• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't know... To do an investigation. Lol. You FSU fans are really sad.

Investigation into what? That he signed his name thousands of time? JSA wouldn't know if he got paid, and they wont give up their sources as to who gave them the autographs.

Until someone says "I have video or proof of Jameis Winston being paid to sign autographs", there isn't anything to investigate.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Investigation into what? That he signed his name thousands of time? JSA wouldn't know if he got paid, and they wont give up their sources as to who gave them the autographs.

Until someone says "I have video or proof of Jameis Winston being paid to sign autographs", there isn't anything to investigate.

LOL. So you think you need proof before you investigate? :lol:

You have it ass backwards son.

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. So you think you need proof before you investigate? :lol:

You have it ass backwards son.

No, you need something to investigate.

We know he has signed thousands of autographs, that isn't against NCAA rules.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They sheer number and placement of items makes it look as if its illegal.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is if they are being sold.

NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.2
Title:12.5.2.2 - Use of a Student-Athlete's Name or Picture Without Knowledge or Permission.
If a student-athlete's name or picture appears on commercial items (e.g., T-shirts, sweatshirts, serving trays, playing cards, posters) or is used to promote a commercial product sold by an individual or agency without the student-athlete's knowledge or permission, the student-athlete (or the institution acting on behalf of the student-athlete) is required to take steps to stop such an activity in order to retain his or her eligibility for intercollegiate athletics. Such steps are not required in cases in which a student-athlete's photograph is sold by an individual or agency (e.g., private photographer, news agency) for private use. (Revised: 1/11/97, 5/12/05)

I'd say an autograph counts as using a student-athlete's name to sell a product, but that's just me :noidea:

Y

Yapp14

I wonder if the police sold his autograph. You know because he signed a lot of paperwork lying about raping women

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't like the looks of it.... Winston IS known to have been a pretty prolific signer of shit, but this doesn't sound good... Especially on the heels of Gurly.

This is a situation where, as odd as it sounds, FSU needs to turn to the NCAA and ask, "What would you like us to do with this?"...

I mean no one has alleged to have paid Winston a dime, so it isn't necessary to suspend him, but... It is really time just based on the accumulation of things at this point... I don't think any one item in and of itself is worth suspending him, but the sum of all the parts is IMO...

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see probable cause to investigate? You folks really are all in. Lol

We are just supposed to assume he got paid? I see Mariota jerseys authenticated by JSA with the stitched nameplate and numbers signed in same place as Winston.... Is Oregon investigating?

How do you say all 4 of these helmets are signed by the same person?

Bz9tTjFCEAAJTEB.jpg

Y

Yapp14

We are just supposed to assume he got paid? I see Mariota jerseys authenticated by JSA with the stitched nameplate and numbers signed in same place as Winston.... Is Oregon investigating?

How do you say all 4 of these helmets are signed by the same person?

Bz9tTjFCEAAJTEB.jpg
JW don't write so good?

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JW don't write so good?

Rovell claims Winston has had 4 different signatures in his career :lol:

Also, whoever says he used the same pen for all these... you mean a Sharpie?? Big fucking surprise that is