• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting him to be the fastest of the Hokies at the combine. Not surprised... but the "On the field" clock has been running a might fast compared to the official numbers.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was expecting him to be the fastest of the Hokies at the combine. Not surprised... but the "On the field" clock has been running a might fast compared to the official numbers.

I'm not really understanding the apparent disconnect between the numbers reported as the Combine events are being run and the so-called final official times.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really understanding the apparent disconnect between the numbers reported as the Combine events are being run and the so-called final official times.

nfl network is hand timing and reporting those. Official electronic times aren't coming out until the event is finished.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it all motion cameras? It just doesn't seem like it should be that hard.

Well... whatevs. So long as we continue to be RB/DB U, I couldn't care less. Speaking of... anyone heard how Ryan Williams is progressing? He was on my sleeper list last year. He's on my super uber sleeper list this year. Beanie Wells barely made it through the season and the rest of the Cardinals "stable" is ehhh at best. I'm hoping he can come back with a vengenace.

I'd also like to see Manning go there. See if he can have the same effect as Warner and give Larry Fitzgerald some FFL value again.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lowest CB did 7......Chase Minnifield :rofl:

The bench was the only drill he even competed in today :confused2:

FWIW, Minnifield grades at an 81.5. 10th among CBs

Hosley at 86.0, which is 4th

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good marks for Jayron. I'm a bit surprised at his 40 time (bench doesnt look all that bad either!). I'm also a bit surprised at Minnifield's bench..WTF!!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some tidbits from Walterfootball.com

"No running back was more impressive than David Wilson in Indianapolis. He blew up the Combine for a number of reasons:

First, Wilson's measurables were off the charts. He notched a 4.40 40, a 41-inch vertical and an 11-foot broad jump. Second, Wilson was terrific in the receiving drills. He caught 22 balls as a junior in 2011, so his pass-catching ability didn't appear to be the strength of his game. If his Combine performance is any indication, that's definitely not the case, and he can be a quality receiving running back as a professional.

Last, it's worth noting that NFL teams were highly impressed with Wilson in the interviews. Wilson reportedly was the only prospect to show up in a suit (Armani, to boot) to all of his meetings, while most of his peers wore sweats. He was a professional both on and off the field this weekend, which could help him be the second running back off the board in the 2012 NFL Draft."

"Another late round wide receiver who was subtly impressive was Virginia Tech Danny Coale. He ran a 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds and looked good in the field drills. Coale did not have big production in college, but he has the capacity to be a valuable player to have on the roster. Coale (6-0, 201) can serve as a contributor in the slot and should be an excellent special-teams weapon. He is a sleeper prospect for the final day of the 2012 NFL Draft."

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some tidbits from Walterfootball.com

"Another late round wide receiver who was subtly impressive was Virginia Tech Danny Coale. He ran a 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds and looked good in the field drills. Coale did not have big production in college, but he has the capacity to be a valuable player to have on the roster. Coale (6-0, 201) can serve as a contributor in the slot and should be an excellent special-teams weapon. He is a sleeper prospect for the final day of the 2012 NFL Draft."

While I like that they are hyping our guys up, the fact that he wrote that Coale did not have big productions just completely discredits the article. I mean cmon! Maybe he confused him with Stephen Hill...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good marks for Jayron. I'm a bit surprised at his 40 time (bench doesnt look all that bad either!). I'm also a bit surprised at Minnifield's bench..WTF!!!

7 reps for any college football player is pretty sad imho. I could hang 7 at 225 back when I lifted no more than 4 hours/week.

What is more head scratching is the 11 reps that Sean Spence put up. There was some chubby looking FB from Wisconsin who only put up 11 or 12 also.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I like that they are hyping our guys up, the fact that he wrote that Coale did not have big productions just completely discredits the article. I mean cmon! Maybe he confused him with Stephen Hill...

I doubt the writer ever saw Coale play.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any NFL scout and any college football writer surely watched the Sugar Bowl. Coale was one of the best players in that game....aside from his decision on the fake FG.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I read it like he was just saying that Coale didnt have huge yards, which is true when you compare with the rest of the country.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 reps for any college football player is pretty sad imho. I could hang 7 at 225 back when I lifted no more than 4 hours/week.

What is more head scratching is the 11 reps that Sean Spence put up. There was some chubby looking FB from Wisconsin who only put up 11 or 12 also.

Yup, pretty bad showing for Minnifield. For some reason I thought it was a bit bigger for a CB (5'11-6'0 range up closer to 190-200lbs?? Apparently I was wrong as he was a touch bigger than Hosley I think (5'10 185 range). Jayron's numbers weren't through the roof but right in line with what I thought they would be (exceeded in the 40 IMHO). Still CM's performance...that does deserve a "C'mon Man" by Boomer and Co.

What are they feeding them boys in Hooville Jeffro??...certainly not meat and taters..

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it like he was just saying that Coale didnt have huge yards, which is true when you compare with the rest of the country.

True. I guess that being #2 all time at VT doesn't compare to some other schools where they just sling the ball around every play. By the way, I was at Sharkeys last night at glanced up at the tv showing nfl.com; the announcers were raving about our program and how well all of the players have doing at the combine. Always nice to hear things like that.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
True. I guess that being #2 all time at VT doesn't compare to some other schools where they just sling the ball around every play. By the way, I was at Sharkeys last night at glanced up at the tv showing nfl.com; the announcers were raving about our program and how well all of the players have doing at the combine. Always nice to hear things like that.

yes it is! to add to that i read where some NFL analyst made a comment about the ravens needing a QB and their response was something along the lines of Tyrod being NFL ready as soon as he got there and how happy they were with him. We are doing something right in BBURG. haha

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com has this to say about Danny

"He will be serviceable, but likely a non-explosive player at the next level."

BAH!

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I have to say about NFL.com

"NFL.com is full of shit."

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a post on the 49ers team thread that a Eddie Royal to DC was a done deal, I'm hoping the dude isn't talking out of his ass. I'd be one of the first in line for a Royal jersey.