• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite being of my favorite Hokies..Danny Coale (and Whitley) are on my shit list. He is now the enemy (to go along with..to a lesser degree DW and Jayron).

I hope London crushes his ass on one of them little slants over the middle on Thanksgiving Day...Folds him up...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite being of my favorite Hokies..Danny Coale (and Whitley) are on my shit list. He is now the enemy (to go along with..to a lesser degree DW and Jayron).

I hope London crushes his ass on one of them little slants over the middle on Thanksgiving Day...Folds him up...

I, while I love your Skins spirit sir, do not agree.

Ever since my first game at Tech, the NFL has become little more to me than a place to play fantasy football and cheer on Tech alumni. After my first time in Lane Stadium I couldn't go back to the quiet, pissy and privileged atmosphere of the NFL. College Football >>> NFL Football in just about every category.

I'll be rooting for these guys like I would in any split loyalties Fantasy Football match up (my player vs. the Skins). I want the Skins to win the game, but I want them to give up big time yards to Coale. Same goes for DW, not so much for Jayron (he can have some pass break ups but no INTs).

But the NFC East is becoming harder and harder to be both happy and a Tech/Skins fan. With RG3 in the fold there's no hope we draft LT3 next year or after.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ever since my first game at Tech, the NFL has become little more to me than a place to play fantasy football and cheer on Tech alumni. After my first time in Lane Stadium I couldn't go back to the quiet, pissy and privileged atmosphere of the NFL. College Football >>> NFL Football in just about every category.

I'll be rooting for these guys like I would in any split loyalties Fantasy Football match up (my player vs. the Skins). I want the Skins to win the game, but I want them to give up big time yards to Coale. Same goes for DW, not so much for Jayron (he can have some pass break ups but no INTs).

But the NFC East is becoming harder and harder to be both happy and a Tech/Skins fan. With RG3 in the fold there's no hope we draft LT3 next year or after.

I can relate. Since my NFL team sucks (Titans), I find myself just rooting for teams with Hokies on them. Looks like I'll be locked into the NFC East all year while my Titans try to figure out who's the more mediocre QB: Locker or Hasselbeck.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys see him as that type that would leave early if he's told he'll be a first-rounder? I know i've seen a quote on this board posted that he has two years left, but I'd say i'm thinking about 50/50 if he's told he's a high prospect. If he is told he's the number 2 overall like Mel is predicting way too early, then I don't blame him. Leal better get some reps this season, and I hope Bucky can come in ready to play if this is the case.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IF he is projected as a 1st round talent, i dont think anyone would blame him for leaving early.

*in the event that LT does decide to leave early, i have full faith in Leal.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed....but damn it, why the cowboys??

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seau's death cruelest blow of all to '94 Chargers

"There is something out there called the San Diego Sports Curse, and it's supposed to refer to the city's inability to capture a major pro championship in the last four to five decades. But it takes on a sadder and more disturbing meaning in the wake of Junior Seau's apparent suicide Wednesday.

Seau was a star linebacker on the 1994 San Diego Chargers, a club that went to the franchise's only Super Bowl. Only now it's a club that just subtracted its eighth player."

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly how i feel except i guess the lingering NFL fandom is for the eagles.. more often then not though, i'm rooting for my fantasy player, regardless of the outcome

and i root against the steelers so i can laugh at all my friends (read: overconfident steelers fans (read: steelers fans))

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thought i was the only one that followed players instead of having a team. I generally pull for the Lions, Eagles, and Ravens, but really dont have a team that i have any connection with. I more or less just say hey _____ is playing they've got______.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Skins fan, but I will cheer for Hokies throughout the league. It was fine up until a few years ago when Darryl Tapp signed with the Iggles. Now the NFC East seems to have the highest concentration of former Tech players.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked out ESPN and they don't have Will Montgomery listed as a Redskin (they don't have him listed at all). Did something happen that I wasn't aware of?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing a couple places where they have LT as a first round pick in the 2013 mock drafts (going to buffalo maybe) and if he were to stay the #1 2014 prospect...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The picture that I took of my son and LT is already priceless ... this would make it even more-so.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a Skins fan, but I will cheer for Hokies throughout the league. It was fine up until a few years ago when Darryl Tapp signed with the Iggles. Now the NFC East seems to have the highest concentration of former Tech players.

I'm right there with you, but would have loved to see Wilson end up on the Skins with Robert Griffin III.

I've made the mistake of trying sneak in a few players from the Skins onto my fantasy team, which has generally been a disaster except for some fleeting success with Fred Davis...

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right there with you, but would have loved to see Wilson end up on the Skins with Robert Griffin III.

I've made the mistake of trying sneak in a few players from the Skins onto my fantasy team, which has generally been a disaster except for some fleeting success with Fred Davis...

santana was decent a couple of years ago. for a while i was trying to figure out which rb was gonna play and use them...then i realized that with shanny...it's not a good idea..lol. that mofo loves multiple backs.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...-draft-gurus-very-high-on-logan-thomas-in-13/

The more and more I read the more I think I might have to stick my foot in my mouth. I felt like LT was a long shot at best entering this year to be a 1st rounder (unless he had a GREAT year). Of course we will have to see where it all plays out. I would say he is still a second rounder right now but he may jump high if he improves even more concerning reads, touch, etc. If he does this. His physical attributes combined with everything else may be too much for a first round team to pass up..