• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that shot was interesting...lol

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State in deep trouble at home against Nebraska? This is one bizarre year

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Nebraska's won their last two meetings against them actually

did not know that

they seem to have figured something out

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeesh. Just a bad loss

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grats to Nebraska :suds:

I'm starting to think they're not really all that good. I think the Kansas win and undefeated start might have made us think more of them (partially because of how good Valentine was/is) and, as we saw from Kansas last night, they are certainly prone to stinkers.

yah...they're not really all that good - right now...they beat Kansas, Providence and Louisville during another season...I think they've been acting like a bunch of perimeter pussy boys too afraid to drive, too scared to foul and too intimidated by a coach who's taking himself & his prestige a bit too seriously. this is nothing new for Spartan fans of Izzo teams - we almost expect a spate of mid-season embarrassments. on the other hand, we expect the problems to be solved by madness, so...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grats to Nebraska :suds:

yah...they're not really all that good - right now...they beat Kansas, Providence and Louisville during another season...I think they've been acting like a bunch of perimeter pussy boys too afraid to drive, too scared to foul and too intimidated by a coach who's taking himself & his prestige a bit too seriously. this is nothing new for Spartan fans of Izzo teams - we almost expect a spate of mid-season embarrassments. on the other hand, we expect the problems to be solved by madness, so...
I hear you. It's definitely a distinct possibility considering who is on the bench.

But it's just highly unlikely that two straight MSU teams that are lacking elite talent will make Final Four runs. It's just so hard to do two years in a row. Caught lightning in a bottle last year, and of course it could happen again but I find it unlikely.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, it was much more unlikely for them to make that run last year when there were so many elite teams. Maybe I'm still just incredibly bitter they ended up in Villanova's bracket....

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take out the maybe. I will forever be incredibly bitter that they were in Villanova's bracket. Facing that garbage Louisville team to get to go to the Final Fucking Four that we Arizona fans have been craving for the last 15 years.

For the record, I think Louisville is INCREDIBLY overrated this year. I know Kenpom loves them, but I think they are going to struggle mightily in the ACC

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to Nebby at the Breslin Center? Lmfao!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 years? gad, how depressing that must be. we've won a natty and been to seven FFs in the past 16 years. :nod:

I hear you. It's definitely a distinct possibility considering who is on the bench.
But it's just highly unlikely that two straight MSU teams that are lacking elite talent will make Final Four runs. It's just so hard to do two years in a row. Caught lightning in a bottle last year, and of course it could happen again but I find it unlikely.

'elite talent,' I'm assuming in your estimation, excludes POY candidate Valentine and likely 1st round NBA freshman D.Davis? Izzo wasn't kidding, but it seems nobody cared or was listening when he -very uncharacteristically- judged this team's talent on a par with his 2000 NC team before the season even started...this year's team is fucking LOADED! and if they get their shit together, they certainly have the talent to make the FF again, win another natty, so...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 years? gad, how depressing that must be. we've won a natty and been to seven FFs in the past 16 years. :nod:

'elite talent,' I'm assuming in your estimation, excludes POY candidate Valentine and likely 1st round NBA freshman D.Davis? Izzo wasn't kidding, but it seems nobody cared or was listening when he -very uncharacteristically- judged this team's talent on a par with his 2000 NC team before the season even started...this year's team is fucking LOADED! and if they get their shit together, they certainly have the talent to make the FF again, win another natty, so...
Are you trying to tell me that this team is more talented than the team from two years ago? Because if you are, I'm not really sure what to say to be honest. It's just clearly not as good. Denzel is better than anyone from that team (but not THAT much better than Payne), but the rest of your team isn't even close.

Of course, there isn't a single team this year that's as good as that MSU team was, so that's the solace you can take, the same solace I take knowing that while our team isn't nearly as good as the last two years we have just as good, if not better chance of making the FF this year because of the parity we are seeing.

Also, I know the point you were trying to make (I shouldn't talk because my team sucks) so you fudged the numbers slightly but your Natty (in which you have one more than us) was one year before our streak started. Surely you remember we beat you IN the final four by 20 in 2001 stopping your chances of going back to back that year.

It's everything after that in which we have failed over and over again, in the Elite 8. We have lost 5 elite 8s in the span you have made 6 final fours. It's a big difference in my mind, but a 1 game difference 5 times in all reality. We aren't talking Duke vs. Arizona here, we're talking MSU Arizona where in all reality the important difference is 1 natty and secondary is 5 FFs. Considering our (un)luck since 2001 and your luck since then, I'd say we are in a good position to start gaining back that difference sooner rather than later.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well Iowa went to the FF in 1980 and last made an E8 in 87 oh and,haven't made a god damn S16 since 99 so both you can fuck off lol

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to tell me that this team is more talented than the team from two years ago? Because if you are, I'm not really sure what to say to be honest. It's just clearly not as good. Denzel is better than anyone from that team (but not THAT much better than Payne), but the rest of your team isn't even close.

lol.
no. we weren't talking about MSU's team from TWO YEARS AGO...
you were dissing down the possibility of State making two FFs in a row, right?
I'm telling you this MSU team is as talented or moreso than LAST YEAR'S SQUAD (that 'lucked' it's way to the FF by defeating Louisville - an E8 "garbage team" - according to you.)
re: Louisville this year? et eerbody? whodafuck cares about the fuckn rankings? really.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.
no. we weren't talking about MSU's team from TWO YEARS AGO...
you were dissing down the possibility of State making two FFs in a row, right?
I'm telling you this MSU team is as talented or moreso than LAST YEAR'S SQUAD (that 'lucked' it's way to the FF by defeating Louisville - an E8 "garbage team" - according to you.)
re: Louisville this year? et eerbody? whodafuck cares about the fuckn rankings? really.

As always, you are right, and I am over-reactionary.

Yeah well Iowa went to the FF in 1980 and last made an E8 in 87 oh and,haven't made a god damn S16 since 99 so both you can fuck off lol

This puts it all in perspective and now I feel bad. At least my HOF coach was the last to help your squad make it there rmilia!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's everything after that in which we have failed over and over again, in the Elite 8. We have lost 5 elite 8s in the span you have made 6 final fours. It's a big difference in my mind, but a 1 game difference 5 times in all reality. We aren't talking Duke vs. Arizona here, we're talking MSU Arizona where in all reality the important difference is 1 natty and secondary is 5 FFs. Considering our (un)luck since 2001 and your luck since then, I'd say we are in a good position to start gaining back that difference sooner rather than later.

not to beat an 'incredibly bitter,' 'over-reacting' kitty kat here, but - have you met our 2016 incoming class?

:thumb:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
da fuq?

as always?
over-reactionary?

ok.
later.

:suds:
You literally interpreted my post 100% the opposite of what was intended. I said you were right, that I tend to overreact.

And, my point about us making up some of the difference is about a law of averages. And Sean Miller being a LOT younger than izzo. And yes, I've met your class. But if we get Josh Jackson over you we will be resounding favorites next year. We do not lose as much as MSU next year and if we get JJ will end up with a more impactful 2016 class.