• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 on the Badgers, who shot 23 threes compared to IU's 14. IU drove and there was a number of no calls that went in Wisky's favor, especially when Gordon got grabbed and thrown out of rebounding position, which gave Wisconsin a second opportunity to tie the game at the last second.

The amount of times that Hoosiers grabbed Badgers' jerseys and visibly pulled them on rebounds without a call was the most of any game I can remember. The refs were hesitant all night, and the hesitancy favored the team that committed more fouls (which, despite what the official numbers say, was the Hoosiers) and the home team.

Like I said yesterday, it's not a big deal. There's an unwritten rule among B1G refs that you favor the home team. And if I consider us robbed yesterday, than i'd have to go back and give several close wins in the Kohl Center to opponents. It evens itself out. It is just frustrating to see an undefeated record end that way.

Meanwhile, you guys are looking much more likely to avoid the stress of the bubble, so congrats on that. Your fans are great even if your coach is a rat.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's just based on the fact that they haven't looked very good against the better teams that they have played. Stop one guy (yogi) and they shouldn't be able to beat you. So why would a good coach like Bo allow Yogi to take over in the second half like that? I am surprised at the game plan (unless of course it was the plan and yogi was just better...)

Not sure.. but sometimes I guess there's no answer for someone who's playing ball like that. Anything can happen in this game. One player gets hot while the other team can't figure it out.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:

@ Wisconsin? kohl's never easy/Bucky'll be looking for redemption/Bo's pissed/blah blah...but...Beilein's coach enough to direct a driving strategy that capitalizes on Wisky's porous frontcourt; and, the skunkbears CAN (unlike IU) drain treys all night. Obvious edge to Wisconsin, but...

vs Iowa? Interestingly enough, I think the game Wolvie is LEAST likely to win will be hosting Iowa next Wednesday. (especially if them Hawkeye sumbitches put Minny down on Sunday :nod:...they'll be rolling!)

@ MSU? Perpetually sick-n-injured Sparty has 3 games (@NW, @ILL and vs IU) before MICH comes to EL next Saturday. Wolvie might well benefit by MSU's ongoing roster problems.

haha never heard that one before, that's quite good.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights games:

Mich St @ NW This is an easy win for Sparty. No more to say.

Purdue @ Illinois Last week I would have said this was a sure thing for Illinois, but after getting blown out by Bucky and then losing to NW, who knows what team shows up. This could go either way IMO.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights games:

Mich St @ NW This is an easy win for Sparty. No more to say.

Purdue @ Illinois Last week I would have said this was a sure thing for Illinois, but after getting blown out by Bucky and then losing to NW, who knows what team shows up. This could go either way IMO.

IMO these are your winners.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but I think pu actually has a decent team this year, I think they'll take the Illini out tonight.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but I think pu actually has a decent team this year, I think they'll take the Illini out tonight.

i didn't get to see the Purdue Ohio State game, but was surprised they kept it very close. They are one of the few major conference teams that I have yet to see play this year

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as opposed to losing a perfectly-officiated game...

by double digits - which also could have/might have happened too...which could have/might have been much more frustrating yet, eh?

It is just frustrating to see an undefeated record end that way.

plenty of frustration to go around this season...count your blessings.

:suds:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it "fits" in so many trashtalky ways...

haha never heard that one before, that's quite good.

1. It's a bona-fide 'other name' for Wolverine
2. Not necessarily derogatory...unless
3. You're a skunk or a bear.

:whistle:

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of times that Hoosiers grabbed Badgers' jerseys and visibly pulled them on rebounds without a call was the most of any game I can remember. The refs were hesitant all night, and the hesitancy favored the team that committed more fouls (which, despite what the official numbers say, was the Hoosiers) and the home team.

Like I said yesterday, it's not a big deal. There's an unwritten rule among B1G refs that you favor the home team. And if I consider us robbed yesterday, than i'd have to go back and give several close wins in the Kohl Center to opponents. It evens itself out. It is just frustrating to see an undefeated record end that way.

Meanwhile, you guys are looking much more likely to avoid the stress of the bubble, so congrats on that. Your fans are great even if your coach is a rat.

There were 2 blatantly bad calls last night, early on in the game, Nigel Hayes' first personal I believe, Vonleh had his arms around Nigel, basically hugging him and Nigel got called for a personal foul

In the second half Ferrell put up a crazy shot and Trae Jackson got called for a personal foul

I'm not going to blame the officiating, because I thought we played terribly. The offense was so stagnant, Indiana really had to just defend the ball because there wasn't much off ball motion. As I said previously, Sam Dekker can't be as invisible as he was last night. Dekker is such a fluid and talented player he can dominate a game if he wants to, but he was so passive last night. I also thought that throughout the 2nd half Trae was so hesitant on defense, he was just playing with 2 fouls. Bo should have put someone else on Ferrell if Trae was going to basically do nothing defensively.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 2 blatantly bad calls last night, early on in the game, Nigel Hayes' first personal I believe, Vonleh had his arms around Nigel, basically hugging him and Nigel got called for a personal foul

In the second half Ferrell put up a crazy shot and Trae Jackson got called for a personal foul

I'm not going to blame the officiating, because I thought we played terribly. The offense was so stagnant, Indiana really had to just defend the ball because there wasn't much off ball motion. As I said previously, Sam Dekker can't be as invisible as he was last night. Dekker is such a fluid and talented player he can dominate a game if he wants to, but he was so passive last night. I also thought that throughout the 2nd half Trae was so hesitant on defense, he was just playing with 2 fouls. Bo should have put someone else on Ferrell if Trae was going to basically do nothing defensively.

Disclaimer... I only saw the final 5 minutes or so...

But didn't anyone else think that call (around the 1 minute mark I think) that led to the 3 pt play by Kaminsky was pretty bad? Looked pretty phantom to me.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do wisky fans ever not blame the refs when they lose? Some of the refs are on to the flop style of bo ryans teams....usually when sparty sneezes wisky's frontcourt falls....how bout the no call towards the end of the game when i believe it was yogi who drove to the basket and was hammered to the ground...no call and wisky scored at the other end..

When wisky dont get the home court calls, they are average.....thats why they NEVER do anything in march.....bo great coach in reg season, but horrible in the tourney...

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern has the lead!!!! 7-6

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty surprised Northwestern was able to keep the game so tight...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess....but no Payne means that MSU team is gonna struggle

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW seems to be playing much much better defense the last few games. Thats great because they are going to struggle to score 60 ppg in league play, need to just really slow the pace and limit turnovers and they can compete. At least at home...

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do wisky fans ever not blame the refs when they lose? Some of the refs are on to the flop style of bo ryans teams....usually when sparty sneezes wisky's frontcourt falls....how bout the no call towards the end of the game when i believe it was yogi who drove to the basket and was hammered to the ground...no call and wisky scored at the other end..

When wisky dont get the home court calls, they are average.....thats why they NEVER do anything in march.....bo great coach in reg season, but horrible in the tourney...

If you finished reading my post you'd notice I said I don't blame the officials, my point is don't speak in generalities when you could have just read a Wisconsin fan not blaming an official like apparently never happens. We played terribly, Indiana made plays. This years team can do something special in March, but the effort has to be there every night.

02-03 Sweet Sixteen
04-05 Elite Eight
07-08 Sweet Sixteen
10-11 Sweet Sixteen
11-12 Sweet Sixteen

Now this isn't National Titles like Michigan State has had. But, for a program, like Wisconsin, who didn't have a ton of basketball success prior(outside of a surprise Final Four run in 2000), Bo Ryan has gone on an impressive run. Coach Ryan has built something here.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a flop by Harris....:tsk:

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great defensive game, 53-40 MSU with a minute left. :sleep:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW seems to be playing much much better defense the last few games. Thats great because they are going to struggle to score 60 ppg in league play, need to just really slow the pace and limit turnovers and they can compete. At least at home...

Taking a page from Wisconsin's playbook.