• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Eastern Conference Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously are season turned for the better when we were able to survive that brutal Jan/Feb stretch, and especially with all the injuries.
We're certainly not the best team, but we might be most resilient.

The Heat are definitely not the best team, but they are a team that is experienced and have guys who know how to win. That can carry a team a long way in the playoffs. They're the proverbial "probably not good enough to make the finals, but not a team I'd want to have to go through to get to the finals" type team. If they somehow get Bosh back, they become even more dangerous. Although, that doesn't seem likely at this point.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil mama's allergies clear up?
Oh yea. I was borderline on taking her into the hospital when I finally bought the electric nasal aspirator. It worked after just a couple treatments and she's been clear ever since.

How about your daughter? Has she managed to find something to help?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs really played a good game tonight. They look primed and ready to go. Clearly this was their dress-rehearsal. Kyrie just took over that game offensively at one point. His game just plays very well in the playoffs.

And LeBron looks like a freaking manimal. He is going to be a force of nature unleashed on the rest of the playoffs. Honestly i have watched a LOT of LeBron in my career and I cant think of a time where I ahve seen him more focused- and more healthy.

these playoffs are gonna be a LOT of fun.

oh look. the Cavs are unstoppable again...:rolleyes2:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its good to see Kyrie going into the playoffs having a game like tonight...getting sharp- tying his season high in scoring....after last year- i gotta say- kinda bummed the most Kyrie got in a game is 35 points this year after putting up 55 and 57 last year....o well....

Kyrie really has worked on that mid-range pull up game....if you switch a pick and roll on him he is just going to shake any guys bigger than him and drill a 12 foot pull up.

The ball movement really looked good tonight. It really was a dress rehearsal. Id expect EVERYONE to sit against Detroit and be fresh going in.

How awesome is it these other teams are having to battle it out down to the last day? LeBron- has sat out a few games- and only had to play 32 tonight. a Very nice little advantage.

You think it's a big deal that the Cavs have 1 more potential day of rest then possibly a few other teams?
Every team gets a few days off.
It's really only meaningful if you're trying to heal injuries.
Young players want to play. It's not really the rest they need, it's just a way to prevent injuries.
Thunder has been locked in for a while yet Durant/Westbrook are still playing hard.
Warriors, wanted the record. Went at it hard in back to back road games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, more importantly, loser might have to play the Warriors.....yikes!

True, although getting to play the Spurs isn't exactly a grand prize to "win" in that scenario either.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are definitely not the best team, but they are a team that is experienced and have guys who know how to win.

I feel like this is being over-sold. Unless you're talking about the coaching staff / FO :noidea:. Most of Miami's championship players are gone.

They have Wade and Haslem that "know how to win". That's pretty much it. And Haslem is averaging 7 min/g in 36 games this season. Beyond that Deng, Joe Johnson, & Stoudemire all have solid playoff experience.

Some might be surprised to learn that Cleveland (who is often referred to on here as the inexperienced team) has more playoff games logged on roster than Miami by over 120. (665 - 540).

Even adding in Bosh's 89 games of playoff experience doesn't catch them up to the Cavs "inexperienced" roster.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to personally thank the Heat for destroying the Cavs a few weeks ago and waking up playoff LeBron.

LeBron since that game (10 games): 28.4 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 8.5 APG , 65% FG, 54% 3PT, 72% TS

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to personally thank the Heat for destroying the Cavs a few weeks ago and waking up playoff LeBron.

LeBron since that game (10 games): 28.4 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 8.5 APG , 65% FG, 54% 3PT, 72% TS
seriously? 65% from the field? LOL.....72% true shooting? That is simply not even fathomable

brace yourself for some fireworks this post season. I am telling you- we have not yet seen LeBron's legacy defining moment. If you watch I am certain you will see him do things that just simply have not been done before.

Its a bummer Mo is hurt- but for the most part the team is very very healthy- and LeBron has been able to rest, and so have Love and Irving here and there over the past few weeks. Basically no one is going to play vs. Detroit.

its just been a long wait for the postseason to start. Its supposed to be 70 and sunny by Sunday here too. Glad spring is on its way- and we have some great basketball watch. Should be fun....ESPECIALLY for us Cavs fans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? 65% from the field? LOL.....72% true shooting? That is simply not even fathomable

brace yourself for some fireworks this post season. I am telling you- we have not yet seen LeBron's legacy defining moment. If you watch I am certain you will see him do things that just simply have not been done before.

Its a bummer Mo is hurt- but for the most part the team is very very healthy- and LeBron has been able to rest, and so have Love and Irving here and there over the past few weeks. Basically no one is going to play vs. Detroit.

its just been a long wait for the postseason to start. Its supposed to be 70 and sunny by Sunday here too. Glad spring is on its way- and we have some great basketball watch. Should be fun....ESPECIALLY for us Cavs fans.

Lebron legacy defining moment happened 3 years ago actually.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is being over-sold. Unless you're talking about the coaching staff / FO :noidea:. Most of Miami's championship players are gone.

They have Wade and Haslem that "know how to win". That's pretty much it. And Haslem is averaging 7 min/g in 36 games this season. Beyond that Deng, Joe Johnson, & Stoudemire all have solid playoff experience.

Some might be surprised to learn that Cleveland (who is often referred to on here as the inexperienced team) has more playoff games logged on roster than Miami by over 120. (665 - 540).

Even adding in Bosh's 89 games of playoff experience doesn't catch them up to the Cavs "inexperienced" roster.

Looking at the Cavs core roster - safe to say that this statistic is boasted by Lebron. Because we damn sure know it's not Irving and Love.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Cavs core roster - safe to say that this statistic is boasted by Lebron. Because we damn sure know it's not Irving and Love.

Pretty much. JR has a good amount of playoffs experience but that's about it. I know Mo & RJ been to the playoffs quite a bit but they won't play much

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'd say that's probably the case. As young as the Lakers are, they probably rank fairly high on the playoff experience list because of Kobe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) Where did I say anything about the Cavs being inexperienced?

2.) As Heatles pointed out, Lebron likely skews the number.

They have coaches and a couple of players who have won championships and several with a fair amount of playoff experience. Thus, they know how to win and what the playoffs are about. That makes them a potentially dangerous team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's nothing funnier then a Cavs fan trying to tell Heat fans how good James can be.
Maybe you should consider that he played in Miami for his best, prime , peak years.
It wasn't that long ago and I'm sure you remember it well because you probably spent a lot of time and energy rooting against him.

And another question @gordontrue .
Don't you think that if the Cavs did win, that it would open the door much wider for James to leave sooner than later?
His fake letter said his main objective was to bring a title to Cleveland.
He never mentioned more than 1 or finishing his carter there, plus he's already said he wants to play with his best friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.