• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon dude. You can't defend something that has happened 3 times. Had in the fact that he just carries himself like a Dbag and the way McCaffery all out avoids it and you know it isn't a result of "super unathletic coordination"

Plus, you really think it takes athleticism to poke someone in the eye? You realize the running joke when training someone pussy to fight some big guy is to go for the 2 finger eye poke LOL.

With proper training, these eye pokes could have been avoided.

Attachments

• the-three-stooges.jpg
    the-three-stooges.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 45

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give John Groce his due. Illinois has zero big guys who can play offense worth a damn, but you plug in Egwu on defense and somehow their guards are good enough. They have no business being 7-5 in the B1G, but there they are.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon dude. You can't defend something that has happened 3 times. Had in the fact that he just carries himself like a Dbag and the way McCaffery all out avoids it and you know it isn't a result of "super unathletic coordination"

Plus, you really think it takes athleticism to poke someone in the eye? You realize the running joke when training someone pussy to fight some big guy is to go for the 2 finger eye poke LOL.

Yes I am defending him. He's slow, he reaches and since he's so tall his hands hit dudes in the face. It's clearly not intentional and the fact it happened 3 times in a short span is bad luck but that's all. If it was a routine thong it wouldn't have taken til 20 games in to his junior year to happen. An iowa guy got hit in the eye tonight, if the same gopher hits a guy on the eye the next game it won't be on purpose either. This gets play because Dan Dakich is a moron and called Woodbury dirty, he's not. Period. Sorry to kill a made up story but that's all it is, made up. Congrats on the minny win though. One step closer to a bid to the dance

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I am defending him. He's slow, he reaches and since he's so tall his hands hit dudes in the face. It's clearly not intentional and the fact it happened 3 times in a short span is bad luck but that's all. If it was a routine thong it wouldn't have taken til 20 games in to his junior year to happen. An iowa guy got hit in the eye tonight, if the same gopher hits a guy on the eye the next game it won't be on purpose either. This gets play because Dan Dakich is a moron and called Woodbury dirty, he's not. Period. Sorry to kill a made up story but that's all it is, made up. Congrats on the minny win though. One step closer to a bid to the dance

Come on man Woodbury is a fucking clown. The two against Wisconsin seemed pretty intentional to me:

Will Iowa's Adam Woodbury be penalized for eye pokes? | The Dagger - Yahoo Sports

Also, your coach hasn't handled the situation any better. But what do you expect with a guy with such a short fuse. :noidea:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man Woodbury is a fucking clown. The two against Wisconsin seemed pretty intentional to me:

Will Iowa's Adam Woodbury be penalized for eye pokes? | The Dagger - Yahoo Sports

Also, your coach hasn't handled the situation any better. But what do you expect with a guy with such a short fuse. :noidea:

Nope they werent. Actually the first one against the badgers was Hayes fault as Woodbury didn't even move his hand. Hayes head faked right into it. The one against frank is the only one of the 3 that looked like it could have been intentional but guys don't just wait 2 plus years and then start being dirty. Doesn't gappen. Ever. I know people like dirty stories but this isn't a real thing. Sorry

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to fran I love the way he's handled this. It's a bs story and deserves to be treated as such. Guys get hit in the eye all the time. This is only a story because Dakich was trying to make a blowout wisconsin win interesting by creating a story out of a non story.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope they werent. Actually the first one against the badgers was Hayes fault as Woodbury didn't even move his hand. Hayes head faked right into it. The one against frank is the only one of the 3 that looked like it could have been intentional but guys don't just wait 2 plus years and then start being dirty. Doesn't gappen. Ever. I know people like dirty stories but this isn't a real thing. Sorry

And as for holding down players' hands on jump balls and grabbing at our players' hair? Was that a mistake too?

The last one may have been a mistake because I doubt he would be that brazen as to do it after all the attention, but his actions against us were purposeful and dirty. You can't tell me he made 5 dirty plays in a game by accident. If it wasn't intentional, he as drunk and/or high.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woodbury has always conducted himself like a douche on the court. All this does is reinforce it for me. We'll have to disagree on this one.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on, man. I think you're usually one of the more objective people on this board, but you're really reaching here. The Hayes one I could be convinced was accidental. The one with Frank, he literally put his hand on Frank's head, petted him, and then poked him. If he didn't mean for his long, gangly arms to be there, he had plenty of time to pull them back.

And on top of that, he threw two elbows in the second half against us. There is no way all of that happened by accident.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG10 definitely has the worst home court officiating that I have seen.

Mostly watch Big East, Big 10, ACC and Big12. Of those 4 the Big10 is almost comical.

It's pretty terrible, but at least it's pretty even across the board.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to fran I love the way he's handled this. It's a bs story and deserves to be treated as such. Guys get hit in the eye all the time. This is only a story because Dakich was trying to make a blowout wisconsin win interesting by creating a story out of a non story.

But Woodbury's been a dirty player for years, it's not like it's coming out of the blue.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan Basketball 2014-15: "Our bench can force OT, then we'll just walk off the floor."

Michigan must be leading the nation in missed lay-ups and OT losses. Is .500 just too much to ask for in either category? Shooting and rebounding remain horrible, can't find any consistency at any position, Kam Chatman looks like a bust (too soon to write him off, I'm just frustrated with this mess).

NIT is doubtful without an upset or two.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Woodbury's been a dirty player for years, it's not like it's coming out of the blue.

I'm sorry I just don't agree. I can be objective and having watched him play 100 or so games I don't think he is dirty. He's slow so he reaches, he can't jump so he slaps. It's really that simple. If you guys want to consider it intentional then that's your opinion. I just don't think it was and frankly if you watch the video there is only 1 of the 3 that could even be seen that way in any world and that's the one on Frank. Nigels was a play where Woodbury didn't even move his hand and melos was a guard driving the lane and a big guy slapping down. If you want to bang on Woodbury for holding, grabbing etc that's fine and surely a function of his inability to move and jump like other b10 big guys but none of that is any different than plenty of other guys over the years.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give John Groce his due. Illinois has zero big guys who can play offense worth a damn, but you plug in Egwu on defense and somehow their guards are good enough. They have no business being 7-5 in the B1G, but there they are.

Absoltely zero post game. They feed it to Egwu here and there but he's got no real go-to post move. Freshman Leron Black has been starting at the 4 and he's got a lot of athleticism but no real post moves. But the Illini were playing the best D I've seen all year last night.

Hill and Nunn are beasts and I hope RR can figure out how to blend in because we've been winning without him. This team has a bright future, but we need more post play to go far.

Makes you wonder how good that Simeon high school team was with Jabari Parker, Nunn, and Tate. 4 straight state titles. :clap:

Looking forward to Wiscy on Sunday. Hopefully we can stay in the game and keep it close, maybe have a shot at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan Basketball 2014-15: "Our bench can force OT, then we'll just walk off the floor."

Michigan must be leading the nation in missed lay-ups and OT losses. Is .500 just too much to ask for in either category? Shooting and rebounding remain horrible, can't find any consistency at any position, Kam Chatman looks like a bust (too soon to write him off, I'm just frustrated with this mess).

NIT is doubtful without an upset or two.

Dude I feel your pain. Both my teams Marquette and Gophers just lose close game after close game. Gophers are frustrating as hell because they actually have the talent and experience to win these games but choked.

MU and Michigan are so much alike. Both have the ability to hang around with anyone in their respective leagues(except Nova for us) but simply don't have the horses to close the games out. I think Belein himself said almost the same thing. Sucks but I guess these years happen.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absoltely zero post game. They feed it to Egwu here and there but he's got no real go-to post move. Freshman Leron Black has been starting at the 4 and he's got a lot of athleticism but no real post moves. But the Illini were playing the best D I've seen all year last night.

Hill and Nunn are beasts and I hope RR can figure out how to blend in because we've been winning without him. This team has a bright future, but we need more post play to go far.

Makes you wonder how good that Simeon high school team was with Jabari Parker, Nunn, and Tate. 4 straight state titles. :clap:

Looking forward to Wiscy on Sunday. Hopefully we can stay in the game and keep it close, maybe have a shot at the end.

Steve Taylor as well. Knee injuries have derailed his career at Marquette but in high school he still had his explosiveness. That Simeon squad was absolutely stacked.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty terrible, but at least it's pretty even across the board.

O no doubt about it. You get 9 games of awesome officiating and 9 games of shit.

I was just pointing it out that it's outrageous in the BIG10.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you say that mr. Hockey.

Illini @ Michigan st last weekend were some of the biggest homer refs I've ever seen. They called a flagrant foul on IL for blocking out the free throw shooter. He put his ass into him and it was 2 shots and the ball with like 1:30 left in the game. Sparty missed them both thank God.

It's awful. Homer refs way too involved in the game.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Taylor as well. Knee injuries have derailed his career at Marquette but in high school he still had his explosiveness. That Simeon squad was absolutely stacked.

Don't forget Kendall Pollard, who is the third best player on Dayton this year. Although, truth be told, it pisses me off that Illinois high school B-Ball is now dominated by these Chicago superteams. They've won eight of the last nine titles, and it really takes a down year for anybody else to have a chance. A school with a population base of 50,000 can't compete with a school that can pick and choose the best from an area of 3 million.

If Stevenson doesn't win it this year, I don't know how any public, non-magnet school could give a shit about the state title.