• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread tOfficial NCAA Tournament thread

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO you fucking moron. I didn't even know he had a feather in his hair. Can you read? Nothing i said was about a goddamn feather.

It was his spiked hair in the front that looks like it was done with gel. For a basketball game.

O and keep ignoring everything else idiot.

I'm not ignoring anything - YOU are ignoring the fact that the thing that started the whole deal was you calling his Native hair "gay." When are you going to address that, exactly? It's the entire crux of the matter.

He generally does his hair in a 'hawk, and often has feathers or other charms shaved into it. I'm not "infatuated" with him at all, he's a good player on a team I follow and I have a good number of Native friends who love the guy, so I hear about his influence often. Natives deal with more poverty and social issues than any other group, including inner city blacks, and they don't need ignorant fools like you piling onto them, they need someone like Koenig who can be a positive role model, as well as someone who can educate the masses to the plight of the reservations. I guess that must sound "really gay" to you, though. Idiot.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA has a far more developed history than Uconn did back then. Calhoun had to basically build the program from the ground up.

To his advantage, Virginia is a far better recruiting base than CT is.

Bennett is a much much better coach than Paul Hewitt. I mean hell he had Wazzu in the top 10 at one point. There is no doubt in my mind he can continue this.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring anything - YOU are ignoring the fact that the thing that started the whole deal was you calling his Native hair "gay." When are you going to address that, exactly? It's the entire crux of the matter.

He generally does his hair in a 'hawk, and often has feathers or other charms shaved into it. I'm not "infatuated" with him at all, he's a good player on a team I follow and I have a good number of Native friends who love the guy, so I hear about his influence often. Natives deal with more poverty and social issues than any other group, including inner city blacks, and they don't need ignorant fools like you piling onto them, they need someone like Koenig who can be a positive role model, as well as someone who can educate the masses to the plight of the reservations. I guess that must sound "really gay" to you, though. Idiot.

bronson-koenig-ncaa-basketball-ncaa-tournament-second-round-wisconsin-vs-xavier.jpg

There is nothing fucking native about that hairstyle. And what do you know? There are no fucking feathers either.

Shut the hell up with your baseless allegations. Its beyond distrubing. The guy styled his hair before an athletic event. Its not racist. Get the fuck over it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett is a much much better coach than Paul Hewitt. I mean hell he had Wazzu in the top 10 at one point. There is no doubt in my mind he can continue this.

Would you prefer Illinois?

Michigan?

Texas?

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 102028

There is nothing fucking native about that hairstyle. And what do you know? There are no fucking feathers either.

Shut the hell up with your baseless allegations. Its beyond distrubing. The guy styled his hair before an athletic event. Its not racist. Get the fuck over it.

It's absolutely racist - did you ever call a black dude's dreads "gay?" Long hair treated specially with oils and ties? And using "gay" in the first place shows where your brain isn't. You are a hater, not in sports terminology, like a Hate Group hater. Luckily, people like you are anachronisms and you'll die off soon enough.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what you mean

They've all died off after having shots to win it and blowing it. Good schools, good programs, but not blue bloods.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's absolutely racist - did you ever call a black dude's dreads "gay?" Long hair treated specially with oils and ties? And using "gay" in the first place shows where your brain isn't. You are a hater, not in sports terminology, like a Hate Group hater. Luckily, people like you are anachronisms and you'll die off soon enough.

Holy shit you've got issues

Look up the term racist and get back to me.

And while your at it get back caught up on your college basketball history.

I say this with 100% certainty. You are easily the dumbest person on these boards and you have no shot of every losing that crown.

Love the feathers in Bronsons hair against Xavier though!!! Guess I need some special feather seeking vision!!

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you prefer Illinois?

Michigan?

Texas?

Only a handful of schools can recruit at a level where they contend virtually ever year. The rest of us are going to have up and down rides.

UConn needs to start winning and getting more out of its recruits too or they will be in that position.

They need to scrap that joke they call a football team and come back the Big East. No joke.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a handful of schools can recruit at a level where they contend virtually ever year. The rest of us are going to have up and down rides.

UConn needs to start winning and getting more out of its recruits too or they will be in that position.

They need to scrap that joke they call a football team and come back the Big East. No joke.

Trust me, that thought has crossed my mind as well.

I agree with you that UConn could hit the slide. They don't get elite recruiting classes every year. in fact, this incoming class is arguably the greatest recruiting class of all time. Pre-campus.

Okafor and Gordon weren't premium guys when UConn signed them. They developed into top guys. Hell UConn doens't get many mickey D's AAs either.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've all died off after having shots to win it and blowing it. Good schools, good programs, but not blue bloods.

Michigan has been hit by injuries the last two seasons or I think they would have been much better than they were. Illinois went from Self to Bruce Weber, obviously a huge downgrade.

I guess my point is Bennett is a difference maker at the coaching position. I think he's that good. Plus they have a top 10 class coming in on top of what they'll bring back next year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has been hit by injuries the last two seasons or I think they would have been much better than they were. Illinois went from Self to Bruce Weber, obviously a huge downgrade.

I guess my point is Bennett is a difference maker at the coaching position. I think he's that good. Plus they have a top 10 class coming in on top of what they'll bring back next year.

Not sure what the whole discussion is but I agree on Bennett.

I think UVA will be legit as long he's there at least.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically stems from him saying UVA just had it's best chance to win the title. Which may turn out to be true, but I just think given Bennett's track record, there's a good chance they remain a top 15 type of team.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, that thought has crossed my mind as well.

I agree with you that UConn could hit the slide. They don't get elite recruiting classes every year. in fact, this incoming class is arguably the greatest recruiting class of all time. Pre-campus.

Okafor and Gordon weren't premium guys when UConn signed them. They developed into top guys. Hell UConn doens't get many mickey D's AAs either.

They got so fucked by realignment. I mean, they are getting pretty good recruits, but we're talking about a team that has won two titles in 5 years and produced NBA stars. They deserve better.

S'funny but I used to root against UConn with a passion. Now I root for 'em.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tony Bennett will be fine.

How long will he stay in UVA though? As a fan of that school, that might have been their best chance for a Final 4.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knackronizms n shit ninja

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Bennett will be fine.

How long will he stay in UVA though? As a fan of that school, that might have been their best chance for a Final 4.

think he'll be there for the long haul. UVA is a great school, Charlottesville is a great town and he's in the ACC.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got so fucked by realignment. I mean, they are getting pretty good recruits, but we're talking about a team that has won two titles in 5 years and produced NBA stars. They deserve better.

S'funny but I used to root against UConn with a passion. Now I root for 'em.

Dude, I used to HATE Nova. Especially the Kerry Kittles lead teams.

But god damn, something about Randy Foye changed it for me. He's easily one of my all time favorite non-UConn BE players.

Foye
Dejuan Blair
Vonteego Cummings
Jamel Thomas

But Foye and Scottie Reynolds were the guys man.

It was CRIMINAL what the NCAA did to your boys in 05 vs. UNC. Still can't believe they forced UNC to move past that round when they were clearly outplayed by Nova. AND 1.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably should give UVA a little more credit for having a window since the 2014 UConn season happened.

But that was also so wildly unexpected that I can't say it was their best shot.

2006 with like 7 NBA players was their best shot.

2009 against another laughably inferior opponent with multiple NBA players on the roster vs. one with like 1 was another great shot.

Both of them were better chances than than 2011 or 2014. So weird things can happen. But when you're the best team left and you choke to that garbage team....and lose one of the top 5 players in the country who wasn't a huge blackhole offensively...that's tough to come back from.