• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial UCF superthread

Can UCF extend the scoring 30+ points streak, toknight?

• Yes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Idk, I'm a tshirt bandwagoner

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did...did we just become best friends?!
giphy.gif

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a shame that the only other UCF poster hear @KnightAndDay is one of the classiest posters here. I feel his pain in that there are a couple of BSU posters you read and the only sound that can be heard from other BSU posters is a muffled "really?".

Every fan base has one...except Michigan, they have several. The only annoying Boise poster has been quite lately.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree with the sentiment in the OP. Getting knocked when you won 62-0 is ridiculous unless those around them looked significantly better. I think a case could be made for teams surrounding them in the rankings too, except Oregon. Nothing against Oregon, but against the rankings. Rankings shouldn't exist until like week 8 in my opinion. There is no reason a team that is winless (0-1) should be above any team that has a win. Every week should be looked at as 'if the season ended today', type of thinking. If the season ended today, it doesn't make sense to have a winless team being ranked. I understand that Oregon may have looked like a top 25 team, but that is irrelevant until you start proving it by winning games. If Bama looked REALLY good every game, but somehow managed to find a way to lose every game, they wouldn't be ranked no matter how good they looked. Might sound ridiculous, but if turnovers happened or injuries kept happening, you may KNOW that Alabama is a better team than any other team on their schedule, but literally speaking, they have to beat them to prove it. If the regular season acts as a "playoff" of sorts as many people like to describe it, then every win matters.

For the record, I do think Oregon will be a top 25 team, they looked decent against Auburn, but if I were to make rankings right now, I probably wouldn't have Oregon in it yet.

And all this could be fixed and done away with if the AP and Coaches didn't release any rankings until the playoff committee did.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondly. The centipede is obnoxious and annoying. I understand that some of you on here think everything UCFHonors says is ludicrous and you think the 'centipede' is equally ludicrous... the difference is that I don't have to scroll for 40 fucking minutes to get past his post. So I, also find the centipede far more annoying.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen UCF play 3 times (Home, Neutral and Away) in person.

1996 - I saw the Knights play their first game as an FBS Team vs. William & Mary in their former Citrus Bowl home. W

2007 - I saw the Knights play Miss. State in the Liberty Bowl. L

2015 - I saw the Knights play @ Cincinnati. L

1-2 record on a current 2 game losing streak.
Seems to me like you need to get to more games keep your streak alive

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all this could be fixed and done away with if the AP and Coaches didn't release any rankings until the playoff committee did.
Waiting wouldn't make a difference. The same teams will be ranked where they are in Week 8 regardless of whether there are rankings before that or not. Whether Oregon is ranked or not this week will have no bearing on whether they will or will not be ranked in Week 8. I do think it is funny how people get so riled up about the early rankings though!

For example, Iowa State is not ranked this week and deservedly so. I think they are going to have a solid year and team, but they played an FCS Team and had to go to 3 OT to win it. Just one of those things. However, if they are Undefeated when the first CFB Ranking comes out, they are going to be ranked really high and control their own destiny.

So, the only thing to do is sit back and enjoy the games and let the rankings fall where they may!

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondly. The centipede is obnoxious and annoying. I understand that some of you on here think everything UCFHonors says is ludicrous and you think the 'centipede' is equally ludicrous... the difference is that I don't have to scroll for 40 fucking minutes to get past his post. So I, also find the centipede far more annoying.
Ignore button is right there, pal

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting wouldn't make a difference. The same teams will be ranked where they are in Week 8 regardless of whether there are rankings before that or not. Whether Oregon is ranked or not this week will have no bearing on whether they will or will not be ranked in Week 8. I do think it is funny how people get so riled up about the early rankings though!

For example, Iowa State is not ranked this week and deservedly so. I think they are going to have a solid year and team, but they played an FCS Team and had to go to 3 OT to win it. Just one of those things. However, if they are Undefeated when the first CFB Ranking comes out, they are going to be ranked really high and control their own destiny.

So, the only thing to do is sit back and enjoy the games and let the rankings fall where they may!

It absolutely matters. You are assuming that people aren't influenced by the rankings, but they absolutely are. The rankings are used to "justify" the rankings. Hence (for example) Mississippi St going from unranked to top 15 by beating the likes of Southern Miss (3-9), UAB(6-6), South Alabama(6-7), and #8 LSU. LSU went on to lose 4 more games. The Mississippi St beats Auburn and is ranked #1 in the country.... Auburn also goes on to lose 4 more games. Both LSU and Auburn experienced the drop because they obviously continued to lose more games, but Mississippi St felt nothing like that and didn't experince much of any drop even though the teams they beat to get as high as they were turned out to be pretenders. LSU finished the season unranked and Auburn finished #22.

But Mississippi St goes on to beat the likes of 5-7 Kentucky, 7-6 Arkansas, a 6-6 FCS program in Tenn-Martin, and a 3-9 Vanderbilt. Remaining in the top 10 after a loss to Alabama and Ole Miss.

Alabama being the only team to have less than 3 losses on Mississippi Sts schedule - 4 losses if you include Ole Miss' bowl loss.

Hence the need for rankings to come out later so undeserving teams aren't rewarded for beating teams that turned out to not be as good as initially thought.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore button is right there, pal

There is an ignore option, but there is also a 'don't fucking post ridiculous shit' option, unfortunately, the latter option is for you.

I don't want to ignore everything you put, just the centipede and those other ridiculous poop posts and shit, does the ignore option allow for just those posts?

If not, then the ignore button doesn't solve my problem. I would like to see what you and others have to say on other posts when that stuff isn't involved and I don't want to have to keep ignoring and unignoring just to see if you decided to act like an adult today.

Rereading this post, I can see if this comes across as attacking you or being harsh, but that is not my intention, just so you are aware. I haven't had issue with you in regards to any other posts.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an ignore option, but there is also a 'don't fucking post ridiculous shit' option, unfortunately, the latter option is for you.

I don't want to ignore everything you put, just the centipede and those other ridiculous poop posts and shit, does the ignore option allow for just those posts?

If not, then the ignore button doesn't solve my problem. I would like to see what you and others have to say on other posts when that stuff isn't involved and I don't want to have to keep ignoring and unignoring just to see if you decided to act like an adult today.

Rereading this post, I can see if this comes across as attacking you or being harsh, but that is not my intention, just so you are aware. I haven't had issue with you in regards to any other posts.
Meh, I can see your point and could probably tune it down with some of the copypastas. There's other ways to be nonsensical without being more obnoxious

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely matters. You are assuming that people aren't influenced by the rankings, but they absolutely are. The rankings are used to "justify" the rankings. Hence (for example) Mississippi St going from unranked to top 15 by beating the likes of Southern Miss (3-9), UAB(6-6), South Alabama(6-7), and #8 LSU. LSU went on to lose 4 more games. The Mississippi St beats Auburn and is ranked #1 in the country.... Auburn also goes on to lose 4 more games. Both LSU and Auburn experienced the drop because they obviously continued to lose more games, but Mississippi St felt nothing like that and didn't experince much of any drop even though the teams they beat to get as high as they were turned out to be pretenders. LSU finished the season unranked and Auburn finished #22.

But Mississippi St goes on to beat the likes of 5-7 Kentucky, 7-6 Arkansas, a 6-6 FCS program in Tenn-Martin, and a 3-9 Vanderbilt. Remaining in the top 10 after a loss to Alabama and Ole Miss.

Alabama being the only team to have less than 3 losses on Mississippi Sts schedule - 4 losses if you include Ole Miss' bowl loss.

Hence the need for rankings to come out later so undeserving teams aren't rewarded for beating teams that turned out to not be as good as initially thought.
Still much ado about nothing. It hasn't mattered in the past. In the BCS Era, the Harris Poll would wait while the AP voted all year. Same similar results in the Harris as in the AP once the Harris started voting. Undefeated P5 teams are going to rise to the top regardless of when the voting starts. If un-ranked Iowa State is undefeated, they will be in the Top 4 and in the Playoff. If Alabama goes 9-3, they will drop and be gone.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not reading or replying to his UCFalderal is an option.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent examples. And well said.

Psychologists and economists call this the Anchoring Effect . Its extensively researched and very real.

#UCFacts

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

P.S. Mississippi State became #1 for a few weeks in 2014 because they were one of five (Ole Miss, Miss. State, ND, Baylor and FSU) Undefeated teams and eventually one of two major undefeated teams after Baylor, ND and Ole Miss lost. It had nothing to do with pre-season rankings - of which FSU started higher as a matter of fact.

Even that worked out when Miss. State lost to eventual SEC Champion Alabama and did drop out of the Playoff hunt. Either way, they were a good team with a future NFL QB (Dak Prescott) at the helm. Why did it matter if they were 5, 10 or 15 after they lost? FWIW, the CFB Playoff Committee doesn't rank until October, which is what really matters and what you want.

Last edited:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh.

Its happened to my favorite team as well.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent examples. And well said.

Psychologists and economists call this the Anchoring Effect . Its extensively researched and very real.

#UCFacts

It is, and I appreciate any allusions to behavioral economics.

That said, anchoring is at play regardless of when the first rankings come out. Teams like OU, Bama, tOSU, and Clemson are going to have an advantage as long as they win. People believe what they believe in the early weeks whether we have rankings or not.

I do think the main reason we have early season rankings is so we can have these conversations. Otherwise, we’d have to actually analyze games. :D

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the most innocent of posts I've seen from the OP. And this is the one that results in punishment?

I made a similar statement about the Gators. It's a legitimate concern that every fan has about their team.

His shtick trolls the crap out of a bunch of dumbasses almost daily. I find it highly entertaining. I, for one, hope he doesn't give up. Plenty can be done in responses alone.

BOOM!

Once people realize that Honors is, indeed, a superfan of his school and learns to know when he is simply outright trolling then it becomes funny. I used to roll my eyes when I would see one of Honors dozens of threads a day, extolling the virtues of his UCF slanted views and throwing in ridiculous things like giving the coaching staff advice that they actually use.

Just seeing the butt hurt reactions he gets is so entertaining when it is obvious. Most sane people should either ignore him or try and have an actual football conversation with him.

You may be surprised, and eventually you might even UFCheer for the Knights.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^
What a retard... only people who "enjoy" the sort of crap spammed at rivals would enjoy this low brow "trolling"