• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong about this but when Seager first started after returning, his swing and follow through looked better but now seems to be reverting to his previous patterns. He had be able to beat the "shift" but now is seems he is k'ing more and not so much beating the shift. I could very well be off about this but it's something I'm going to pay more attention to WHEN I actually watch more than a few innings per game. :D Love his defense though!!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they never learn and continue to pitch to Trout in critical situations. And it's not like he doesn't have an amazing split against you or anything (season or career).
The blame is solely on the manager for this shit.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there coaches don’t seem to be either doing their job or getting it through to him I don’t know.

I will semi disagree with the part of the LF. In most ballparks, LF is easier but Safeco was built for Jr. and Edgar so RF is actually suppose to be easier position. I just remember that was one of the discussions when Ichiro arrived in Seattle was that he was way too good of a fielder and way too good of an arm to play RF at Safeco or now the Pink.

I actually didn't know that. I don't know the exact dimensions, but I have noticed it looks like more balls get trapped on the left field foul side than on the right field, although I wasn't certain with that. Reading this at least makes me feel like I wasn't nuts for that observation.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong about this but when Seager first started after returning, his swing and follow through looked better but now seems to be reverting to his previous patterns. He had be able to beat the "shift" but now is seems he is k'ing more and not so much beating the shift. I could very well be off about this but it's something I'm going to pay more attention to WHEN I actually watch more than a few innings per game. :D Love his defense though!!

Really optimistic regarding Seager. Here's a good (free) article on him:

Mike Blowers explains Mariners 3B Kyle Seager's swing changes and why he needed to make them

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they never learn and continue to pitch to Trout in critical situations. And it's not like he doesn't have an amazing split against you or anything (season or career).
The blame is solely on the manager for this shit.

I know that Mike Trout is amazing and so far looking like the best player of his generation, but I cannot recall the last time a hitter has so thoroughly wrecked the Mariners.

I just looked it up and he has hit .318/.421/.611 with 34 HRs, 90 RBIs, 30 doubles, and 9 triples against the Mariners in 143 career games.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Mike Trout is amazing and so far looking like the best player of his generation, but I cannot recall the last time a hitter has so thoroughly wrecked the Mariners.

I just looked it up and he has hit .318/.421/.611 with 34 HRs, 90 RBIs, 30 doubles, and 9 triples against the Mariners in 143 career games.
He is absolutely the best player of his generation. And also as a manager I know that this guy is wrecking my team throughout his career, I would not be bother to give him a legitimate pitch to hit w/RISP.

I mean like last night, I would absolutely not pitch to him in the 2nd and 4th. let someone else beat you.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really optimistic regarding Seager. Here's a good (free) article on him:

Mike Blowers explains Mariners 3B Kyle Seager's swing changes and why he needed to make them

I had heard blow's interview and that is what had me take more interest in watching Kyle at the dish. It's too early to buy into all that blow was speculating about but I am looking forward to some hopefully positive changes at the plate. His defense is stellar so far and I think losing the weight definitely is helping out in that area. Last season he made some errors that were not typical of Seager albeit he is not getting any younger though. :D

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is absolutely the best player of his generation. And also as a manager I know that this guy is wrecking my team throughout his career, I would not be bother to give him a legitimate pitch to hit w/RISP.

I mean like last night, I would absolutely not pitch to him in the 2nd and 4th. let someone else beat you.

It would be nice to see some stats about how Trout hammers the Mariners compared to other AL teams. I'm wondering if most of the other managers have their pitchers "pitch around" Trout of if they let their pitchers give him as many opportunities as the Mariners do. That is not something I have tracked at all. But I whole heartily agree with you that giving Trout pitches to hit is something the manager or pitching coach should be addressing....if they are not already. :noidea:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t feel like looking up the numbers but I seem to remember Palmerio use to eat the Mariners alive when he played them.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see some stats about how Trout hammers the Mariners compared to other AL teams. I'm wondering if most of the other managers have their pitchers "pitch around" Trout of if they let their pitchers give him as many opportunities as the Mariners do. That is not something I have tracked at all. But I whole heartily agree with you that giving Trout pitches to hit is something the manager or pitching coach should be addressing....if they are not already. :noidea:

For 2019 AL West only outside of the M's he shits on Texas pitching. Get a hold of this.

In 31 AB this year he's batting .355 BA, .556 OBP, 1.000 SLG, 1.556 OPS with 6 HR, 11 RBI, 12 BB. <<< Yeah, he owns Texas.

Compare that to the M's:

In 24 AB this year he's batting .292 BA, .469 OPB, .542 SLG, 1.011 OPS with 1 HR, 5 RBI, 7 BB. <<< This is along the line of his career numbers against the M's anyway.

These two teams give him the most AB's this year against any opponents as well. They're also pitching around him... somewhat base on the BB's.

He does poorly against the Astros but that's with 7 AB and mediocre against the A's.

*Should be noted he shits on bad teams. Well over 1.000 OPS against all the bad teams he played this year.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2019 AL West only outside of the M's he shits on Texas pitching. Get a hold of this.

In 31 AB this year he's batting .355 BA, .556 OBP, 1.000 SLG, 1.556 OPS with 6 HR, 11 RBI, 12 BB. <<< Yeah, he owns Texas.

Compare that to the M's:

In 24 AB this year he's batting .292 BA, .469 OPB, .542 SLG, 1.011 OPS with 1 HR, 5 RBI, 7 BB. <<< This is along the line of his career numbers against the M's anyway.

These two teams give him the most AB's this year against any opponents as well. They're also pitching around him... somewhat base on the BB's.

He does poorly against the Astros but that's with 7 AB and mediocre against the A's.

*Should be noted he shits on bad teams. Well over 1.000 OPS against all the bad teams he played this year.

Wow Cloud-Thanks for the stats!! :10:
Doesn't look as bad as I figured, but yeah, he's hitting on Texas big time. BB about 1/3 with the M's and only one dinger in 24 AB's. His OPS is up there but that honestly doesn't surprise me much. The only good thing I can say about this is that at least were not sucking as bad as the Rangers. :thumb: For whatever that is worth....which probably isn't worth very much. :pound:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Cloud-Thanks for the stats!! :10:
Doesn't look as bad as I figured, but yeah, he's hitting on Texas big time. BB about 1/3 with the M's and only one dinger in 24 AB's. His OPS is up there but that honestly doesn't surprise me much. The only good thing I can say about this is that at least were not sucking as bad as the Rangers. :thumb: For whatever that is worth....which probably isn't worth very much. :pound:

They've only played 3 series so far and the first 2 series were within the first 2 weeks of the season where the M's beat up on everybody. He'll catch up and be his usual self against the M's again in no time, yesterday showed that.

As far as Texas, he beat the crap out of them the first time they met with 5 HR's in a 4 game series. LOL.

Seriously, he's insane.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Look like Trout is starting to ramp up his onslaught on M's pitching.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF???? We won a game?? Wow is all I have to say.....:suds:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the better moments of Friday night's game was that pissed off look on Trout's face as he watched Bruce's long fall fly over his head going over the wall. Enjoyed the hell out of that moment!! :thumb: He's not the only one who can't hit the long ball :nono:

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard blow's interview and that is what had me take more interest in watching Kyle at the dish. It's too early to buy into all that blow was speculating about but I am looking forward to some hopefully positive changes at the plate. His defense is stellar so far and I think losing the weight definitely is helping out in that area. Last season he made some errors that were not typical of Seager albeit he is not getting any younger though. :D

Would be nice to see him rebound, especially considering he's owed $38m combined in 2020 and 2021.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t feel like looking up the numbers but I seem to remember Palmerio use to eat the Mariners alive when he played them.

Since I'm bored, here is how he fared against the Mariners:

216 games, 52 HRs, 143 RBIs, 43 doubles, .290/.374/.549

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be great news. I figured he would be one of the harder guys to move, but he is on pace for 38 HRs and 30 doubles despite his poor batting average. Not entirely surprised someone would take the bait, should be interesting to see what a trade would look like.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be great news. I figured he would be one of the harder guys to move, but he is on pace for 38 HRs and 30 doubles despite his poor batting average. Not entirely surprised someone would take the bait, should be interesting to see what a trade would look like.
Just saw a followup tweet. Hopefully it can get done.

Hopefully they can get something for Encarnacion, Gordon and Leake too.