters-------HRs and Avg.

Andrus---------9 .275
Beltre---------17 .285
Chirinos-------10 .235
Choo----------20 .270
Deshields-------4 .255
Desmond------20 .255
Fielder--------22 .295
Moreland------19 .270
Odor----------21 .285

I didn't include Rua, but I think if he gets to start in 80 games or so he will hit about.240 with 7 HRs. If he gets to start in 130 games he will hit about .275 with 15 HRs.