• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard LT shortened his motion and looks real good. But I'm tired of thinking about what might or might not happen there at the end of the year. Way too far away and we know way too little about how he'll look this fall, how the OL and WRs will support him, what his feelings on the matter are, etc. I enjoy speculation up to a point, but that point has been reached for me for now.

You know, that probably sounds like I'm saying shut up. Not my intent at all. Anyone that still wants to speculate there, by all means enjoy... :)

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you that Logan is basically 100 percent gone after this season, barring a major injury or something like that which could hurt his stock. This isnt just my opinion either. Reliable intel. With this, what do we do to beat Alabama without a QB with experience? I know we will have Leal and Bucky will be here by then, but either way, it is very likely their first ever start will be against the best program, with the most ferocious D in the nation. Scares the shit out of me!!!!!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the most ferocious D in the nation.

may very well be on our sideline.

But yeah, no LT and the 2013 O-line we're looking at is very worrisome for the Bama game

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can tell you that Logan is basically 100 percent gone after this season, barring a major injury or something like that which could hurt his stock.

I hate pessimists.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that even Logan doesn't know what he's doing at the end of the season. When he committed to VT he didn't even know he was going to be a QB. So why take the 100% pessimistic view? I don't mind realist, but this is ridiculous. We have a whole year of football before facing Alabama. A lot can, and will, change before then. If you look at the bright side, Logan will have to have a pretty awesome year to be among the top picks at QB in the NFL draft.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and accept what you get.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate pessimists.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that even Logan doesn't know what he's doing at the end of the season. When he committed to VT he didn't even know he was going to be a QB. So why take the 100% pessimistic view? I don't mind realist, but this is ridiculous. We have a whole year of football before facing Alabama. A lot can, and will, change before then. If you look at the bright side, Logan will have to have a pretty awesome year to be among the top picks at QB in the NFL draft.

Agreed. I hope I didn't make it sound like he was already gone. Just that the odds looked better than I thought up to this point and that it certainly looks like he will have that option if he wants to. I am sure many people said "I am 100% confident that Matt Barkley is gone, or that Andrew Luck is gone"..and despite them being top 5 picks in the respective draft...they stayed. There isn't nearly as much pressure on a QB leaving early as say, a running back. RB's have limited numbers of carries and every one they take at the collegiate level is, in theory, one less they will take at the pro-level, where they are banking to do so. As long as a QB has a decent OLIne (to protect him) and a reason to come back (finish school, MNC shot??) then I don't blame them for wanting to stay and improve their game, continue to be the big man on campus, and enjoy life. With that being said. IF LT has a big year, and is expected to be a high draft pick I would expect him to go..but obviously I don't know him or what he would do....

I guess Matt does???

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hate pessimists.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that even Logan doesn't know what he's doing at the end of the season. When he committed to VT he didn't even know he was going to be a QB. So why take the 100% pessimistic view? I don't mind realist, but this is ridiculous. We have a whole year of football before facing Alabama. A lot can, and will, change before then. If you look at the bright side, Logan will have to have a pretty awesome year to be among the top picks at QB in the NFL draf

SCORES this is the same conversation we had the other day. NO logan doesnt know how the season will play out, BUT he may very well already know what he plans to do if given the opportunity. And before we start hearing quotes about how LT "isnt even thinking about it" that is PR BS and we all know it, Look at it like this: if we are thinking about it, do you honestly think he isnt thinking about it?

*btw im talking only if he gets a 1st round grade. (thats the opportunity)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FTR though i think if Logan continues to progress and we can keep him for his senior year 1) the '13/'14 season could be one of the most talented ever at VT 2) We'd have the schedule and the team to make a run at the championship game (or playoff) his senior year.

My whole opinion on the thing is that if LT is graded as an early pick or first round in general he'd really have nothing to gain by coming back. If he is given a second round or later grade it would be smart to come back because he has the potential to be a better pick than that.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's fun to speculate but that's all it is ... Matt may have a reliable source but nothing's set in stone and unless he heard it from LT's mouth himself, it is going to be at least partial speculation at this point...I think that the two things that may work in OUR favor for him to stay:

1. As it was mentioned before, a playoff starting in '14 would help VT's chances .. the schedule (if we could beat Bama) .. the team .. if he comes back, most consider "that year" to be the year that we can make a run << honestly, I think that this upcoming season is THE season

2. He's projected to MAYBE be a first rounder after this season, probably being anywhere between the 2nd and 4th QB taken. Some are already banking that he would ABSOLUTELY be the #1 QB taken in '14, possibly the #1 overall pick.

Personally, I hope we make a run in '13 and win the natty, LT wins the Heisman, and then he becomes the #1 overall pick in the '13 NFL draft :) <<<< never say never Hokie fans. If three things happen:

1. OL "pleasantly surprises" this season (we have some experience)
2. If LT has a Heisman-like season
3. If Marcus Davis and DJ Coles step up

... if if if .. I know .. lots of ifs but one of these seasons, all of those ifs will pan out ... it could happen .. all we have is HOPE

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not just stating what i think will happen. It is what it going to happen. Trust me. Do I wish he would come back? Duh. But is he? No.

Now, obviously if he just sucked ass this year, or got hurt and had to miss most of the season, that would change things potentially, but barring any unforeseen circumstances.... Yea.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree sparko. This could be THe year. Especially bc we have the QB, and we aren't getting overhyped like we have in some past years. I have also seen some of the practices this year, and we we are looking much better on O than I had previously thought we would be. A somewhat under the radar vt team with Logan at the helm, and our D looking like it is, I don't doubt our chances.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, Vegas has us going off at 25-1 odds to win it all next season.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why Dante paige-moss didn't get drafted... Not at all the same as Logan's situation.

Donte Paige-Moss flames out at UNC, enters 2012 NFL Draft - Mocking The Draft

As far as Barkley goes, yes, he decided to come back. But Matt and Logan were/are in very different situations. Not saying school isn't important to Logan, but read up on Barkley and his family, and his/their efforts/opinions regarding education.

Barkley also had Luck and RG3 ahead of him in terms of QBs that there was no chance of him jumping. He is the consensus #1 overall for next year and he lives in Southen California, where is a king, surrounded by amazing women, weather, parties, and beaches. And he lives there for free. And probably gets paid knowing USC.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why Dante paige-moss didn't get drafted... Not at all the same as Logan's situation.

Donte Paige-Moss flames out at UNC, enters 2012 NFL Draft - Mocking The Draft

As far as Barkley goes, yes, he decided to come back. But Matt and Logan were/are in very different situations. Not saying school isn't important to Logan, but read up on Barkley and his family, and his/their efforts/opinions regarding education.

Barkley also had Luck and RG3 ahead of him in terms of QBs that there was no chance of him jumping. He is the consensus #1 overall for next year and he lives in Southen California, where is a king, surrounded by amazing women, weather, parties, and beaches. And he lives there for free. And probably gets paid knowing USC.

Regardless of 'meaning' of why the guys didn't leave of get drafted, this alone shows why it's dumb to say 'See ya' when a guy is rated high on one guys draft list 12 months in advance. I also don't even know why you would be siting Mel Keiper if you have it on 'reliable intel' that he is leaving. I'm going to see how this season rides first.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree sparko. This could be THe year. Especially bc we have the QB, and we aren't getting overhyped like we have in some past years. I have also seen some of the practices this year, and we we are looking much better on O than I had previously thought we would be. A somewhat under the radar vt team with Logan at the helm, and our D looking like it is, I don't doubt our chances.

I can only hope. But it's early, and the pre-season hype train ain't rollin' yet... ;) We've got sleeper pick written all over us.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of 'meaning' of why the guys didn't leave of get drafted, this alone shows why it's dumb to say 'See ya' when a guy is rated high on one guys draft list 12 months in advance. I also don't even know why you would be siting Mel Keiper if you have it on 'reliable intel' that he is leaving. I'm going to see how this season rides first.

Haha. Sorry, but that is funny. Please..Please MattB..don't tell me your "reliable intel" is Mel Kiper (or any of these mock draft boards/sites for that matter).

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha. Sorry, but that is funny. Please..Please MattB..don't tell me your "reliable intel" is Mel Kiper (or any of these mock draft boards/sites for that matter).

As a career real intelligence professional, I can tell you that ALL human sources are UNreliable intel. Sometimes the individual is the worst of all.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sound like a jerk, but if he can't make that roster, he doesn't belong in the league. Even with Blackmon, that receiving unit stinks. I'll be rooting for him and I think he gets it done

Boykin got cut by the Jags today..:confused: