• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Huskers Bullshit Thread-Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pops was banned for bringing zero relevant discussions to the board and being a flaming bigot that wouldn't let it go.

hope we don't dwell on this

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like having a flaming Bigot or 2 on the board.......it makes things more interesting. Makes things more like real life. Who honestly can't laugh at the things that a guy like that says every now and then???

Anyone who took pops' posts seriously is a damn fool. And anyone who needs only posters who are serious posters......well, you are too serious fer me then.

And that's all I have to say about that.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it just got to be TOO much, jjm..

hopefully ye don't leave because of poop's ban.. we can't afford to lose any quality posters here

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also say this........

As a Web Developer, if folks think that this site can turn into something bigger by removing posters like that........they're dead wrong.

This place needs a complete makeover. Both the design and functionality of this pigsty are well behind the times. Like I said one time before, this place is nothing more than an old bar that the regulars like to hang out at.......and it will be nothing more until the place is completely tore down and rebuilt.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when I say "behind the times" I mean we are living in 1999 here.....

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM's tantrum right on cue :dance:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hoosiers dropped to 8-2 all-time against the Cornhuskers with a 70-69 defeat in Lincoln on Jan. 18, 2012. That win over then-No. 11 Indiana is Nebraska's only victory in 12 games against ranked opponents since the start of last season.

The Huskers, who've lost 16 straight and 37 of 38 road matchups against Top-25 foes dating to 1999, haven't visited Bloomington since a 97-60 loss Dec. 21, 1974.

^^ means Huskerz fer Champz?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pops was banned for bringing zero relevant discussions to the board and being a flaming bigot that wouldn't let it go.

hope we don't dwell on this

I basically ignored him. He was harmless. I did not like the idea that the village idiot for the board comes from Nebraska.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM's tantrum right on cue :dance:

Let's face the music.........I mean, if we're gonna start kicking people out of here in hopes that this place is going to become a money-maker, then we better start talking reality....

Reality is, this site is nothing more than a downloaded vBulletin package that was uploaded to the server, and then had a skin slapped on it to give it a look. After that, some settings were tweaked in the Control Panel, and there we have it......SportsHoopla.

If we're gonna go to that next level, then we need a forum that doesn't look like a thousand other forums out there.......it just looks like a vBulletin forum, plain and simple. And that look won't bring this place to the next level because people associate it with being a nice forum, but not the "real deal."

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would literally take me 15 minutes worth of time to set up this same exact same site........minus the banners and the other little things that were added through the Control Panel over time.

Jest sayin.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would literally take me 15 minutes worth of time to set up this same exact same site........minus the banners and the other little things that were added through the Control Panel over time.

Jest sayin.

...and minus the quality posters and threads

The substance is not just the look and interface.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True true true...........

But the quality posters here are not going to draw mass amounts of outsiders in. It seems as though that is the goal, no?

Most folks swing by a site and if it doesn't look like the real deal from the outside then they aren't even gonna read any posts.......they'll just be on their way.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad thing, but as I've been taught and as I've seen, the most successful sites out there are the ones that make an impression instantly...........not the ones that make an impression over a long period of time.

That might not be the case with some of us here, but we're just a small sample size. Most people go by what they see right off the bat.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you advocating robustness?

Well, not really.......I shouldn't have said the site's functionality is behind the times because really everything functions how it should....

It's just that the site doesn't appear on a professional level to be what it seems we want it to be. This shit needs to look like a dream if we're going to start banning folks for simply not fitting a mold that we all of a sudden want here. Hell, we're cutting players like we're a class A school or somethin.......tryin' ta compete in the big leagues.....

I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again.....this place just reminds me of going down to the local bar and shootin' the shit. This place isn't the cot damn Roxbury en sech. Not yet anyways.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may look at it as a web designer while I look at it as a simple poster.

Kind of like bringing an interior designer in your house after you just redecorated. You're not gonna be happy.

And popeye was a good guy under all the bullshit but you got to admit there was an awful lot of bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.