• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? All I heard when the Wings re-signed him was that he "played with heart", had "grit" and was a "leader in the room"! Also, he once had 40 pts (now twice).

But he "shoots" the puck. He doesn't "block" the puck.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would a team source say? "We shit the bed"? "He thinks our team is so unprofessional he's considering joining the Oilers just for the fuck of it"?

Also, fuck Howard Berger with a rusted colander.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Wayne Gretzky, and I approve this ^^ message.

I knew it!

At least he isn't doing this:
LeBron_Decision.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are calling Vesey's head but I don't really understand it. He's not hyping himself up, he's not being a primadonna, he's exercising his collectively bargained right and being smart about an important life decision. I've seen countless "he's never going to live up to the hype, this kid better be the next Gretzky" etc. but this is all fan/media driven, he didn't really ask for that or say anything close to that.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are calling Vesey's head but I don't really understand it. He's not hyping himself up, he's not being a primadonna, he's exercising his collectively bargained right and being smart about an important life decision. I've seen countless "he's never going to live up to the hype, this kid better be the next Gretzky" etc. but this is all fan/media driven, he didn't really ask for that or say anything close to that.

Agree 100%

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely agree. He's well within his right to do this. If he's top 6, he's top 6. If he's garbage, it didn't cost teams too much to see. The reward is much higher than the risk with this one.....

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people I've seen bitter on Twitter (heh) are Sabres fans who for some reason thought a guy who had a chance to sign for a Cup contender but didn't would be more enticed by sharing a locker room with Evander Kane. Sad!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that term and AAV amount.
It seems reasonable enough, but I hope the Flames aren't going to Gaudreau now and pulling out the ol' "Sean is our highest-paid forward, nobody is going to be getting more than him" routine.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to "click this image to show the full-size version"