• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should be shocked right now. If you put stock in a 13-2 start against mostly bad teams (yes, the Red Sox are very bad right now) and expected that to continue against the Astros and Indians, 2 of the AL's best, that's on you letting "what if" get the best of you.

We were putting up historically significant numbers offensively to get to 13-2. Of course things would come back down to Earth. Even the best teams in history couldn't keep that going for long, so I hope you enjoyed the hot streak as much as I did, but welcome to the real 2019 Mariners. Maybe don't show up to that appointment for your 2019 World Series Champion tattoo.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we've officially reached the point where things became Mariner again. Getting beat by below average former Mariners like Mike Freeman and Lenny Martin is just peak Mariners.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should be shocked right now. If you put stock in a 13-2 start against mostly bad teams (yes, the Red Sox are very bad right now) and expected that to continue against the Astros and Indians, 2 of the AL's best, that's on you letting "what if" get the best of you.

We were putting up historically significant numbers offensively to get to 13-2. Of course things would come back down to Earth. Even the best teams in history couldn't keep that going for long, so I hope you enjoyed the hot streak as much as I did, but welcome to the real 2019 Mariners. Maybe don't show up to that appointment for your 2019 World Series Champion tattoo.

The results themselves arent surprising at all. At the end of the day Dipoto didnt even think this team would contend so why should we based on a couple good weeks. I find myself getting mad that in a supposed rebuilding year they are losing games because a veteran like Beckham plays little league defense or a veteran like Gearin cant find the strike zone. I'd rather be losing with younger guys. But then i get mad at myself for getting frustrated by that. I knew that this would be a rough season either way. Still bad money on the books and prospects arent ready so its just kinda something we have to live with. All I can really hope for is a couple of guys show themselves as maybe a partial building block by the end the of year

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham’s defense strikes again. Won’t show up in the box score but a dropped DP keeps the inning alive and two runs score. Can’t have that shit
Beckham’s defense strikes again. Won’t show up in the box score but a dropped DP keeps the inning alive and two runs score. Can’t have that shit

Beckham
Yeah..beckham did not work at 3b in baltimore..so I would try him at 1b

With Healy being Healy why not..

Crawford and long could then be tryed
Moore ..maybe odd guy out or sent down

Will happen sooner or later...imo
We will see

Cuz guys who can not handle ss or second
Get pushed to one side or the other..1b imo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is the year to try things like
Beckham at 1b
While Healy is at 3b..and seager is out
Bruce can't hit for.. beans..right now
Can't dance...so why not

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham is hitting 318 right now..with
21 singles hits
4 hr,s
So I would not give up on him to soon
He was a 1st round choice for a reason
So
Yeah mariners are back to being mariners
With some work to do
So let's get at it....lol

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham is hitting 318 right now..with
21 singles hits
4 hr,s
So I would not give up on him to soon
He was a 1st round choice for a reason
So
Yeah mariners are back to being mariners
With some work to do
So let's get at it....lol

He was hot for a little bit but he's coming back to earth. And honestly with the way he has been playing defense he needs to hit like .350 to make up for it lol

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it is what we knew it was gonna be.....It was nice for the hot start and make us feel giddy, but it's a rebuild and its going to be a rollercoaster year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I don't know if anyone else posted or saw this quote by Scott Servais:

“We’re playing really good defensively,” manager Scott Servais said. “It’s a credit to the work these guys are putting in. We’ve got to work at it. If you work at it … you have got a chance to get better.”

The Mariners lead MLB with 23 errors. League median is 9, lol.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“We’re playing really good defensively,” manager Scott Servais said. “It’s a credit to the work these guys are putting in. We’ve got to work at it. If you work at it … you have got a chance to get better.”

Ouch...!!!!...lol

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wait what, please tell me this wasnt a recent quote

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all honesty, it does not surprise me that Servais would make a statement like that. He's got so much to learn as a manager. I wonder if he will ever truly be an MLB manager that REALLY knows how to manage a winning team. I think he needs to take a couple "kick ass" pills. :nod:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, it does not surprise me that Servais would make a statement like that. He's got so much to learn as a manager. I wonder if he will ever truly be an MLB manager that REALLY knows how to manage a winning team. I think he needs to take a couple "kick ass" pills. :nod:

I have no idea why he said that.

My assumption was that he didn't want to shit talk his team. I seldom care about what a manager says about the team to the press, but this was just so absurd that I felt I had to share it.

I understand defending your players, but saying "We're playing really good defensively" is as ridiculous as saying that Vogelbach is the fastest player on the team.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "ONLY" positive to takeaway here is the performance by Swanson in this series... Duded balled today but the rest of the team in this series was garbage...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...

BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...

BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR.

Just shows the potential of this team

And it is there

But they need Crawford and long to be ready

And it seems Swanson may be...

So we knew that already.

So
Power for the coarse

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anything we have seen is overly suprising other then taking 3 of 4 from Boston. We happened to catch them at the right time when their starters weren't ready. Other then that they are beating mediocre teams and losing to good teams. This about what they will likely be. There is enough slop in the AL where .500 wouldnt be surprising. But yeah there is nothing really to react to either way about the overall picture.

What's tough to watch is the lineup has a 2012 feel to it which obviously isnt a good thing. If they arent hitting homers, the runs dry up. I guess at least the difference is Dipoto was clear about not contending with this kind of lineup where as Jack Z was convinced it could

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anything we have seen is overly suprising other then taking 3 of 4 from Boston. We happened to catch them at the right time when their starters weren't ready. Other then that they are beating mediocre teams and losing to good teams. This about what they will likely be. There is enough slop in the AL where .500 wouldnt be surprising. But yeah there is nothing really to react to either way about the overall picture.

What's tough to watch is the lineup has a 2012 feel to it which obviously isnt a good thing. If they arent hitting homers, the runs dry up. I guess at least the difference is Dipoto was clear about not contending with this kind of lineup where as Jack Z was convinced it could
Nice summation SeattleCoug and I agree 100% :thumb:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We’re playing really good defensively,” manager Scott Servais said. “It’s a credit to the work these guys are putting in. We’ve got to work at it. If you work at it … you have got a chance to get better.”

Jerry D's latest creation:

PuppetMaster.jpg