• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he finally got a good work load. On the flipside, the Eagles are gonna get Vick killed one of these days. Arizona was blitzing with so much success you'd think the game was played on Madden's rookie level

Yea Philly has lost a shit load of OL to injuries....and that was from an already inept OL last year. I have my doubts that MV will be able to finish out the year without getting hurt. I think at one point in the 4th they said he had been hit over 20 times to that point.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know what the Eagles did in the draft but they should've spent their 1st pick on the best O-line guy available and traded up if they had to to get who they wanted. They invested all that money in Vick but it's wasted if they don't protect their investment. I bet Vick feels like he's back at VT

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam Chancellor just made an awesome open field tackle on Greg Jennings to deny him a first down. On third down, Seahawks sack Rodgers so Kams tackle was a big play.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the Eagles did in the draft but they should've spent their 1st pick on the best O-line guy available and traded up if they had to to get who they wanted. They invested all that money in Vick but it's wasted if they don't protect their investment. I bet Vick feels like he's back at VT

All philly seems to care about are Dlinemen.

I think VT actually had a pretty good Oline back in the MV1 days.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with the NFL for now. I can't in good conscience support the product Goodell is putting on the field.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Coaches spent so much time forcing Michael Vick to try and play from the pocket. They said he'd be better protected from big hits. Now that he has played more in the pocket he's in even more danger of big hits than before. They either need to get rid of the ball faster or have him run away from the line.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches spent so much time forcing Michael Vick to try and play from the pocket. They said he'd be better protected from big hits. Now that he has played more in the pocket he's in even more danger of big hits than before. They either need to get rid of the ball faster or have him run away from the line.

The biggest problem with Vick right now is he is no longer an effective runner. He can't shake the tackles or juke the hits like he used to so it's all catching up to him. He's always carried the ball like a torch (almost afraid to tuck it, nearly always extended) but it didn't matter so much when you couldn't catch him. Now, he is getting caught... A lot... coughing it up... A lot... And getting hit. A lot.

He's not even a 2nd tier QB like this.

If you had told me in 2002 that Matt Schaub would have a far more prolific career than Vick I would've kicked you square in your tiny ascot and sweater-vest with chinos wearing nuts.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with Vick right now is he is no longer an effective runner. He can't shake the tackles or juke the hits like he used to so it's all catching up to him. He's always carried the ball like a torch (almost afraid to tuck it, nearly always extended) but it didn't matter so much when you couldn't catch him. Now, he is getting caught... A lot... coughing it up... A lot... And getting hit. A lot.

He's not even a 2nd tier QB like this.

If you had told me in 2002 that Matt Schaub would have a far more prolific career than Vick I would've kicked you square in your tiny ascot and sweater-vest with chinos wearing nuts.

...and he is what, 2 years into his new 100 million dollar contract.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched much Raven football but just noticed that had a play where Tyrod was at WR. Do they do that often?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see DW had 6 KO returns for 217 yards. 36.2 avg, long of 53. Too bad he's not getting carries, but that's really good!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see DW had 6 KO returns for 217 yards. 36.2 avg, long of 53. Too bad he's not getting carries, but that's really good!

He also had a 50+ yarder called back on a penalty. Ms. 46 was all kinds of pissed at him last night ;) as she is an Eagles fan, but she was still really happy for him and had trouble being TOO mad, lol.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had a 50+ yarder called back on a penalty. Ms. 46 was all kinds of pissed at him last night ;) as she is an Eagles fan, but she was still really happy for him and had trouble being TOO mad, lol.

damn that sucks.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is fun to watch returning kicks. It is the same as when he was at VT. He doesn't dance. He makes a cut and GOES! He is big enough that arm tackles don't slow him down either. I am not sure most kick coverage guys are used to a guy as thick as him having that speed. He will get his time at RB, just needs some coaching.

Flowers had a pick as wel in KC.

Did anyone see any of Hosley last night? I didn't notice him.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is fun to watch returning kicks. It is the same as when he was at VT. He doesn't dance. He makes a cut and GOES! He is big enough that arm tackles don't slow him down either. I am not sure most kick coverage guys are used to a guy as thick as him having that speed. He will get his time at RB, just needs some coaching.

Flowers had a pick as wel in KC.

Did anyone see any of Hosley last night? I didn't notice him.

Didn't have any stats. Don't think he played, which I find odd. He's been pretty good so far.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Royal scored a TD in that Chargers/Chiefs game that I assume nobody watched.