• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you on most of the Winston stuff but this kid may have a 9th grade education. The evidence is every time he opens his mouth. As was said before compare to RG3.

Ability to converse is not even what impresses me about RG3. The dude has a grasp of what's right, wrong, bullshit and otherwise. He's the anti-Jameis.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ability to converse is not even what impresses me about RG3. The dude has a grasp of what's right, wrong, bullshit and otherwise. He's the anti-Jameis.

Ya but he not skrong den...

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah im sure RG3 was a total saint in college.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it raping or their fullback just beating the hell out of his girlfriend and throwing her down the stairs...but still starting the game?

The should give the NC that one year to Florida.

Quick, claim that title for UF before Bama does.:lol:

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should all be defending him or unless you work for the scumbags known as the NCAA mafia

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick, claim that title for UF before Bama does.:lol:

i would think you wouldn't want any banners hanging around to remind you of that ass whippin. some things are best forgotten. :rollseyes:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a similar situation to when Auburn went "all in" on Cam Newton. The difference is that, whether one believes Cam got paid or not, he was at least smart enough to stfu and not add to the problem.
I understand the similarities, but there are glaring differences as well. For example, Auburn actually DQd Cam Newton and then petitioned the NCAA for him to be reinstated. Given the lack of evidence at the time, the NCAA chose to err on the side of the player, and granted the petition. That was smart.

What FSU is doing is rather baffling. As you state, they are all in on Winston. If he goes down for selling autographs, FSU will be looking at sanctions. Georgia handled it the right way. DQing Gurley protects the Bulldogs from the dreaded "lack of institutional control." FSU seems to be very willing to throw the dice on that one.

Even if he wasn't paid, if he knew that the people he was signing for were going to sell the items, it's still a violation of NCAA rules.
True. That is what cost JFF a half of a game. (I'll bet he still smarts from that.)

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He be skmart? Nevermind.
SMRT . . I mean SM-A-RT!
ZHomer_-_Smrt.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the similarities, but there are glaring differences as well. For example, Auburn actually DQd Cam Newton and then petitioned the NCAA for him to be reinstated. Given the lack of evidence at the time, the NCAA chose to err on the side of the player, and granted the petition. That was smart.

What FSU is doing is rather baffling. As you state, they are all in on Winston. If he goes down for selling autographs, FSU will be looking at sanctions. Georgia handled it the right way. DQing Gurley protects the Bulldogs from the dreaded "lack of institutional control." FSU seems to be very willing to throw the dice on that one.

True. That is what cost JFF a half of a game. (I'll bet he still smarts from that.)

Cam go sat for what, one practice? And FSU actually sat Winston for a game while Auburn did no penalty at all.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right or wrong, for better or worse, FSU has put themselves in a position where they are now "all in" on Winston and can only hope that they can get through the season and get him the hell off campus before it all blows up.

It's a similar situation to when Auburn went "all in" on Cam Newton. The difference is that, whether one believes Cam got paid or not, he was at least smart enough to stfu and not add to the problem.

This autographs thing could actually be the worst of all of his issues, at least from an NCAA perspective. Even if he wasn't paid, if he knew that the people he was signing for were going to sell the items, it's still a violation of NCAA rules.

The real problem is if they find there was a cover up in the r*pe investigation which timelines suggest that's possible. If FSU interfered or showed preference to the starting QB on their football team over a female student then they are toast and the NCAA will hammer them just as hard as they did Penn State.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam go sat for what, one practice? And FSU actually sat Winston for a game while Auburn did no penalty at all.

Not to get into this but Cam and Auburn were 100% cleared by the NCAA and even got a letter from the NCAA commending our compliance department. Like it or not that is independent and total vindication that Auburn handled the situation correctly.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real problem is if they find there was a cover up in the r*pe investigation which timelines suggest that's possible. If FSU interfered or showed preference to the starting QB on their football team over a female student then they are toast and the NCAA will hammer them just as hard as they did Penn State.

:hope:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The timeline does suggest that. The worst part about all this is it looks from any actual evidence that Winston would not have been found guilty of the r*pe charge.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timeline does suggest that. The worst part about all this is it looks from any actual evidence that Winston would not have been found guilty of the r*pe charge.

Yeah, at this point it’s looking like the whole Bill Clinton story way back when. It became less about the dick sucking and more about the lying and coverup.

FSU is in a world of hurt from several fronts. The NCAA of course will get their piece of flesh with the autographs, and any “institutional control” aspects that will certainly come down if a coverup of the r*pe situation is proven. The FEDS will absolutely hammer FSU into the stone ages if they get their claws in regarding the Title IX stuff.

Not a good time to be a Nole. Not now and certainly not for any recruits considering that option.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get into this but Cam and Auburn were 100% cleared by the NCAA and even got a letter from the NCAA commending our compliance department. Like it or not that is independent and total vindication that Auburn handled the situation correctly.

It's not like the ncaa picks and chooses who they punish or anything...

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, and I bet you really sleep well at night. Slime did his job well, thank you very much!!

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skrong

Just an observation: The percentage of Winston related threads on the Hoop is nearing epic Tebow / ESPN Board proportions.

Glad I could add to the group effort.