• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say yes. If they can take it away from Reggie Bush then certainly they can take it away from Winston. Heisman people don't put up with this crap.
Um. I'll listen to arguments about taking the Heisman away for poor conduct only if OJ Simpson is the first on the list. Otherwise, I think you are stuck sleeping in the bed you made (you being the Downtown Athletic Club, of course.)

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he should've won it in the first place because the Heisman is suppose to be about "integrity" however he won it so we just have to deal with it. Same way we have to deal with Manziel winning it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um. I'll listen to arguments about taking the Heisman away for poor conduct only if OJ Simpson is the first on the list. Otherwise, I think you are stuck sleeping in the bed you made (you being the Downtown Athletic Club, of course.)

I would say that the one difference would be that OJ's criminal stuff happened some 30 years after he won the award. There is no evidence of him committing any crimes or receiving any improper benefits while at USC that I'm aware of.

Bush's issues were while at USC and Winston's (if convicted of the r*pe allegation) would be while at FSU.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same theory but won't expound either.

Is it something about black people? I mean, hey, if that's how you feel...that's your business, but I would say, in this particular case, this dude is actually mentally disabled. :noidea:

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I stand up and on tables and shout vulgar derogatory stuff like that? No. I also didn't already have a slew of other incidents that compounds this one.

With this moron its not just this one incident alone, you got to look at all the other stupid shit he has done and say okay, we have an idiot here. We need to do something about him before he gets even worse.

:nod:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Suspending Jameis Winston for One Half Actually Makes Him an Even Bigger "Hero"

USA Today article explaining why suspending Jameis Winston for one half is ineffective and will actually make him an even bigger "hero" and will teach him nothing:

USA Today said:
If Jameis Winston thought he was untouchable before, just you wait. If you thought the ethically pliable cocoon of Florida State football had enabled him before, well, you probably haven't seen anything yet.

By suspending Winston for the first of half of Saturday's game against Clemson, Florida State has not punished him but rather given him the opportunity to become an even bigger martyr for its fan base, to enhance his legend as a Seminole deity, to save the season and perhaps another national title. Under the guise of penalty, Florida State has instead given Winston an opportunity to stand there on national television Saturday night in front of an adoring home crowd and talk about overcoming "adversity."

Again.

Some punishment, huh?

Sure, maybe Saturday is when it all comes crashing down on Winston. Perhaps sitting out the first half will leave Florida State in too deep of a hole, Clemson will take advantage and the Seminoles' tremendous run of 18 consecutive wins will end.

More likely, though, it'll play out the other way. Florida State will struggle with backup quarterback Sean Maguire. Clemson will come out fired up, take the early lead and be in position to win the game at halftime. Then, as Winston trots out for the first series of the second half, more than 82,000 fans at Doak Campbell Stadium will give him a standing ovation, Florida State's offense will come alive, and the Seminoles will roll on with very little damage done.

And more than anything, Winston's singular importance to the enterprise of Florida State football will be underlined yet again for everyone from athletics director Stan Wilcox on down to Jimbo Fisher and Winston himself.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he gonna do it den, he gonna do it big, right in her pu$$y

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're right, he should never play football again.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically the article is saying that FSU fans are going to continue to drinking the kool aid and WK-ing this POS. In other news, the sun is projected to rise tomorrow and spread light and warmth back across the previously dark half of the globe.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
The comment he made was directed towards the girl he raped. FSU, therefore, responds with a half-game suspension.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not directed at the girl. It was a quote from a live interview with some random guy on the news. Winston was stupid for not taking into account the many variables into acting like a high school kid.

1. The eyes of the country are on him. If you do something that stupid in a public place, twitter is going to blow up instantly with it.

2. The timing of saying this with the domestic abuse cases could not be worse. Especially now with the NFL cracking down on domestic abuse cases not to mention the NCAA following suit.

3. HE JUST GOT AWAY WITH r*pe. Seriously, I know there will people that jump to his defense and say innocent until proven guilty which I agree with. Look at the facts, there was no attempt to prove his guilt by the police. While he is technically innocent, with the garbage investigation done he got away with murder.