• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Assistant Coaches Coming and Going Thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bringing in Orgeron would qualify as bringing in his buddy? I am sure that a coach with Rileys experience is "Buddies" with a lot of other coaches. Can he not hire any of them because they are buddies? There is nothing presented to suggested that Riley is anything but a professional.
He is bringing in people who are familiar with his program. People he is comfortable with when it comes to getting the job done. People he considers "experts."

You're going a little far there with that, Thomas.

First of all, who says Orgeron is coming? I haven't even heard proof that we've talked to him.

Second of all, all I was saying is that bringing a lot of buddies has historically been a bad move in College Football. It's just like with any other job. You don't want to be in a position where you have to fire buddies. That's a hard thing to do.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that everyone on that staff at Oregon State were all amazing experts?

I'm just saying.......I hope he isn't completely just fixated on that one staff. We're talking about a team that really couldn't do anything Defensively, ever.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going a little far there with that, Thomas.

First of all, who says Orgeron is coming? I haven't even heard proof that we've talked to him.

Second of all, all I was saying is that bringing a lot of buddies has historically been a bad move in College Football. It's just like with any other job. You don't want to be in a position where you have to fire buddies. That's a hard thing to do.

Bolded: An example only sir.

There is a difference between buddies (pooch, beck et al) and assistant coaches (those other guys mentioned above).

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that everyone on that staff at Oregon State were all amazing experts?

I'm just saying.......I hope he isn't completely just fixated on that one staff. We're talking about a team that really couldn't do anything Defensively, ever.

It is a staff he built. HIS staff.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a staff he built. HIS staff.

lol, I know that.

But he was at Oregon State where they literally had enough resources to build an FCS level staff. He built a staff with nickles and dimes.

He's at Nebraska now and we're willing to give him millions of dollars to spend.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol, I know that.

But he was at Oregon State where they literally had enough resources to build an FCS level staff. He built a staff with nickles and dimes.

He's at Nebraska now and we're willing to give him millions of dollars to spend.

This is what I am saying. Horrible sinking feeling for me.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really only concerned about Banker.

I don't like being chained to a Defensive Coordinator who averages 80-90th ranked Defensive units.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I know that.

So, we build up what Riley accomplished at lowly OSU, but tear down the staff that he did it with?

......... taking notes so I can get in line with everyone here.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we build up what Riley accomplished at lowly OSU, but tear down the staff that he did it with?

......... taking notes so I can get in line with everyone here.

You need to slow down, my man.

I didn't say anything at all about tearing anyone down.

I just said, you're given unlimited resources...........I am BETTING that a handful of the best assistants out there in the country aren't on that staff at Oregon State. But I don't know.....I'm just betting.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Tom, you were the one after the Wisconsin game saying Bo is just fine.........and now that he's gone you're saying this is for the better......

So I almost have to assume that you're just in line with whatever is taking place here at NU.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe I am being unrealistic but I was expecting much more all around.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am just saying we have a full big ten share coming up and have a huge budget to hire a big name hc and big name assistants and I am left here holding my dick.l

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, there is not one single fan that is a bigger fan than myself.

I'm as big of a fan as they come. I eat, sleep, drink, and everything else Husker Football.

No matter who Riley brings in for a staff, I will fully support them and FULLY believe that they will get the job done.

I'm just raising a couple things for discussion at this point.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Tom, you were the one after the Wisconsin game saying Bo is just fine.........and now that he's gone you're saying this is for the better......

So I almost have to assume that you're just in line with whatever is taking place here at NU.

Not sure if I said Bo was fine. If I did, I was drank!

You know what happens when you assume.....

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I'd like to see some fancy name thrown into the mix but I can't question anything really until I see the product they put out next year. Whoever they end up going with better be able to recruit their ass off

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, there is not one single fan that is a bigger fan than myself.

I'm as big of a fan as they come. I eat, sleep, drink, and everything else Husker Football.

No matter who Riley brings in for a staff, I will fully support them and FULLY believe that they will get the job done.

I'm just raising a couple things for discussion at this point.

And I was discussioning them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he brought the entire staff over from Oregon State, I can guarantee you I would never again feel like we're gonna get blown out by Wisconsin or anyone else.

That much I can say with certainty.

With that staff over there he managed to beat #1 USC, #2 USC, and #2 Cal.

The rankings don't scare his teams, and that is something I like.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he brought the entire staff over from Oregon State, I can guarantee you I would never again feel like we're gonna get blown out by Wisconsin or anyone else.

That much I can say with certainty.

With that staff over there he managed to beat #1 USC, #2 USC, and #2 Cal.

The rankings don't scare his teams, and that is something I like.

This... however I'd be a little bit pissed if he did bring them all. I mean, there HAS to be someone on that staff who is not the best available.

I'm ok with 3/10 coaches coming from there tho.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Husker Nation is we all keep talking each other into believing the big names are gonna end up here......

Tressel, Frost, Orgeron......etc etc.....

When none of them do, we freak out.