• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear from Jason Worilds?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice...

I forgot that I used to check out this site on occasion when I was one of the mob on TSL -

2012 Reg-Season | Professional Hokies

I used to fire this bad boy up back when I used to play Madden. I'd make the Hokie Skins and then start importing classes from NCAA... for years and years worth of NC's and Super Bowls won by Hokies that would never happen.

Sigh.

Looks like Worlids is playing at least. Was expecting more from him... of course, I don't think we've ever done well with a smaller-DE-turned-LB.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they've had good things to say about Worilds, and like his development, but the Steelers have a pretty good 1st string of LBs. And on top of that I believe Worilds missed the entire preseason with an injury.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Worlids is playing at least. Was expecting more from him... of course, I don't think we've ever done well with a smaller-DE-turned-LB.

Is that what Corey Moore ended up doing? We've got a few DL who, if they get a shot in the NFL, will probably be 3-4 OLBs. Dadi Nicholas, Ken Ekanem, and maybe J.R. Collins.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what Corey Moore ended up doing? We've got a few DL who, if they get a shot in the NFL, will probably be 3-4 OLBs. Dadi Nicholas, Ken Ekanem, and maybe J.R. Collins.

Yes... You can add Nathaniel Adibi to that list too.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Arizona has a bad offensive line, but honestly, Little Sweetness looked pretty bad last night. I don't think he has ever really recovered mentally (and possibly physically) from his patellar tendon tear. I keep hoping (for his sake and my fantasy team) that one big game will change things, but he may be one of those backs that can't ever get it back

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Arizona has a bad offensive line, but honestly, Little Sweetness looked pretty bad last night. I don't think he has ever really recovered mentally (and possibly physically) from his patellar tendon tear. I keep hoping (for his sake and my fantasy team) that one big game will change things, but he may be one of those backs that can't ever get it back

Arizona's OL is shit. Like a 60-year-old alcoholic's shit after closing down the bars at 3am and then eating a Grand Slam from Denny's.

I don't think I've ever seen an OL play that poorly. THEY COULDN'T EVEN RUN A SCREEN PASS! On a screen pass you just need to barely slow your man down, just delay him... NOPE! Sacked. That play would've gone to RW and gone for 30+ yards.

Any update on his injury? He had a concussion, right? Good thing he's got more days to recover. They need to pretend to run the ball a little bit if they're trying to not kill Kolb before their bye week.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are calling it a shoulder injury, from what I gather, unspecified. Sure looked like a concussion at the time, but also possible he was just lying still for a second after the wind was knocked out of him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona's OL is shit. Like a 60-year-old alcoholic's shit after closing down the bars at 3am and then eating a Grand Slam from Denny's.

I don't think I've ever seen an OL play that poorly. THEY COULDN'T EVEN RUN A SCREEN PASS! On a screen pass you just need to barely slow your man down, just delay him... NOPE! Sacked. That play would've gone to RW and gone for 30+ yards.

Any update on his injury? He had a concussion, right? Good thing he's got more days to recover. They need to pretend to run the ball a little bit if they're trying to not kill Kolb before their bye week.

Yep. I chalk up Williams' struggles to that JV level O-line. Whether its Beanie Wells, RW, or anyone else, no one can get going behind them. They can't pass protect either.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the NFL, but Joe Saunders just won the first ever AL Wild Card Game. Go Hokies! Go O's!!

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the NFL, but Joe Saunders just won the first ever AL Wild Card Game. Go Hokies! Go O's!!

I am psyched for the O's v Yankees. Most excited I've been for baseball in quite a while.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bradshaw fumbled for the Giants. Coughlin has to be consistent and punish him for 5 f'in games like he has Wilson

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams will require surgery on his left shoulder and is done for the remainder of the season.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams will require surgery on his left shoulder and is done for the remainder of the season.

ugh... Well, on the bright side, it's not his legs, he saves some beating behind that terrible OL the rest this year, and maybe they're better next year. They can't get worse, right?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate this for him. 2 season ending injuries in 2 years. Warrented or not, he's gonna get the injury prone label. And given his lack of production (mostly due to Ari's terrible OL), teams may pass on him since RBs really are becoming plug and play in the NFL. He probably has one last chance to prove himself as a productive back.