• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial SportsHoopla Wrasslin' Thread.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far as Triple H as COO or whatever the Hell he is of the company, the product has been pure shit. Worse then what it was a year ago.

I had hopes with Trips being in corporate/creative decisions that things would get better because I knew he had some control during the Attitude Era with DX. I figured he and Shawn might be able to right the ship again on the product.....so far....very wrong. His decision making is horrendous. SO because of personal gripes and a hurt ego on some things he will hold back and go ahead and push some bullshit Cena/Big Show part 15 on us? C'mon.

The story goes that Steph is the brains and HHH and Vince mess shit up. I think Shane would have to get back into the company for a drastic improvement to occur.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for Shane to return and take over. He is 10x better then Vince, Steph and HHH. See what he has done with his current company and he is taking them from nothing into something.

I have ALWAYS thought what Vince would do and it would be a great storyline is...

-Shane comes back onto RAW to announce that he has bought WCW and will air WCW on say Wednesday nights. He is doing this to take over a wrestling promotion and feels that he got shafted by Vince his own father since he is basically handing WWE to Stephanie and Triple H, a man who isn't even his own Son....Shane goes on to say that he is going to turn WCW into a power and will over throw WWE and eventually make WCW the bigger brand.

Yes it is similar to the Invasion storyline back in 2000 but this would be a bit different because WCW would end up having it's own showtime and basically let Shane run it for awhile.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Punk quote from his famous promo last summer is dead on, "McMahon is a millionaire that should be a billionaire". Sub out Vince for the whole family and it still fits. Problem is, they won't change too much until they really start bombing in ratings and financials. That hasn't happened yet so until then, they'll stay the course.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Punk quote from his famous promo last summer is dead on, "McMahon is a millionaire that should be a billionaire". Sub out Vince for the whole family and it still fits. Problem is, they won't change too much until they really start bombing in ratings and financials. That hasn't happened yet so until then, they'll stay the course.

If TNA could get the formula right they could maybe light a fire under Vince's ass like WCW did, but Dixie Carter is clueless. She spends too much of their money on people like Hogan and Flair.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if TNA getting its act together would do much. I think the WWE brand is so strong, they'd have to vomit all over themselves for the power balance to change. That's what I was touching on earlier with the Punk quote. WWE, at this point, is like a cash machine. It makes money IN SPITE of what McMahon does. You could totally halfass everything and you'd still turn a profit. You'd have to try real hard or be totally incompetent to screw it up.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it could shift...but TNA really REALLY would have to change things up and also get very lucky by landing some top stars or WWE stars jumping over.

TNA needs to be a little different...I think what they should do is something similar to UFC, since they already have connections with Bellator. Not provide us with fake MMA fights, but build their top wrestles as PPV only top wrestlers. Don't have them wrestle on TV, make them PPV only matches. Yet use TV time to build up the PPV fight.

They also should utilize Matt Morgan and what he is currently going through, make Morgan's real life situation a storyline. Have him come out, cut a promo that he is sick of being under utilized for being as big as he is. Then have him call people out and start dominating, eearning himself a title shot.

TNA should just take things slow, build up to their PPVs and make them feel big time, complete opposite of what WWE does. I really don't like TNA for many many reasons, but I will give them credit...the last 2 months they have produced a better product and better PPV's then WWE.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - Getting rid of the 6 sided ring was a bad idea. So was bringing in Hogan and Bischoff.

They're fucked.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - Getting rid of the 6 sided ring was a bad idea. So was bringing in Hogan and Bischoff.

They're fucked.

This....I don't get what the big deal is over these guys..They made one HUGE impact back in 1996 and everyone thinks these guys are the most essential piece to wrestling. Yet in the end, Hogan drained WCW of money and once got ahold of creative became TV hog forcing younger talent out and over playing himself. Bischoff shot himself in the foot by giving the Mankind statement.

These guys are complete has-beens and had a great run in '96-'98, but are trash now.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a pro-Ziggler crowd tonight.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving Ziggler's DDTs tonight. He needs to add those as a third finisher... assuming he ever wins another match this year.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Tag Team feud . . . .

:think:

I wonder how long they'll run with it????????

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This PPV is more like an episode of Raw. HHH addressing the crowd tonight, and not tomorrow? :confused2:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is, HHH vs Brock at Summerslam.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ these matches. :L

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who won the four way tag match??

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has this been the weakest PPV so far this year?

Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus was pretty good, but yeah, this hasn't been very special. Even that WHC match could've been a RAW match. Punk/Bryan/Kane better be a great contest on top of pushing an angle, otherwise I'm going to feel like I've wasted my time tonight.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus was pretty good, but yeah, this hasn't been very special. Even that WHC match could've been a RAW match. Punk/Bryan/Kane better be a great contest on top of pushing an angle, otherwise I'm going to feel like I've wasted my time tonight.

Yep.