• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Huskers Bullshit Thread-Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all;

Husker time is near and my posting will be as time allows... Recon... if you are reading this.. are you going to do the rep rewards again this year... I will not have time? You did a solid job last year to finish out... at least I thought you did...

:clap2:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep rewards will be done. If recon can't or don't want to, ill handle it

But recon did do a swell job

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would help do rep rewards as well if it was needed.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1217, every time I see your avi I either want to neg you or report you to be banned for inappropriate avi. :tsk:

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a neat thing if ghost or JJM could make a program (inside link) for said contest and the whole board could get involved. Like a pic-em contest that was tracked from week to week. I am not sure how hard it would be to have the computer tally the winners week to week... I suspect people from other boards would come here to get involved as well.... if this is what ghost wanted to do. NO Million dollar winner, but put a trophy on the line (Sportshoopla CFB Pickem Champ 2012-2013).

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a neat thing if ghost or JJM could make a program (inside link) for said contest and the whole board could get involved. Like a pic-em contest that was tracked from week to week. I am not sure how hard it would be to have the computer tally the winners week to week... I suspect people from other boards would come here to get involved as well.... if this is what ghost wanted to do. NO Million dollar winner, but put a trophy on the line (Sportshoopla CFB Pickem Champ 2012-2013).

That would be so SWEET!

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be so SWEET!

I think there would be a lot of interest by most posters on the hoop... but if he was going to do this, he would need to get it set up soon. Have it auto recognize the username, take picks up to a set time of the week then chart each weeks results. It could be done and once it was done... just carry the tradition year to year and even use it in round ball season if he wanted to do so...

HEY GHOST!!!! ^^^^

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there would be a lot of interest by most posters on the hoop... but if he was going to do this, he would need to get it set up soon. Have it auto recognize the username, take picks up to a set time of the week then chart each weeks results. It could be done and once it was done... just carry the tradition year to year and even use it in round ball season if he wanted to do so...

HEY GHOST!!!! ^^^^

Have to have your pics in by Thursday at 5 pm. Didn't you guys do 10 to 15 picks per week? And two tie breakers?

Did you guys every asked for help on game picks? Don't remember if you did that.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could build something like that but it would have to be on a separate site where everyone would have to make an account. Mainly because I don't have access to Ghost's database so I can't grab usernames.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to have your pics in by Thursday at 5 pm. Didn't you guys do 10 to 15 picks per week? And two tie breakers?

Did you guys every asked for help on game picks? Don't remember if you did that.

Nahh, I just selected the best games I thought people would be interested in.... but if it went board wide, this would change a bit I suspect. Also, I picked 11 games each week with 2 tie breakers... getting more that that got to be a chore for time... especially late games... but if it was computerized, the number of games each week could increase to 15 to 20 and not make a difference. Not sure what code would have to be written to do tie breakers... I suspect a > & < than set of codes could be used for points scored and total yards type of tie breaker.... I am not computer savvy.. So I don't know..

I could build something like that but it would have to be on a separate site where everyone would have to make an account. Mainly because I don't have access to Ghost's database so I can't grab usernames.

Not sure what system he has here JJM, but it would almost have to be on his server/system... unless you created a link that was always at the top of his page where people logged in.... but to make it proprietary for SportsHoopla, I would suspect he would want it inside his own system... Not sure if you could write the program for him and then he copies code over to his system or not?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yahoo does that except 2 things

1) we have to log in to yahoo every week to pick
2) probably have to use yahoos games and not select our own

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo does that except 2 things

1) we have to log in to yahoo every week to pick
2) probably have to use yahoos games and not select our own

Yep; there are numerous outlets that do this... but to make something unique to SportsHoopla, we really would need is to be in house.

I think it would generate a fair amount of interest and cause some additional people to come to the hoop. Like I said, Ghost could create this template once and use it for all sports (ongoing). I think he would be pleased at the results it would bring. It's the initial time and energy/programming investment that would have to be dealt with... but after it was done... it would be really hands free and enjoyable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see what I can do. It's a lot of work, but there may already be a vBulletin add-on for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.