• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack thread

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just had a bowl of Blue Bell pecan pralines and creme

husker_grl

likes members
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
umm.. some spaghetti tonight with the best breadsticks the world has ever seen.. :D maybe. if i dont burn them...

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aww thanks! its a nice break from ramen noodles :( :D

but i had some papa johns for the first time last weekend.. and it rocked my world! now i want pizza....:rolleyes:

omgg papa johns comes with bangin freakin garlic sauce

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aww thanks! its a nice break from ramen noodles :( :D

but i had some papa johns for the first time last weekend.. and it rocked my world! now i want pizza....:rolleyes:

uuuum what happened to Irule rookin your world ?? j/k

where is that rascal any how

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Papa John showin' off his pepperoni again?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omgg papa johns comes with bangin freakin garlic sauce

that garlic is the only reason I would get Papa John's (except when I knew people that would bring it for free). Domino's just redid their pizza; it's actually really good now. Maybe better than pizza hut

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that garlic is the only reason I would get Papa John's (except when I knew people that would bring it for free). Domino's just redid their pizza; it's actually really good now. Maybe better than pizza hut

mmm pizza hut..

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm going to hold you to this promise --last summer didn't happen :(
we'll meet and you can meet the family ---mabey have a beer or nine :)

Popeye, I planted more sweet corn today and I will plant some again after wheat harvest in the stubble. We should be good for all summer. The corn planted after wheat harvest is great because it is ready just in time for football season.

Now to grill a steak for supper.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popeye, I planted more sweet corn today and I will plant some again after wheat harvest in the stubble. We should be good for all summer. The corn planted after wheat harvest is great because it is ready just in time for football season.

did you send Kent B a pic of a tom --for the sunday night NTV news last nite ?

I will be waiting fer that corn come this July though

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 1lb of ground beef thawed out for a meatloaf but Landon changed my mind into walleye. Fish thaws quick in water so no big deal.

Anyway I've got to do something with the ground beef so I'll make the meatloaf anyway for sandwiches or reheating later.

Here's my quick meatloaf recipe with ingredients most people have on hand.

1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cracker crumbs (crush in a zip-lock baggie is easiest)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (you can also use the dried minced type so 1/3rd cup)
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg, beaten

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl (get your hands dirty), form into a loaf (or use a loaf pan), line a cookie sheet with foil. Bake at 350* for 1 hour.

If you have them on hand you could also put in some chopped green pepper, 1/8th tsp of garlic powder, or anything else that suits your fancy (it's a fucking meatloaf).
I also squirt some ketsup over the top and brush it around to coat with my fingers.

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

McBride, do you plant Silver Queen? That's a big hit with my bunch. We make succatosh, veggie soup, creamed corn, (of course), etc --can and freeze, fill the cupboards and freezers. Good stuff. (messy, but worth it)

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ate a bag of Ruffles. They had rrrridges.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many in Nebraska prefer "peaches and Cream" or other varieties of "bi-color" corn.

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Red Alert, sounds and looks like a great plan. Nice to see recipes here. I would suggest to try a can of diced tomatoes w/chilles in your meatloaf. (partially drained perhaps?) Makes it extremely moist and you have your peppers. Of course you may wanna use more meat as you "dirty up your hands" to compensate accordingly. You can still use ketchup or any mixture of sauce on top. I like using onion garlic flakes, worsteshire, A1, etc as well. (switch it up) As you say, it's meatloaf. :)

I just had some fresh watermellon. Yummz. ;)

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Alert, sounds and looks like a great plan. Nice to see recipes here. I would suggest to try a can of diced tomatoes w/chilles in your meatloaf. (partially drained perhaps?) Makes it extremely moist and you have your peppers. Of course you may wanna use more meat as you "dirty up your hands" to compensate accordingly. You can still use ketchup or any mixture of sauce on top. I like using onion garlic flakes, worsteshire, A1, etc as well. (switch it up) As you say, it's meatloaf. :)

I just had some fresh watermellon. Yummz. ;)

Your thoughts sound good HTM.

I put up a 'basic recipe' with ingredients that most people have "readily available". Cooking scares some people until they figure out how simple some things can be, or they think they have to go to the grocery store when they've already got what it takes on hand. :)