• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial SportsHoopla Wrasslin' Thread.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with ending the streak is why. I don't think they should just because they can, and the only reason I can see him having match #21 is to end it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they did do an Undertaker 15-0 DVD right before his match with Edge. I thought for sure that it was a quick money grab before the end of the streak. I think the same about this new DVD. I don't know if it is going to be Lesnar or Cena, but I think they are going to pull the trigger on the end of the streak at the next WrestleMania - if Undertaker can still go. It's too much of a go-to bragging point in promos to not have someone end it.

you are right.....but I hope it isn't Lesnar or for the love of GOD CENA to end the streak. No need....like you said, it's too much of a bragging point in promos and certainely a landmark to elevate and jump start a career that it shouldn't be ended by a well established wrestler like Cena or Lesnar, or especially a wrestler who only has a 1 yr contract such as Lesnar.

IF They are going to end it, it should end with someone WWE see's as the next big thing in 4-6 years down the road to be the man in the company.

I could also see them pitting The Miz streak vs Undertakers streak, and have The Miz end it to continue to run with his undefeated WM streak..and they can build on that for the next 10 or so years.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the only person who should end it is Kane; and that's only if Kane and Taker are both gonna fully retire immediately afterwards.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with ending the streak is why. I don't think they should just because they can, and the only reason I can see him having match #21 is to end it.

this too. If a WM29 match is announced then you know its ending. Which IMO is stupid. Keep it at 20-0.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But remember this....No one ever imagined it would be a good idea for Hogan to turn heel, it was un-thinkable....but when he turned he changed the business forever and sold more merch then ever before.

Cena doesn't have a Kevin Nash or a Scott Hall to wear that merchandise and make it cool to be a bad guy though. A Cena turn can only do two things:

1. Make the people who cheer him start to boo him
2. Make the people who boo him start to become indifferent

Best case scenario leaves him with a 50-50 crowd split, and he already has that.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the only person who should end it is Kane; and that's only if Kane and Taker are both gonna fully retire immediately afterwards.

Certainly would be a story book ending to one of the longest feuds in WWE history. Definitely would have A LOT to build off of to build up to WM. Undertaker took Kane's face and life away, so Kane could say I'm going to take something away from you that means just as much..your streak..

Could work. But still I don't want to see the streak end.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cena doesn't have a Kevin Nash or a Scott Hall to wear that merchandise and make it cool to be a bad guy though. A Cena turn can only do two things:

1. Make the people who cheer him start to boo him
2. Make the people who boo him start to become indifferent

Best case scenario leaves him with a 50-50 crowd split, and he already has that.

this is true. Actually, all true. yes.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly would be a story book ending to one of the longest feuds in WWE history. Definitely would have A LOT to build off of to build up to WM. Undertaker took Kane's face and life away, so Kane could say I'm going to take something away from you that means just as much..your streak..

Could work. But still I don't want to see the streak end.

I don't want to see it end either, but other than HBK and HHH, who else has as much history with Taker than Kane? I don't like the idea of ending it to put someone over. If ending the streak is the only way for a wrestler to get over then they need to be shipped to FCW or OVW.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know if they would do "The Streak" storyline with another old and almost out the door wrestler, such as Kane. I could see them using a younger wrestler to maybe make you think the streak is going to end and that the only reason for #21 is to put this young guy over...Ultimately ending with Takers victory, but keeping you on edge thinking the streak is going to end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE has clearly moved in a different direction with Cena. He's become so over the top lame that it's become obvious they're catering to the fans who want to boo him.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE has clearly moved in a different direction with Cena. He's become so over the top lame that it's become obvious they're catering to the fans who want to boo him.

I hope you are right. It is clearly obvious people are severley annoyed by him and his character and are desperately wanting a new guy at the top. Hopefully WWE has someone to take that spot...Oh I got an idea, TV-14 CM Punk.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch tonight but I still felt compelled to come here to say

YES! YES! YES!

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've ever posted here.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NATURE BOY!!!

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE is just fine as PG. TV-14 just mean adding sex to the show which was always awkward.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would bring back legitimate tag teams and do it properly, it wouldn't really matter what the rating is.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE is just fine as PG. TV-14 just mean adding sex to the show which was always awkward.

you are somewhat right here. I always hated the added sex to wrestling. There was no need for it. I think WWE Can do fine with TV-14 if they didn't go over the top with it. You don't need the added sex, there is no point for it. Everything can stay the same, but you allow some wrestlers to use different words during there promos, for example.

CM Punk doesn't call someone a "big toolbox" He uses a much better phrase or word.

there is blood during big time matches, I don't want Ric Flair TNA type blood in every damn match, but I'd like to see blood in those big type matches, especially a HIAC or Extreme Rules, seems more real.

I agree though, no need for the sex, no need for the Diva's to be wearing absolutely nothing, no need for a Katie Vick type storyline. But let's have it just so these guys can do their job a bit better and make the promos seem more decent.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude in all seriousness....how do you get into TNA? I would be so fed up by now with the Hogan/Bischoff/Flair constantly in the main event storylines. It's just frustrating to hear Hogans music 5x in one show.