• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that nobody not sporting a star and a cowboy hat agrees with you, right ? At best it should have been offsetting... facemask <> D PI and D holding. I like how you guys all dismiss the fact that he was hanging onto Pettigrew's jersey before the ball got there.

I was wrong. There also should have been a dead ball foul unsportsmanlike for Dez running onto the field and getting in the ref's face. So if they'd called everything it's offsetting, then a 15 yarder against Dez for the dead ball foul and a 1st down.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that he knew it wouldn't be popular with some of his constituents. He might figure that most voters leave their NFL fanhood at the door when voting.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Shehawks fans are livid about this play for some reason. It means they get a cakewalk in Carolina.

They finally won a lombardi, you think that would be enough for them to get their panties unbundled.
They hate the Cowboys because of the way Dallas steamrolled them earlier this season.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong. There also should have been a dead ball foul unsportsmanlike for Dez running onto the field and getting in the ref's face. So if they'd called everything it's offsetting, then a 15 yarder against Dez for the dead ball foul and a 1st down.
Maybe you should just admit your team lost and get over it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he flaunting?

Being a fan of a team that is hated by the vast majority of New Jersey residents.

Mike Bloomberg is a Red Sox fan and he admitted it but he never made it a public thing. He never sat in John Henry's luxury box.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're offended that he isn't a fan of the teams that play in his state, but don't respect his state enough to associate its name with their teams? Ok.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettigrew initiated contact.

End of story.
No, it's not. If it was offensive PI then THAT should have been called.

To say this nullifies ANY call is pure homer BS.

According to the refs themselves it wasn't picked up because of the face mask. They appear to not have seen that at all. It was picked up because one ref thought it was face guarding. That is false as there was contact.

In a perfect world maybe you have a case for offensive PI, however that flag should NOT have been picked up based on the contact they DID see.

THAT is the end of story.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a fan of a team that is hated by the vast majority of New Jersey residents.

Mike Bloomberg is a Red Sox fan and he admitted it but he never made it a public thing. He never sat in John Henry's luxury box.
It's only a football game. What's the big deal?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will hate it but that's kind of what I like about Chris Christie. He could hide this fact but instead he completely owns it, hate it or love it. I enjoy that honesty.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but why can't politicians be fans?

Of course they can be fans. But why is Chris Christie in Jerry Jones' luxury box? Because he was elected to be governor of New Jersey and became a national figure.

To be clear, this isn't a big deal to me since I'm Seahawk fan. But EVERY Giant fan I talk to, Democrat or Republican, is angry at him. I daresay Jersey Eagle fans feel about the same.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they can be fans. But why is Chris Christie in Jerry Jones' luxury box? Because he was elected to be governor of New Jersey and became a national figure.

To be clear, this isn't a big deal to me since I'm Seahawk fan. But EVERY Giant fan I talk to, Democrat or Republican, is angry at him. I daresay Jersey Eagle fans feel about the same.

I certainly think it would go better for him if he wasn't showing off his fandom to the arch rival of his constituents, haha.

It would be like the governor of Ohio donning his maize & blue every saturday. People wouldn't be too happy with him...probably would get impeached for that offense!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. If it was offensive PI then THAT should have been called.

To say this nullifies ANY call is pure homer BS.

According to the refs themselves it wasn't picked up because of the face mask. They appear to not have seen that at all. It was picked up because one ref thought it was face guarding. That is false as there was contact.

In a perfect world maybe you have a case for offensive PI, however that flag should NOT have been picked up based on the contact they DID see.

THAT is the end of story.

The final call was no call. The Cowboys beat the Lions fair and square. Cry all you want. That's the end of story

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly think it would go better for him if he wasn't showing off his fandom to the arch rival of his constituents, haha.

It would be like the governor of Ohio donning his maize & blue every saturday. People wouldn't be too happy with him...probably would get impeached for that offense!

The Gov of Ohio in the Rooney's luxury box in Pitt would probably lead to an assasination attempt.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final call was no call. The Cowboys beat the Lions fair and square. Cry all you want. That's the end of story

Not sure criticizing the refs on a call they clearly botched qualifies as "crying". :noidea:

Kudos to Dallas though, they played really well in the 2nd half, especially defensively. They won the game.