• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I never said you should change teams. I'm not stupid enough to think that the map should decide what teams someone likes. You seem to think I can't be a Dallas fan because I'm from NY. But you now say yourself it has nothing to do with Geography? So why the question in the first place?

You are a Detroit fan in Chi. and who lived closer to Chi than Det. Why the difference? I've been a Cowboy fan for 30 years, why the difference? I'm just trying to follow your...for lack of a better term "logic"...

Sorry just find it funny the yankee fan likes the yankees of the NFL. But understand, a yankee OR cowboy fan wont understand what im talking about.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George steinbrenner? Jerry jones? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Whew that party bus was a GREAT idea, thanks george"

-jerry jones

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry just find it funny the yankee fan likes the yankees of the NFL. But understand, a yankee OR cowboy fan wont understand what im talking about.

I understand what you are saying, I just know that it is a stupid argument that you weren't able to defend. I was 3 when I started liking the Yankees and around 6 when I started liking the cowboys. Wouldn't a bandwagon fan have switched to a different team during the lean years? You even said yourself geography doesn't matter.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good.

Water under the bridge.

It will go away even more quietly than the Arizona playoff season....

Oh yea, really quiet. You can't turn on the radio without hearing how Dallas got lucky. That was a less than intelligent comeback.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, really quiet. You can't turn on the radio without hearing how Dallas got lucky. That was a less than intelligent comeback.

I'm completely oblivious to tossed turds today. Couldn't care less if I tried.

I'm confident Dallas was coming back anyway.

This is much ado about nothing. The better team won and was going to.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i agree but to act like that play didnt help. Like tom jackson said, it was a HUGE call. If its called, and then the penalty on dez the ball wouldve been on or around the 15 i believe. Even a FG there is huge. If or when dallas scored a TD THEN det would of only needed a FG to win at the end instead of needing a TD. spin it how u want but that was a huge call. Thats why every radio and tv show are talking about it. On syrious radio last night all the hosts were saying how detroit got screwed.

Also i agree. Caldwell shouldnt had been a fuckin chump and went for it. If we were up 4 or more i say punt but only up 3? Go for it. Thats why coaches like belicheck win. They got balls

It was a big call, I just think it could have been called either way, the disgrace is how it was handled. But you can play what if on every play in every game. There's holding and PI that could literally be called on every play. And we don't know what would have happened if the PI stood. Dallas picked off the 1st pass of the 2nd half, looked like a TD and at the least a FG, but a Romo sack and a Kicker 10X better than Detroit's missed a 41 yarder. Maybe Detroit scores after the penalty, or maybe Stafford throws a pick 6, who knows, any team can score on any play in an NFL game. I give Garrett credit for the 4th and 6 call, that's playing to win

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i agree but to act like that play didnt help. Like tom jackson said, it was a HUGE call. If its called, and then the penalty on dez the ball wouldve been on or around the 15 i believe.

Cleaves, I would take you back to a UM-MSU game several years ago, where a Spartan defender tripped the Wolverine WR in the end zone on the final play of the game. Clear P.I. that wasn't called. Despite my die-hard loyalty to MSU, I admitted even then that MSU caught a huge break, and just said, "We'll take it."

Seems like CowboysFan refuses to go the "Bad call, but we'll take it" route on here, instead trying to point out a brief facemask (that occurred after a clear defensive hold) or argue that it was correct t pick up the flag -- despite the fact that 95% of the football world (including ex-NFL officials, Troy Aikman and a current Cowboys player) says the call was botched.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sort of reminds me of the Pat-Car game last year where Gronk got held by Kuechly, flag was dropped for interference, but picked up and nothing weas called, even though Gronk was clearly held.

No illegal contact called, no holding, no PI. And in the end zone.

On an almost for sure scoring play.

The world didn't stop then, not gonna stop now.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at ESPN. This is a major headline for them. This would be a non story if we are talking about the patriots, broncos or packers. I still want an apology from the nfl for allowing frank Reich to cross the line of scrimmage and throw a touchdown in the 93 superbowl. We also have 50 makeup calls due us for previous shitty calls. Dez is getting mugged all the time and there are no flags. Cry me a river lol

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 2 kinds of controversial calls in sports.

1) The calls comes in but the team that was adversely affected has more than enough time and opportunity to overcome the call.

2) The calls comes in at the end of the game and the refs basically hand the game to one team.

This was not the latter but so many are acting like it is.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you got knocked out of the playoffs.

:pound:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sort of reminds me of the Pat-Car game last year where Gronk got held by Kuechly, flag was dropped for interference, but picked up and nothing weas called, even though Gronk was clearly held.

No illegal contact called, no holding, no PI. And in the end zone.

On an almost for sure scoring play.

The world didn't stop then, not gonna stop now.
The losers will continue to whine but the winners will continue to win.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree: Dallas vs New England in Super Bowl.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I have no respect for the guy because of his penchant for trying to hurt his NFL brethren outside of the normal plays, but got to give him props in this case for his caring and passion for the game.