• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a really interesting year in the B10. Aside from the Topb3 NW is really the only other tourney lock I see. So much youth in the league just about any of the other 10 teams could finish 5th imo and maybe even squeeze NW out for 4th if their young guys coalesce. Even amongst the top 3 none if those teams are scary good imo.

I actually think Minnesota has the 4th best shot at making the tournament after IU, Wisconsin and Purdue. They'll have a solid OOC SOS and they're projected to finish 11-7 in league. They are essentially equal to NW in KenPom, but that still has some of last year built into the equation. All of this is contingent on Coffey being healthy though. Even though he's a freshman he's their best player. They won't have that type of league record if he isn't healthy.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Minnesota has the 4th best shot at making the tournament after IU, Wisconsin and Purdue. They'll have a solid OOC SOS and they're projected to finish 11-7 in league. They are essentially equal to NW in KenPom, but that still has some of last year built into the equation. All of this is contingent on Coffey being healthy though. Even though he's a freshman he's their best player. They won't have that type of league record if he isn't healthy.
I like Minnesota. I just think NW has a little more experience and has a slightly better OOC to this point. I'd put Minnesota 5 right now but I still want to see them vs a really good team to see how they compete. FSU IS solid but not at the level of Butler or ND imo

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think mason is currently our best player, but Amir should take that title

Also helps to have lynch patrolling middle

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also add I think the Gophers RPI is pretty inflated right now with the wins over UTA and Arkansas. The razorback are a tourney team but won't finish top 25 RPI and UTA is going to drop precipitously once league play starts. I like what I'm seeing so far though

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think mason is currently our best player, but Amir should take that title

Also helps to have lynch patrolling middle

Mason based on experience very well may be. I think Coffey has the highest ceiling on the team though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also add I think the Gophers RPI is pretty inflated right now with the wins over UTA and Arkansas. The razorback are a tourney team but won't finish top 25 RPI and UTA is going to drop precipitously once league play starts. I like what I'm seeing so far though

I think UTA is a very good win. They are also projected to finish with a top 50 RPI and that's even with losing 4 conference games, which I don't think they will. Same with Arkansas, they are also a projected top 50 RPI team. 2 wins OOC against top 50 RPI teams is solid.

Gophers OOC SOS projects to be a top 50 OOC SOS. Sure they haven't played any elite or great teams, but they haven't played any truly awful games either, at least from a projecting forward standpoint.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason based on experience very well may be. I think Coffey has the highest ceiling on the team though.

Don't disagree, I was just talking about currently. Amir is important piece however, especially if we want to get to the tourney

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid performance tonight for Iowa. Little bit sloppy for a few stretches but led by double digits pretty much the whole way. Go get one more on Thursday and then it's B10 time baby! Who else is excited? This year is a crap shoot. Can't wait to see what happens

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid performance tonight for Iowa. Little bit sloppy for a few stretches but led by double digits pretty much the whole way. Go get one more on Thursday and then it's B10 time baby! Who else is excited? This year is a crap shoot. Can't wait to see what happens

Gophers open up conference play on Tuesday. This is as excited as I've been for league play since the 2012-2013 season. I hope Coffey gets healthy by then.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers open up conference play on Tuesday. This is as excited as I've been for league play since the 2012-2013 season. I hope Coffey gets healthy by then.
Yeah I'm actually a little worried about Cook coming back and how he's going to integrate back in, especially on defense. Iowas uptick in that area coincides with his injury. He's such a beast on offense though. I'm hoping he can play tomorrow. Too much to ask to have a freshman first action in a month be at Purdue against those bigs

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State didnt play down to the competition for a change and waxes Youngstown State 77-40

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some pretty blah performances by NW, OSU and Michigan lastvnoghtv ( although Asheville is a solid team in the Buckeyes defense ). The other B10 teams in action took care of business. Sneaky good game tonight for the Gophers, Arkansas St is no joke. Trap game kind of feel to it. Be wary Gopher fans

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some pretty blah performances by NW, OSU and Michigan lastvnoghtv ( although Asheville is a solid team in the Buckeyes defense ). The other B10 teams in action took care of business. Sneaky good game tonight for the Gophers, Arkansas St is no joke. Trap game kind of feel to it. Be wary Gopher fans

There is no excuse for only beating Asheville by 2. At least they didnt lose though, that's how much we have fallen off, it's become a huge relief when we don't lose to a team that should be overmatched.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for only beating Asheville by 2. At least they didnt lose though, that's how much we have fallen off, it's become a huge relief when we don't lose to a team that should be overmatched.
A win is a win. I honestly thought OSU might lose last night. The last game right before Christmas break and conference play is always tough. Kids can't focus. All in all I'm happy with what I saw from Iowa OOC. The loss to Omaha sucks but beating ISU and UNI helps. Plus we started guarding the last 5 games. Freshmen are balling right now and adding Cook back in will only help that. First 5 conference games will tell a lot. 2 games with Purdue, Michigan and Rutgers at home and at Nebraska. If we can get through that at 3-2 I'll be feeling great

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win. I honestly thought OSU might lose last night. The last game right before Christmas break and conference play is always tough. Kids can't focus. All in all I'm happy with what I saw from Iowa OOC. The loss to Omaha sucks but beating ISU and UNI helps. Plus we started guarding the last 5 games. Freshmen are balling right now and adding Cook back in will only help that. First 5 conference games will tell a lot. 2 games with Purdue, Michigan and Rutgers at home and at Nebraska. If we can get through that at 3-2 I'll be feeling great

They had a 10 point lead with 8 minutes left, and predictably couldnt put them away, UNC Asheville immediately went on a 12-2 run to tie the game. Completely inexcusable not to be able to put them away. I don't think any B1G game is a definite Win for us at this point. Even Rutgers, Penn State and Nebraska i'm sure we will either let hang around or outright lose to.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a 10 point lead with 8 minutes left, and predictably couldnt put them away, UNC Asheville immediately went on a 12-2 run to tie the game. Completely inexcusable not to be able to put them away. I don't think any B1G game is a definite Win for us at this point. Even Rutgers, Penn State and Nebraska i'm sure we will either let hang around or outright lose to.
Going to be an interesting year. Usually you can look at the schedule and mark down at least 3 or 4 wins but this year there's none of that. Teams 4-14 are as close as I can ever remember them being

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be an interesting year. Usually you can look at the schedule and mark down at least 3 or 4 wins but this year there's none of that. Teams 4-14 are as close as I can ever remember them being

Nebraska looks pretty bad. Other than that, from top to bottom, the league looks remarkably competitive.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska looks pretty bad. Other than that, from top to bottom, the league looks remarkably competitive.
Honestly it's tough to tell with Nebraska. They're 6-6 with some decent wins and a sketchy loss but their overall SoS is 2 so maybe they're not as bad as it looks. UCLA, KANSAS, CREIGHTON, DAYTON, VA TECH, CLEMSON, LA TECH... That's a pretty good schedule

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollee. Rutgers is beating Seton Hall. They might be for real.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's tough to tell with Nebraska. They're 6-6 with some decent wins and a sketchy loss but their overall SoS is 2 so maybe they're not as bad as it looks. UCLA, KANSAS, CREIGHTON, DAYTON, VA TECH, CLEMSON, LA TECH... That's a pretty good schedule

12th best SOS, according to Jerry Palm @ CBS.

FWIW, Nebraska is ranked #98 in kenpom.