• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Huskers Bullshit Thread-Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gots a question Ghost. is there a target date for the opening of SportsHoopla 2.0?

We were shooting for late August. However, with SportsHoopla now getting onto the first page of sports forums, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger so quickly. It takes a lot, A LOT, of work to rank on the first page for sports forums. Any major change to the website will erase the ranking for a period of time. Even then, there is no guarantee that we will be back up there.

Either way, there will be a phone app / mobile template, and other changes.

Not sure what to say about it all just yet.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nahh, I just selected the best games I thought people would be interested in.... but if it went board wide, this would change a bit I suspect. Also, I picked 11 games each week with 2 tie breakers... getting more that that got to be a chore for time... especially late games... but if it was computerized, the number of games each week could increase to 15 to 20 and not make a difference. Not sure what code would have to be written to do tie breakers... I suspect a > & < than set of codes could be used for points scored and total yards type of tie breaker.... I am not computer savvy.. So I don't know..

Not sure what system he has here JJM, but it would almost have to be on his server/system... unless you created a link that was always at the top of his page where people logged in.... but to make it proprietary for SportsHoopla, I would suspect he would want it inside his own system... Not sure if you could write the program for him and then he copies code over to his system or not?

Thanks BRS for the info. I was so new to the site. I was like a deer in the headlights

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were shooting for late August. However, with SportsHoopla now getting onto the first page of sports forums, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger so quickly. It takes a lot, A LOT, of work to rank on the first page for sports forums Any major change to the website will erase the for a period of time. Even then, there is no guarantee that we will be back up there.

Either way, there will be a phone app / mobile template, and other changes.

Not sure what to say about it all just yet.

Meh, if you are getting those types of results now... not sure I would be so quick to re-create a wheel that's not broken...

Your site is pretty easy to navigate and follow conversations... I would however... think you should auto delete post older than ?X? to save storage space... Not sure what this cost you in terms of $ or internet speed to keep on your server... and if it don't cost anything... meh...so be it!

Thanks Ghost :eyebrows: for considering a pick-em type setup... I think this would gather some interest... There were probably 20-25 of us just here on Husker board that played Rep Rewards (pick-em) the last few years... so if the whole board could get into it... I could see 100 + players to start...

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks BRS for the info. I was so new to the site. I was like a deer in the headlights

No worries... your welcome; I started out doing it just for a handful of people but then it got to be 20 - 25 people and charting each player and their wins/losses got to be a bit much with time...:ballchain:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldnt even imagine the time it took to do that.

and you were so quick to call the winner too.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello sirs....

Yes.. I used to run a pick em on the big xii board in hell....

It was a major pita... Took me about a hour every sunday morning.. and even then I still made mistakes on a regular basis.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty easy for me to code something that would just keep track for us.......

All that would have to be done is someone would have to pick the games each week that we would use........

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello sirs....

Yes.. I used to run a pick em on the big xii board in hell....

It was a major pita... Took me about a hour every sunday morning.. and even then I still made mistakes on a regular basis.

Yep, once it gets too big... takes a lot of time... let's hope Ghost can automate this for the entire board!!!

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illini 2 steal Chin :(

Not sure this is a done deal... but if it turns out that way... so be it.

Would like to have him recruit for us in the Chi area for a few years... but in the same token... I am in the wait and see mode here (round ball) anyways...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow talk about a loyal guy.

What a faggot.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes all our recruiting.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seriously is a big loss if he's gone............and I truly do mean that.

Losing Sanders from the football staff was big.............this loss would be even bigger. Chin was the only real reason all of these recruits were coming on campus at this point, and he was the only real reason that we stood a shot with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.