• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man I hate that as a Dallas fan.

I also hate how I can't rub my eyes with my right hand because every finger has a damn superbowl ring on it. Glad you guys still have 4 free fingers :suds:

You guys haven't started on the other hand yet? What's the hold up? :pound:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the furthest thing from a Cowboy faithful.

Pettigrew initiated contact by grabbing the face mask. That is not hand checking.
Defender swiped Pettigrew's hand away and his follow through hit Pettigrew's shoulder.

These two incidents should have resulted in two flags or no flags.

The holding prior to the pass happens way too much and is rarely called unless the route is impeded, which it wasn't.

The flag being picked up is wrong, but the three wrongs before that made it doable.

Like many have said, the crew should have discussed the play before announcing the penalty.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be honest, Pettigrew would have dropped it anyway!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the furthest thing from a Cowboy faithful.

Pettigrew initiated contact by grabbing the face mask. That is not hand checking.
Defender swiped Pettigrew's hand away and his follow through hit Pettigrew's shoulder.

These two incidents should have resulted in two flags or no flags.

The holding prior to the pass happens way too much and is rarely called unless the route is impeded, which it wasn't.

The flag being picked up is wrong, but the three wrongs before that made it doable.

Like many have said, the crew should have discussed the play before announcing the penalty.

The holding prior to the pass, though apparently rarely called, is still a penalty and should have been called. Easy to miss since it happened so quick tho.

Whether it was offsetting or not, the flag should have not been picked up. I'm completely neutral watching this too, don't care one way or another how it shook out.

Additionally, Dez on the field yelling at the ref should have been a flag too.

Dallas lucked out on that play. It's not the reason they won the game, but it certainly helped.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this from both sides when you look at different angles. My question is why the flag was picked up. Couldn't they have said both players imitated pass interference, therefore off-setting the play?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have gotten pretty lucky all year with calls. They missed a game-winning FG earlier in the year, and got a second chance at it, with no time on the clock, because of a penalty THEY FUCKING COMMITTED!!!???

They almost got lucky again with that dumb rookie trying to be Deion Sanders there at the end.

Call coulda gone either way, it just seems more egregious cuz of they way they handled it.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this from both sides when you look at different angles. My question is why the flag was picked up. Couldn't they have said both players imitated pass interference, therefore off-setting the play?

Thats the million dollar question. There were infractions all over the place on that play and by picking up the flag the refs were just saying there were no penalize-able infractions? It was pretty odd.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to tell you this but faceguarding is only DPI in college football. It is allowed in pro football.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to tell you this but faceguarding is only DPI in college football. It is allowed in pro football.

If there's no contact. There was plenty of contact.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it's not. You have to get your head around and play the ball - not the man. If it were allowed we'd see it every week from every team. They don't call it face guarding in the NFL - they just call it DPI.

You got away with one and it won you the game.

I hope Green Bay gets the same calls you did.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christie is an idiot. I am not a fan of any of the local teams but most of my friends are Giant fans. It's one thing to be a Cowboy fan. It's another thing to be sitting in Jerry Jones' luxury box and flaunting it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the 2nd lions TD was the result of a running into the kicker penalty by the Cowboys.

That call was complete horseshit. The punter was never run into. The punter just let his foot "land" on the Cowboys player and takes the best dive he can muster.

What the hell were you looking at ? The Cowboy defender rolled into his extended plant leg after he landed which buckled. Then he fell on the defender. That wasn't even controversial. It was plain as day and could have even been called roughing because he rolled into his plant leg. I gotta say that, aside from obvious trolls, you post some of the most boneheaded analysis on the board.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christie is an idiot. I am not a fan of any of the local teams but most of my friends are Giant fans. It's one thing to be a Cowboy fan. It's another thing to be sitting in Jerry Jones' luxury box and flaunting it.

Eh, if I had the ability to be in a luxury box for free to watch my favorite team, I'd be there in a heart beat and as often as I could.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable.

You didn't finish your sentence on the OP, let me do it for you.

"Refs made the right call, in the eyes of Cowboy fans".

The Cowboy in question was face guarding him - and that's DPI. He wasn't looking back for the ball - as a matter of fact, he had his whole body turned away from it.

It's not OPI if the defender is facing away from the ball as the defender isn't trying to play the ball. Get it?

It was DPI and was announced that way - but the 'Boys complained and Jerry bought a few refs that game so it got picked up.

I hate Dallas more than Detroit, but I still feel the right call was made. If they did not call offensive face mask, then they had to let the defensive pass interference slide as well. You can in fact faceguard in the NFL without committing pass interference as long as contact is not made.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call was correct but how they got to it was poor. Move on!!!

You realize that nobody not sporting a star and a cowboy hat agrees with you, right ? At best it should have been offsetting... facemask <> D PI and D holding. I like how you guys all dismiss the fact that he was hanging onto Pettigrew's jersey before the ball got there.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, if I had the ability to be in a luxury box for free to watch my favorite team, I'd be there in a heart beat and as often as I could.

You aren't a high visibility politician.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he flaunting?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: