• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know where to put this so stuck it here...stole from HD's Disney blog

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl, who worked in the pro scouting department for the New York Jets, took a recent tour through the ACC and evaluated several players and their potential for the NFL.

Despite all of Virginia Tech's offensive struggles, Weidl wrote that quarterback Logan Thomas is still a potential first-round NFL draft pick . Here's an excerpt:

He clearly still needs time to develop his touch and refine his mechanics, but Thomas has a very high ceiling. His accuracy was a bit better against UNC and Thomas stands tall in the face of the rush, and it must be noted that he is still getting very little help from his receivers or offensive line in an offense that is very vanilla.
However, when scouts look at the tape they will see his easy throwing motion and flashes of his huge potential, and that will likely keep Thomas in the first-round conversation.

Unless LT struggles so, so, so, so badly this year, I would be shocked if he fell out of a 2nd round draft projection.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt he'll be in the discussion, but I don't know if a team would be ready to pull the trigger that early. Depends on what else is on the board, but aren't there supposed to be several good QBs coming out this year? If he has a good 2nd-half, he could definitely go in the 1st or 2nd round still. If he struggles with his mechanics like he did in the first half of the year, I would not be shocked to see him fall out of the 2nd round. I think he'd be encouraged to come back and work on that for another year, to put him back in that 1st round discussion. We shall see how the 2nd half goes.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Logan is going to want to leave with this season as his legacy. I do not know the guy (obviously) but some people close to the situation feel very strongly about this.

And that is great and I think it would pay off for him if he does that. Barkley has been the concensus #1 QB in this coming draft for 3 years (although Geno Smith is gaining on him quickly). Most places I have looked have Wilson, Bray, Manuel, and Thomas in the next tier. Some even have Glennon, Boyd, Murray, etc. all in there with the second tier guys too.

In the end, I think (and hope) you are right 46. He could use another year, raise his stock, and probably be the 1st or second QB taken in the '14 draft. Maybe even the top pick overall depending on how his year goes and depending on the underclassmen that might go this year vs. next year (Bray, Boyd, Murray). He should have enough playmakers next year (Coles, Knowles, etc.) and as good a line as he has this year to make some things happen on offense. Defense won't likely be losing anyone outside of the seniors (Hopkins, Taylor, JGW) so they WILL do their part...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....could the coaches' decision to redshirt Coles been a ploy to lure LT back for another year?

:think:

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Coles injury situation ended up being a blessing in disguise assuming he comes back healthy next year. He wouldn't have made us a good team this year (though he would have helped for sure) and next year he will be the unquestined #1 target. I also think he could play in the NFL and, as I've previously stated, he's better than Marcus Davis.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....could the coaches' decision to redshirt Coles been a ploy to lure LT back for another year?

:think:

Personally, I think LT's performance in the first 6 games will be a big enough lure to come back for his senior year

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is great and I think it would pay off for him if he does that. Barkley has been the concensus #1 QB in this coming draft for 3 years (although Geno Smith is gaining on him quickly). Most places I have looked have Wilson, Bray, Manuel, and Thomas in the next tier. Some even have Glennon, Boyd, Murray, etc. all in there with the second tier guys too.

In the end, I think (and hope) you are right 46. He could use another year, raise his stock, and probably be the 1st or second QB taken in the '14 draft. Maybe even the top pick overall depending on how his year goes and depending on the underclassmen that might go this year vs. next year (Bray, Boyd, Murray). He should have enough playmakers next year (Coles, Knowles, etc.) and as good a line as he has this year to make some things happen on offense. Defense won't likely be losing anyone outside of the seniors (Hopkins, Taylor, JGW) so they WILL do their part...

don't forget Landry Jones.

I also think and hope that 46 is right about LT coming back next year. I think it'd be in his own best interests, barring injury. And he's not exactly the kind of guy you worry about being injury prone. The question is whether or not the decision will essentially be made for him by a poor second half. Hopefully not. For everyone's sake. :)

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Wilson has won the coaches back over. He got 7 carries today and was able to pick up 35 yards. Bradshaw was the only other back who got to tote the rock. He also had a couple nice returns, one for 46 that was called back about 20 yards due to a hold, and another for 66 that stood.

Hosley appears to be back from his injury, picking up 3 tackles.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just an FYI: boykin is dressing for GB tonight, dont look to see him on the field but you never know.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI: boykin is dressing for GB tonight, dont look to see him on the field but you never know.

he got in at the end for a 3-n-out series (all running plays). Not much to say there. On the last of those he was a little late reacting on the snap.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get to see 5 Hokies today in the Skins/Giants game.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Morgan had a 20 some yard touchdown that was called back due to Fred "Pothead" Davis.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosley got burned on that late Moss TD but he recovered Moss' fumble on the next possession. The burn was kinda bad but RG3 threw one hell of a perfect pass too.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw where Deangelo Hall told a ref "fuck you" and got ejected. What a fucking moron!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarrett Boykin getting first half snaps right now