• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Murphy kept the HR streak alive at 16 games.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense did their thing tonight in scoring early to take the lead and continue to put up 6 runs.

The pitching was absolutely putrid by giving up 2 grand slams.

This is probably something we’re gonna see throughout the season if they are facing good teams. Offense is legit but pitching is gonna cost them games.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense did their thing tonight in scoring early to take the lead and continue to put up 6 runs.

The pitching was absolutely putrid by giving up 2 grand slams.

This is probably something we’re gonna see throughout the season if they are facing good teams. Offense is legit but pitching is gonna cost them games.

This is the whole part of enjoy the successes and eh the bad stuff. Rebuilding or retooling is all about looking at the positives. The offense that is under control with really good guys on the way looks like a WS caliber offense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a difference in sellouts though. When the Pink turns into a hipster bar like most Friday and Saturday nights is different than the electricity of a sell out of people trying to more than get an easy hook up. But there definitely is a buzz around the area, but at least all the people I know are just enjoying the ride, not putting deposits down for the playoffs or looking for deadline deals etc.

You're right regarding sellouts.

I've probably mentioned this before, but most of the people I run into that I know at Mariners games on Friday and Saturday nights are people from my frat days. Ironically it's mostly sorority girls who can't name a player on the team. It's a "trendy" thing to go to the game and get some Instagram picture.

They all hang out in The Pen. I honestly don't even see the appeal of being in there. The fucking lines are absurd and you're packed in wall-to-wall with people and can hardly move. It's also impossible to know what the fuck is going on since the screen is behind you and you can't really see the field.

I'm getting annoyed because all of my friends who know I follow the team really closely asked me what to expect for this season and I told them. Now I'm constantly getting texts saying "So much for that "rebuild" *laughing emoji*"

I don't want to be that negative asshole and be like, "We'll see."

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how he is currently or hell even last year he would make a great backup catcher for this club or nearly any club. But ya, no idea how he can somehow get back on track. Throughout his entire life he has shown the ability to hit but it seems like in baseball once you are broke you can’t get it back. Like Rick Ankiel when he was the best young pitcher in the game then it just vanished on him mentally.

He's one of those guys I see as a fringe starter, just really depends on how much value you put on pitch framing and defense. He'll always have the power to knock out 20+ HRs, it's just a matter of how many times his bat finds the ball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few trade rapes I've EVER seen the Mariners pull off... Santana for Gamel? Okay, Brewers.

I never understood why the Brewers made this trade... I mean Santana is from DR so there's a chance he's like 66 years old.. but wtf? Why was this trade a thing?

I agree that in terms of overall value it was definitely a steal for the Mariners from the beginning.

From the Brewers perspective, they needed a legitimate 4th outfielder who can man all 4 defensive positions and perhaps act as a pinch runner. Santana is confined to LF and perhaps they felt that Gamel was just a better fit due to his defensive versatility despite the fact that Santana is objectively a better player.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the whole part of enjoy the successes and eh the bad stuff. Rebuilding or retooling is all about looking at the positives. The offense that is under control with really good guys on the way looks like a WS caliber offense.

On the bright side it's much more entertaining watching the team lose after scoring 6+ runs than watching a low scoring game.

I would much rather watch a 6-10 loss than a 2-5 loss personally.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was surprised and pleased with how Felix held his own tonight. I was worried he'd be out by the 2nd inning but I was so wrong. Verlander just flat out kicked our ass- the dude is killer on the hill. Was also pleased with our O as we almost took it to them a couple different times but the luck just wasn't with us tonight. All in all, a good game. Altuve is just awesome and I wish we had that little fart on our team. :heh: Tomorrow's another day and hopefully we'll pull off a W cuz I sure don't want to lose another one to Houston in OUR (pink) house.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Felix going 6 with 3 runs and 1 walk against a team like Houston all day long. As Duders said we almost had a few game changing moments that just quite didn't click, but losing 3-1 to Verlander with our worst starter is a silver lining in a season like this.

Plus that HR streak lives!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Felix going 6 with 3 runs and 1 walk against a team like Houston all day long. As Duders said we almost had a few game changing moments that just quite didn't click, but losing 3-1 to Verlander with our worst starter is a silver lining in a season like this.

Plus that HR streak lives!

I only caught the first few innings but it was nice to check the box score and see he held his own tonight. He bought himself some more time before I can justifiably complain about him again.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh HELL!! Just came in from working in the yard, turned on the game and see the M's are up 2-0 and Marco's pitch count is low and he's kicking ass against the Stros. What a treat to see this happening today. GO MARINERS :yes:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn-Hope I didn't jinx Gonzo. He kind of fell apart after I started to watch the game and posted how well he was doing.:noidea:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side it's much more entertaining watching the team lose after scoring 6+ runs than watching a low scoring game.

I would much rather watch a 6-10 loss than a 2-5 loss personally.

It’s a hell of lot more entertaining. When Felix was at his pinnacle if the other team got 2 runs by the 2nd inning you could leave or change the channel. It’s like 90’s Mariners in the Kingdome.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of those guys I see as a fringe starter, just really depends on how much value you put on pitch framing and defense. He'll always have the power to knock out 20+ HRs, it's just a matter of how many times his bat finds the ball.

Well framing, defense and handling a pitching staff is essentially what a backup catcher is. I think he’d be a great backup even he doesn’t progress at the plate at all.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...not very impressed with Kikuchi's outing into the 3rd so far tonight. Was hoping for more from our offense too. :L

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MGMarinerMooseBackToLife.png

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball..like many other games in a game of adgustments..the opposing pitchers..have adjusted ..so the hitters must adjust

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnd there's Cleveland showing us what we're supposed to be doing when you have bases loaded with two outs...

yeah

Better luck next year