• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way. Civil suits are usually about revenge. Didn't win the real trial if there was one, so now lets take everything they have instead.

I haven't seen any evidence yet that makes me think he did anything. Whether you believe she made it up or not, until there is evidence, I don't really have an opinion.

It's very possible that someone can be raped without physical evidence.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She didn't notify the entire world... Her parents/her attorney aunt did...

It all starts with her and that reasoning you gave doesn't makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very possible that someone can be raped without physical evidence.

It's much more likely that without evidence they are lying about r*pe......just a thought.

You WANT him to be guilty, I think that's clear. You are here trying to make circumstantial evidence fit your preconceived notions, and dismiss anything that argues otherwise.

I won't make any judgements until I see evidence presented that can prove him guilty.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count on that. It's a civil case not a criminal case. Unless some new evidence surfaces, no criminal charges will be brought against him.

The thing is that all kind of new evidence is going to start surfacing. With the civil suit, the accuser now has subpoena power (under supervision of the court) to force all the witnesses to testify (including Winston), force all the evidence to be turned over, etc. If the new evidence is incriminating to Winston criminally that would lead to criminal charges against Winston

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's much more likely that without evidence they are lying about r*pe......just a thought.

That's your opinion and you don't seem to be looking at any other factors.

You WANT him to be guilty, I think that's clear. You are here trying to make circumstantial evidence fit your preconceived notions, and dismiss anything that argues otherwise.

I won't make any judgements until I see evidence presented that can prove him guilty.

Completely false. I think it should have gone to trial. His guilt or innocense makes no difference to me.

How many false r*pe cases can you site for reference?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with the girl having her day in court? She was denied this by the law enforcement in FL so she is now taking it upon herself. If this would have went to court and he was proven innocent, then I can agree she should not go after a civil case. However like OJ just because they cannot prove you are guilty does not mean you are not.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with the girl having her day in court? She was denied this by the law enforcement in FL so she is now taking it upon herself. If this would have went to court and he was proven innocent, then I can agree she should not go after a civil case. However like OJ just because they cannot prove you are guilty does not mean you are not.

That's the thing... No one needs to be proven innocent in this country...

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So unless an actual judge witnesses a crime , there should never be convictions ?????

They have trials for a reason.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they are not then you can take them to court. Winston did even get the not guilty verdict to help his cause. He got some local LEO trying to cover it up and a DA who chose to handle it all himself. At least go to a grand jury and let them say there is not enough evidence.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it is Winston that has to worry too much in this case, it's the Tallahassee PD.

Although, in a civil case, based only upon what we know right now, the accuser might be able to make a case against both. All I know for sure about any of this is that it is one big fucking mess.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I posted what other fans stated. Not what I believed. We went through all that bullshit. If she wins a settlement ok. Still does not prove he did anything or not.

I wasn't referencing you, man. You've actually been reasonable throughout all of this. If every FSU fan would have approached it like you did I would be a Noles fan right now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion and you don't seem to be looking at any other factors.

Completely false. I think it should have gone to trial. His guilt or innocense makes no difference to me.

How many false r*pe cases can you site for reference?

I don't seem to be looking at any other factors? You are the one making judgements that he is guilty, not me. I don't know one way or another until I have seen evidence.

There is a list a mile long of cases where women have recanted on r*pe convictions and admitted they lied - convictions that were made SOLELY on her testimony and no physical evidence. Does the name Brian Banks ring a bell?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww.. they made you drop the avatar Star?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't seem to be looking at any other factors? You are the one making judgements that he is guilty, not me. I don't know one way or another until I have seen evidence.

There is a list a mile long of cases where women have recanted on r*pe convictions and admitted they lied - convictions that were made SOLELY on her testimony and no physical evidence. Does the name Brian Banks ring a bell?

So you are saying there is no way someone could be raped without having glaring physical evidence?

That is very obtuse of you.

I am not making any judgement other than him raping her is or was possible and it should have gone to trial.

So what evidence did they have to allow the Brian Banks case to go to trial?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't referencing you, man. You've actually been reasonable throughout all of this. If every FSU fan would have approached it like you did I would be a Noles fan right now.

That's cool. My bad. I am the only Nole fan on here when all the discussion was going on.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so if they do decide to sue and subpoena Winston or anyone else then the accuser herself also has to take the stand. In which she can be questioned as well. IN a civil suit NOBODY is safe from being questioned, made to look bad, or whatever. If her parents and attorney feel this is the course of action that the accuser must go then so be it. But until she gets on the stand and says yes I was pursuing all of this and want my day in court nobody knows who is "pulling the strings" or their motivation.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have one case that shouldn't have and did

and another case that should have and didn't.

So we should just error on the side of the accused? Nice.

Our country is founded on the philosophy that it's better to let 9 guilty men go free than to let 1 innocent man serve a sentence for a crime he didn't commit.

I agree with that philosophy, as well as innocent until proven guilty.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our country is founded on the philosophy that it's better to let 9 guilty men go free than to let 1 innocent man serve a sentence for a crime he didn't commit.

I agree with that philosophy, as well as innocent until proven guilty.

That's what trials are for. A chance to prove guilt. If they can't then he is innocent.

There was no trial.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying there is no way someone could be raped without having glaring physical evidence?

That is very obtuse of you.

I am not making any judgement other than him raping her is or was possible and it should have gone to trial.

So what evidence did they have to allow the Brian Banks case to go to trial?

You can look it up yourself. From what I understand, she says he did it, they arrested and convicted him. There was no evidence because nothing actually happened. They took away 5 years of that's man life simply because they could. It happens more times than most would like to know. This is what occurs when you don't have the money to defend yourself with a real lawyer.

In the Winston case, she reported the "r*pe" hours after it happened. So if there is no evidence, then YES, I'm saying no r*pe occurred. If you can't prove it happened, then it never happened. That's the basics of our system. ANYONE can sling accusations. If you have no proof, you have no case.

So until I see evidence, I don't know if he did it or not. I'm going with NOT until proven otherwise.