• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Carter is gone. WTF

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Carter is gone. WTF

MD now has lost Layman, Suilamon and Carter. Stone is likely gone and Melo I've heard is 50/50. Losing 5 starters will be hard to replace if Stone and Melo leave, if that's the case, rebuilding year in College Park.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
past due Congratulations to Michigan State & College Basketball's superlative head coach TOM IZZO for earning a place in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

:clap::suds:

"I've always told my players that they need to dream something before they can achieve it," said Izzo. "Growing up in Iron Mountain, I had plenty of dreams, many of them seemed like long shots. But I'd be lying if I said being in the Hall of Fame was one of those dreams -- it seemed too big. Even today, it's surreal.

"As a coach, you can't accomplish anything without the help of others. While I'm the one being recognized by the Hall of Fame, it's only because of the work, support and advice from so many people that have touched both my life and my career. From the guidance and love of my family and friends, to the instruction and advice from my teachers and mentors, to the hard work and accomplishments of my coaches and players, and the great support from my administration, they've all made the `undreamable' a reality."

Michigan State basketball: Tom Izzo elected to Naismith Hall of Fame

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: H2S

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst case scenario for Izzo; four strikes in a month...

Crapper #1: MTSU happened.
Crapper #2: Marvin Clark and Javon Bess transferred out.
Crapper #3: Josh Jackson opted for "KANSAS UNIVERSITY" (he'll soon find out it's UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS.)
Crapper #4: Deyonta Davis becomes, today, a one-n-done, goes NBA.

Davis Plans To Enter NBA Draft, Hire Agent - Michigan State Official Athletic Site

poor Izzo...
nothing but a lousy Hall of Fame Enshrinement and the country's 3rd best recruiting class to fall back on.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst case scenario for Izzo; four strikes in a month...

Crapper #1: MTSU happened.
Crapper #2: Marvin Clark and Javon Bess transferred out.
Crapper #3: Josh Jackson opted for "KANSAS UNIVERSITY" (he'll soon find out it's UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS.)
Crapper #4: Deyonta Davis becomes, today, a one-n-done, goes NBA.

Davis Plans To Enter NBA Draft, Hire Agent - Michigan State Official Athletic Site

poor Izzo...
nothing but a lousy Hall of Fame Enshrinement and the country's 3rd best recruiting class to fall back on.

I don't remember hearing that much about Davis during the season aside from he has great potential, surprised he's making the jump.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember hearing that much about Davis during the season aside from he has great potential, surprised he's making the jump.

I watched every minute of every game all season. Two nauseatingly unimportant things were certain to be "discussed" sometime during each game: (1.)Bencher Colby Wollenman's wearing a Spartan tie to his UMICH Medical School interview, and (2.)The likelihood of freshman Deyonta Davis being a one-n-done.

Davis needed time to live away from home, to mature in personality and game and benefit from the first class talent development IZZO/Co. is known for - before jumping to the NBA...
MSU was fortunate he chose East Lansing to get that finishing...
Could be said he's not 'ready' to become a $millionaire, that he needs more skills development, more time for even more $millions down the road...
pfft...
if he goes first round, as has been predicted all season, he'll do just fine in the pros.
I wish the kid well.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW-Milwaukee grad transfer Akeem Springs committed to Minnesota. Gophers will be adding 6 players to the roster for next season. Springs, along with Illinois State transfer Reggie Lynch and A&M transfer Davonte Fitzgerald. Gophers will have MUCH more depth this year than last year. Projected starting 5/Bench IMO:

PG. Nate Mason/Stephon Sharp
SG: Akeem Springs/Dupree McBrayer
SF: Amir Coffey/Davonte Fitzgerald/Michael Hurt
PF: Jordan Murphy/Eric Curry/Charles Buggs
C: Reggie Lynch/Bakary Konate

Gophers are probably a year away from making the tournament. Springs and Buggs are the only seniors going into next season. Would love to fill those scholarships with Gary Trent and Theo John for 17-18.