• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dang...I just glanced at Michigan's upcoming schedule...

:behindsofa:

18JAN @ Wisconsin...
22JAN vs Iowa...
25JAN @ MSU

good luck with that

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:behindsofa:

18JAN @ Wisconsin...
22JAN vs Iowa...
25JAN @ MSU

good luck with that

I honestly don't know what Wisconsin team will be there. If it's the team that got torched by Indiana and apparently read it's own press clippings, Michigan has a chance. Coach Ryan's film session as well as practices will be brutal. I just hope it makes this team better.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dakich is a fine commentator as long as he isn't doing Indiana games. When the Hoosiers play, he seems to think he built them from scratch and is still the Head Coach. It's quite bizarre ho in denial he is.

Really? Dakich is the fucking worst. I prefer Bill Walton because at least he doesn't pretend like he actually knows something about basketball, he just talks about life lessons, the dead, acid, shakedown street...

Dakich is just simply a moron

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate those nights where the B1G refs just refuse to call fouls. I know we've benefited from them in the past, but tonight was something else. 12 fouls total on Indiana? 4 Badger free throws? What game were they watching?

There's nights where I love the B1G homecourt bias, but tonight wasn't one of them. I hope they give us the same treatment in Madison and we crush them by 30.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Hoosiers. Would have liked to see Wisconsin keep winning but it is what it is. One more undefeated has fallen.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate those nights where the B1G refs just refuse to call fouls. I know we've benefited from them in the past, but tonight was something else. 12 fouls total on Indiana? 4 Badger free throws? What game were they watching?

There's nights where I love the B1G homecourt bias, but tonight wasn't one of them. I hope they give us the same treatment in Madison and we crush them by 30.

Could be worse. You could have Pac refs, where they blow the whistle on ghost fouls, and lets muggings go unnoticed. At least the B1G has some sort of consistency in their officiating.:noidea:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this assessment:

Really? Dakich is the fucking worst.

When OSU played MSU last week, Dan Dickitch had Ohio State's nuts in his mouth the whole fucking game. I loathe the sonnabitch.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

16 on the Badgers, who shot 23 threes compared to IU's 14. IU drove and there was a number of no calls that went in Wisky's favor, especially when Gordon got grabbed and thrown out of rebounding position, which gave Wisconsin a second opportunity to tie the game at the last second.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last 2 days all the questions and articles were about the 12 game streak vs Indiana and the loss was imminent. The D was to spread out making drives to the basket relatively easy for Indiana. Offense lacked communication and became very hesitant. Obviously the crowd did their job today. I don't enjoy losing or believe in losing just to get the pressure of the undefeated streak off their minds but obviously they can take this as a learning experience. The end was probably the ugliest game tying attempt I've seen in quite a while to chuck the three up with 18 seconds and no ball rotation or anything. Bo is an excellent coach but has never called up a last possession play worth anything. It's always let the PG handle the rock and chuck up a prayer. When we actually passed the ball into the paint we scored at a 75% rate. Unfortunately we went away from that too soon and started chucking. Good game Indy, and I look forward to the rematch.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike both these teams but the refs weren't the problem or the reason Wisconsin lost. If anything I thought they favored Wisconsin more so than IU. Either way they let them play out there. It's not as if Wisconsin was driving to the basket the entire game or anything. Wisconsin probably got away with more than IU did. But I guess it's always easy to blame the officiating for a loss.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why losing to indiana is an embarrassment. They are for sure not what they were last year at this time. But look at all they lost. I've only seen Indiana play twice now, but I think they have some decent young players that could start to step it up in this 2nd half.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why losing to indiana is an embarrassment. They are for sure not what they were last year at this time. But look at all they lost. I've only seen Indiana play twice now, but I think they have some decent young players that could start to step it up in this 2nd half.

i think it's just based on the fact that they haven't looked very good against the better teams that they have played. Stop one guy (yogi) and they shouldn't be able to beat you. So why would a good coach like Bo allow Yogi to take over in the second half like that? I am surprised at the game plan (unless of course it was the plan and yogi was just better...)

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IU at home is a better than average team and while watching that game, I always had the feeling it was just a matter of time before Wisconsin pulled away. IMO, bad luck and some poor ball control did them in. On a neutral court, Wisconsin wins easily.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IU at home is a better than average team and while watching that game, I always had the feeling it was just a matter of time before Wisconsin pulled away. IMO, bad luck and some poor ball control did them in. On a neutral court, Wisconsin wins easily.

I would add Yogi to the list of of things that did them in.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a loss @ Minn is a possibility according to you, and yet others on this thread are saying Michigan hasn't beat anyone in the Big 10 yet (even though they have a road win at Minn)...I mean i'm not saying Minn is any good, but what's the deal you guys have probably seen them play more than the 3 times I have watched them.

I think Minnesota ends up around a 10 seed in the tourney. They always play Wisconsin tough. I also think @Michigan is going to be a tough game.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the realist cynic in me says the W would be in EL...

:bawling:

Just one W there would be nice.

@ Wisconsin? kohl's never easy/Bucky'll be looking for redemption/Bo's pissed/blah blah...but...Beilein's coach enough to direct a driving strategy that capitalizes on Wisky's porous frontcourt; and, the skunkbears CAN (unlike IU) drain treys all night. Obvious edge to Wisconsin, but...

vs Iowa? Interestingly enough, I think the game Wolvie is LEAST likely to win will be hosting Iowa next Wednesday. (especially if them Hawkeye sumbitches put Minny down on Sunday :nod:...they'll be rolling!)

@ MSU? Perpetually sick-n-injured Sparty has 3 games (@NW, @ILL and vs IU) before MICH comes to EL next Saturday. Wolvie might well benefit by MSU's ongoing roster problems.