• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Eastern Conference Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley's winding career path gets a dose of stability

merry xmas turnup...a david alrdidge feature on the former #2 pick.

Beasley knew most of the blame was his, his lack of development over the years in Miami and Minnesota and Phoenix the result of too much partying and not enough studying, the damage to his reputation -- lowlighted by at least three arrests for marijuana possession since '08, driving violations, a $25 million lawsuit (since dismissed) for false imprisonment -- almost all at his own hand.

Beasley was, by all accounts, clean in Miami last year. But he still blew defensive assignments and lacked attention to detail, and the Heat didn't make any effort to bring him back. So it was back to China -- this time, to Shandong.

hmmmmm...wonder why he played overseas....its just a mystery to me...#2 overall pick , clearly talented...hmmm...MAYBE BEING AN NBA PLAYER HAS MORE TO DO WITH JUST TALENT! -- just a guess....

plenty of good stuff in the article about him too. check it out.

It makes you wonder...maybe finally the switch has clicked-- or maybe its just a matter of time before he gets comfortable and acts a fool again. Only time will tell.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmm...wonder why he played overseas....its just a mystery to me...#2 overall pick , clearly talented...hmmm...MAYBE BEING AN NBA PLAYER HAS MORE TO DO WITH JUST TALENT! -- just a guess....

Yeah! At least Beasley had a few decent seasons in the NBA.

It's not like they squandered the #1 pick on Anthony Bennett or something...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is going to go into emotional overload....hes gonna break. The physicality of the playoffs- if he gets a call or two going against him- they better have his designated babysitters nearby or i think it will get UGLY.

its just all sorts of pathetic that this guy needs designated babysitters at age 26 by the way. Humiliating.

Replace Whiteside with Lebron on the cavs and he becomes the best player on the team.

Of course by then you wouldn't be a cavs fan though.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace Whiteside with Lebron on the cavs and he becomes the best player on the team.

Of course by then you wouldn't be a cavs fan though.

ah, there IS something to be said of a fan sticking with his TEAM through thick and thin, but I won't waste anyone's time with it...

bandwagoners will always be out there I suppose...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we now ready to make the Whiteside will get suspended in the playoffs bet?
If not, then you should prob STFU with your hope.
If he wants to stay with the Heat, which I think he does, he won't fuck up.
If he does, they won't invest in him moving forward IMO.

I think Whiteside stays with the Heat but I hope the Lakers are able to get him.

That being said, he would probably have a better career in Miami.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do they go up when they odnt even have the cap room to bring this same team back next year?

Heat have one of the bigger projects this summer-- obviously Whiteside and Johnson are due for big raises. You cant pay everyone....Deng is a FA....its practically impossible to bring back all 3 and Wade...some very tough choices are going to have to be made....personally- id trade Dragic if you were able to and clear our room.

the fact is- the money dictates that the Heats roster will take a step back- whether that is a small step or a significant step we shall see- but what we do know is that unless something truly unforeseen happens- the Heat will have less talent next year than they do this year. Bosh is obviously a huge question- and really- it pretty much all comes down to him- if he is healthy enough to play- they can do some things- if he is not- they have a 25M dollar millstone tied around their neck dragging them down.

uh kayyy...

I kinda thought the Heat fans already answered this question when you asked them...?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, there IS something to be said of a fan sticking with his TEAM through thick and thin, but I won't waste anyone's time with it...

bandwagoners will always be out there I suppose...

Been here for almost two and a half years and not once did I notice wiggy was around till lebron came back. Then the loud-mouth in him came out!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been here for almost two and a half years and not once did I notice wiggy was around till lebron came back. Then the loud-mouth in him came out!

well all I can say is SOME folks wrap their self-esteem into this kind of thing. I ain't naming any names, though...:rolleyes2:

gotta have SOMETHING to make 'em feel like a winner...:lol:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another question @gordontrue .
Don't you think that if the Cavs did win, that it would open the door much wider for James to leave sooner than later?
His fake letter said his main objective was to bring a title to Cleveland.
He never mentioned more than 1 or finishing his carter there, plus he's already said he wants to play with his best friends.

Yes. Personally, I agree with that.

Many people seem to think that if the Cavs lose.... James' liklihood of leaving goes up... I think its the opposite. I doubt he would leave the offeason right after they win a title... but I think winning a title leaves the door wide open for James to leave whenever he wants. He would leave a hero and (largely) free of criticism.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Cavs core roster - safe to say that this statistic is boasted by Lebron. Because we damn sure know it's not Irving and Love.

Pretty much. JR has a good amount of playoffs experience but that's about it. I know Mo & RJ been to the playoffs quite a bit but they won't play much

Yeah, I'd say that's probably the case. As young as the Lakers are, they probably rank fairly high on the playoff experience list because of Kobe.

Yes, of course they are boosted by LeBron... about as much as the Heat are boosted by Wade.

LeBron accounts for about 25% of their playoff games. Wade accounts for 28% for the Heat.

Again... my point was never to show how amazingly experienced the Cavs are... rather, I was suggesting that the perception of how experienced the Heat are is a bit inflated. Since the perception of the Cavs experience is, imo, undersold... showing how comparable the two teams are was just a way to illustrate that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The full breakdown of the Cavs playoff games

6ut9sfl.png

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley's winding career path gets a dose of stability

merry xmas turnup...a david alrdidge feature on the former #2 pick.

Beasley knew most of the blame was his, his lack of development over the years in Miami and Minnesota and Phoenix the result of too much partying and not enough studying, the damage to his reputation -- lowlighted by at least three arrests for marijuana possession since '08, driving violations, a $25 million lawsuit (since dismissed) for false imprisonment -- almost all at his own hand.

Beasley was, by all accounts, clean in Miami last year. But he still blew defensive assignments and lacked attention to detail, and the Heat didn't make any effort to bring him back. So it was back to China -- this time, to Shandong.

plenty of good stuff in the article about him too. check it out.

It makes you wonder...maybe finally the switch has clicked-- or maybe its just a matter of time before he gets comfortable and acts a fool again. Only time will tell.

I saw the story yesterday.
My comments last night were part based on it.
As far as matter of time, that's your game with players you don't like.
There's no way to know. We will see.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, of course they are boosted by LeBron... about as much as the Heat are boosted by Wade.

LeBron accounts for about 25% of their playoff games. Wade accounts for 28% for the Heat.

Again... my point was never to show how amazingly experienced the Cavs are... rather, I was suggesting that the perception of how experienced the Heat are is a bit inflated. Since the perception of the Cavs experience is, imo, undersold... showing how comparable the two teams are was just a way to illustrate that.

Yes, Wade is the overall playoff games leader on the Heat (not going to factor UD in because he barely plays now). Let's take a look at the core of each roster and how many games they have together while taking Lebron and Wade out of the equation:

Heat:
Johnson 78
Deng 48
Dragic 16
Green 15
Stoudemire 69

I leave out the rookies and Whiteside, because they obviously don't have 1 playoff game under their belts. Also, I leave Bosh out because I seriously doubt he comes back for the playoffs.

Cavs:
Love 4
Irving 13
Thompson 20
Dellavadova 20
Frye 20
Jefferson 105
Mozgov 27

The Cavs are also bloated by playoff experience by Jefferson (who's a bench player and his minutes may/may not reduce further in the playoffs depending on Lue's rotation). No one is saying that the Cavs are void of any playoff experience - they certainly are not. But the reason why people bring up Miami, is because they certainly have quite a bit under their belts.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The full breakdown of the Cavs playoff games

View attachment 106453
I forgot about Shump in my previous post. Also, you might as well put James Jones as a bloated statistic as well. How many playoff games did he come in where he played like a minute or two? He likely won't even sniff the court come the playoffs and be regulated to cheer leading duty.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Shump in my previous post. Also, you might as well put James Jones as a bloated statistic as well. How many playoff games did he come in where he played like a minute or two? He likely won't even sniff the court come the playoffs and be regulated to cheer leading duty.

Yeah JJ and Haslem are in the same boat. Tons of experience but won't get many minutes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah JJ and Haslem are in the same boat. Tons of experience but won't get many minutes.
its just funny how there are BY FAR the most posts on the NBA portion of this site are against the Cavs--- love em or hate em- you gotta say that they are foremost in the minds of most basketball finds!!! Makes it a lot of fun.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just funny how there are BY FAR the most posts on the NBA portion of this site are against the Cavs--- love em or hate em- you gotta say that they are foremost in the minds of most basketball finds!!! Makes it a lot of fun.

Well, you do try to shove them down our collective throats on a regular basis.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well all I can say is SOME folks wrap their self-esteem into this kind of thing. I ain't naming any names, though...:rolleyes2:

gotta have SOMETHING to make 'em feel like a winner...:lol:

See, this is why I fancy you..

Truth.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

It's partly because of Lebron and partly because you are such a polarizing poster.

Most of the venom spewed at your Team is less about them and mostly in response to your bravado.

You rarely have anything to say about the Clippers, negative or positive.

So, it makes it easy for me to like you....lol

But, you have to admit that you bait both e the Heat and Lakers fanbases and you seem to enjoy the cyber-tussle.

Status
Not open for further replies.