• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com showing Wilson with a 4.49 40 yard dash.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lamar Miller not participate in anything other than the 40 yd dash? I didn't see his name listed on any of the other events.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised David Wilson didn't post a better time. He seems faster than that.

I love this:
ESPN’s Adam Schefter: “Virginia Tech RB David Wilson impressed teams by becoming first player in years to show up to combine interviews in a suit, not sweats.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised David Wilson didn't post a better time. He seems faster than that.

I love this:
ESPN’s Adam Schefter: “Virginia Tech RB David Wilson impressed teams by becoming first player in years to show up to combine interviews in a suit, not sweats.”

I've said it before and I'll say it again .... the 40 isn't that good of a representative of true speed. David Wilson is faster than Lamar Miller on the football field.... but not by much though.

I think with a good proday Wilson is staring early 2nd round and 2nd RB off the board square in the face. I think he is in a similar standing as Ryan Williams last year at this point.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this:

Yep, he wears suits a lot. Did he catch a rabbit or do multiple backflips as well?

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to sound bitter. I thought this was one of those media things where they just repeat the same facts about a player over and over.

Hey, did you guys know Boykin's hands are so huge he has special gloves?

:)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see DW and Coale doing well at the combine. Wilson is cementing his spot as the 2a/2b RB overall and Coale is climbing up the boards. He will be a solid WR in the NFL. A little bit disappointed with Boykin however. 40 time was mehhh and he hasn't been as consistent as he is usually is. I agree with 46..he will get a chance to make a roster and still may be drafted (in the late rounds). I am curious to see how Hosley performs in the next couple days. He has been sliding down boards from what I have seen and is now considered a 3rd-4th round prospect. Hopefully he can improve that stock..

EDIT: Just read the link by 46. Didnt realize Coale is maybe climbing as high as the 3rd or even 2nd round. Kick ass!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I happened to flip through to NFL network when Wilson ran his second time. 4.40, 4.44 were his unofficial times. I have no clue what would push that almost a tenth higher. Heck, Danny Coale ran a 4.50.

Also, LMAO at Stephen Hill. The kid is the fastest guy at the combine so far and spent his career blocking for the triple option. Less than 50 receptions in his entire career.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened to flip through to NFL network when Wilson ran his second time. 4.40, 4.44 were his unofficial times. I have no clue what would push that almost a tenth higher. Heck, Danny Coale ran a 4.50.

It's the same with Danny, his unofficial time was 4.40, but his official was a full tenth slower. And Lamar Miller had the third fastest unofficial time for a RB, but fastest official.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Also, LMAO at Stephen Hill. The kid is the fastest guy at the combine so far and spent his career blocking for the triple option. Less than 50 receptions in his entire career.

the top gear he showed in the route running drills was pretty freaking amazing. He would have been a household name had he played anywhere else.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a knock on Hosley either, BTW. He is just tiny. Hell, Fred Smoot only did one, ha ha.

FACT: Fred Smoot banged more hookers on lake Minnetonka than he did reps on bench at the combine.