• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. If it was offensive PI then THAT should have been called.

To say this nullifies ANY call is pure homer BS.

According to the refs themselves it wasn't picked up because of the face mask. They appear to not have seen that at all. It was picked up because one ref thought it was face guarding. That is false as there was contact.

In a perfect world maybe you have a case for offensive PI, however that flag should NOT have been picked up based on the contact they DID see.

THAT is the end of story.

If you say so. They probably said "both sides were hand checking, no foul". Depending on where the penalty occurs, one official overrules others all the time. The only issue here was announcing it too soon. If Pete doesnt' do that, then everyone here is looking at a different play to bitch about :pound:

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the play itself, Dez running onto the field without a helmet should have resulted in a penalty. Would the penalty against him have resulted in a 1st down? I was busy and missed the game.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the media's job to question, but with refs almost never admitting when wrong and the union supporting every call by the refs, how are we fans supposed to really understand these calls or no calls?? I really wish they would just tell us how it SHOULD have been called just so we are not wasting our time in a pointless argument, especially for those of us who are not Cowboy or Lions fans...

They did that after the game.

The tittybabies ignored it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how what I said is crying.

I have never once said it robbed them of the game. Not once.

Lions had all kinds of chances of still holding their lead and failed to do so. The loss is on them.

THIS discussion is about the validity of how the refs handled that play. They clearly botched it and few disagree with that. The only argument is should there have been offensive PI or stayed with what they saw on the defensive PI. Announcing the penalty and THEN getting together and picking up the flag was poor handling.

Stop being such a defensive homer.

And everyone agrees it was poor handling. The bitches among us are trying to point to that as the sole reason Dallas won, and they are the ones getting laughed at.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It humorous to see anti-Dallas fans clinging to one penalty as if it were the only bad call in the game.

Dallas got screwed by penalties as well. What did we do about it? Won the game. We had a first down play reversed on a BS interference play where Williams was called for a screen. What did we do on the next play? 70+ yard TD to Williams.

Children cry, big boys move on and win.

It is pretty hysterical. There was a holding call on Witten that brought back a TD and running into the punter call that was very questionable. If the Cowboys had lost and then whined about those calls, there would have been crickets. The PI call went Dallas' way, but when it happened, the Lions had the lead and the ball. As you said, move on and win

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It humorous to see anti-Dallas fans clinging to one penalty as if it were the only bad call in the game.

Dallas got screwed by penalties as well. What did we do about it? Won the game. We had a first down play reversed on a BS interference play where Williams was called for a screen. What did we do on the next play? 70+ yard TD to Williams.

Children cry, big boys move on and win.

I gave credit where it is due, Dallas did a good job in the 2nd half and took that game away from Det.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave credit where it is due, Dallas did a good job in the 2nd half and took that game away from Det.

I know, and I am trying not to paint everyone with a wide brush. There are only a select few who fall into the crybaby category, who just can't handle Dallas winning and need to rationalize it.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't subscibe to any conspiracy or "payola" theories. The call was made and announced, then reversed without there being a conference of officials and without explanation. Hitchens also grabbed Pettigrew's jersey earlier in the play, so at worst it's offsetting penalties. The "kicker" should have been Dez Bryant running on the field with no helmet on to argue the call. In my recollection that has always been an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That puts the ball at the Dallas 35, first and ten Detroit.

Agree that the blown call(s) do not excuse the Lions overall poor play in the second half.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't subscibe to any conspiracy or "payola" theories. The call was made and announced, then reversed without there being a conference of officials and without explanation. Hitchens also grabbed Pettigrew's jersey earlier in the play, so at worst it's offsetting penalties. The "kicker" should have been Dez Bryant running on the field with no helmet on to argue the call. In my recollection that has always been an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That puts the ball at the Dallas 35, first and ten Detroit.

Agree that the blown call(s) do not excuse the Lions overall poor play in the second half.

I can cite two cases, in fact already have, where that wasn't flagged but fined this season. Could have been? Sure. Should have been? Sure. A conspiracy or unfathomable? Not in any way.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was defensive holding prior to the facemask or Hitchens contact with Pettigrew with the ball in air. Hitchens got a handful of jersey

This exactly the first penalty on the play and the pay should have been over at this time when the Dallas guy had the Lions receiver's jersey in his hand. First down Lions and they are now in field goal range. Then another 15 should have been added for after the play with Bryant out on the field without a helmet on. All the refs should have pulled the flag on that one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT sickens me that most Dallas fan's just don't care to see the truth regardless .. Even in victory you can admit the call was bad... Detroit got @#$^ over ... If the role was reversed Dallas fans would be on here LIVID about what just happened... Especially if Detroit got bailed out TWICE on PI call's there last drive to win the game... GTFO...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are thinking way to deep on this. I just enjoy watching your team lose. It is nothing more than that.

Thank you for admitting that. The I'm just a fan of the game type posts and would be just as angry if it happened the other way around from some others are kind of silly.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT sickens me that most Dallas fan's just don't care to see the truth regardless .. Even in victory you can admit the call was bad... Detroit got @#$^ over ... If the role was reversed Dallas fans would be on here LIVID about what just happened... Especially if Detroit got bailed out TWICE on PI call's there last drive to win the game... GTFO...
Who got two PI's on their last drive.

The truth has been seen. It was a cluster of a call. But it wasn't the reason they lost.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There definitely was pass interference there"......

That has to be the most bogus call I have seen since the Seattle win over GB a few years ago".......

Just plain downright horrible.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the play itself, Dez running onto the field without a helmet should have resulted in a penalty. Would the penalty against him have resulted in a 1st down? I was busy and missed the game.

Yes. A 15 yard dead ball foul, regardless of whatever else was called.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who got two PI's on their last drive

Illegal contact 2 times gave Dallas first downs.... defensive holding, illegal contact, PI ... It's all the same thing, Auto 1st down... Dallas was assisted on that last drive... It's ok to admit it ...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illegal contact 2 times gave Dallas first downs.... defensive holding, illegal contact, PI ... It's all the same thing, Auto 1st down... Dallas was assisted on that last drive... It's ok to admit it ...

Not the same thing at all, but carry on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. You have to get your head around and play the ball - not the man. If it were allowed we'd see it every week from every team. They don't call it face guarding in the NFL - they just call it DPI.

You got away with one and it won you the game.

I hope Green Bay gets the same calls you did.

Let me first say what I've said over and over, but know my comment will be misread if I don't say it again. It was PI IMO. It wasn't as blatant as it is being made out to be because of the way it was handled, but it was PI.

On to your comment. No, face guarding is not illegal. It is only PI when it is in conjunction with contact against the receiver. BUT,,,technically the contact with the receiver is PI on it's own anyway, so the face guarding is mostly irrelevant according to the rule book. The big difference is that when PI is done in conjunction with face guarding, it makes it more obvious and thus more likely to be called and also doesn't NORMALLY give the defender the benefit of incidental contact.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And everyone agrees it was poor handling. The bitches among us are trying to point to that as the sole reason Dallas won, and they are the ones getting laughed at.

Who has done that Fordman ? It isn't even the call itself most of us are upset about. It's the reversal and the way that it was handled.