• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vegas does this all the time. not really news imo

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the shortest 15 minutes ever lived by Aggy if JF gets suspended.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, I just thought of something. What if by some miracle JF gets suspended for the year? Bama's schedule just went from weak, to FUCKING weak!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, I just thought of something. What if by some miracle JF gets suspended for the year? Bama's schedule just went from weak, to FUCKING weak!

I'm still holding out that maybe Arky and awwbun won't be stinky yeast infections this season. Outlook not so good.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out that maybe Arky and awwbun won't be stinky yeast infections this season. Outlook not so good.

They gotta be better than last year.

But....:gaah:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, now I gotta route for JFF to be eligible.

:lame:

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sequential number part could just be smoke in mirrors. I mean if your a small business trying to resale autographed items, you probably put them into some sort of data base or program for itemizing them and keeping track of them, if so they easily could have auto populated them to keep track of them.

The other part I'm having trouble with is where it seems that not all of the merchandise was signed off on by those two agencies, besides simply the fact that if anyone was trying to make fakes they would be trying to fool agencies such as those from the get go. However lets say me an you go to buy a autographed t-shirt at the same place at the same time and then we get them checked for authenticity and they tell me mine is authentic and yours a fake wouldn't I wonder how authentic mine really is given that we bought them from the same place and yours was fake?

The other possibility that is pretty far fetched but not impossible to pull off is if someone close to the Manziel family if not Manziel's parents themselves were trying to profit off of him. I mean we already know both of his parents were bringing him car loads full of merchandise to be autographed for "friends".

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading more about the story, Manziel is supposedly have gone to an autograph brokers house where "many people were" and signed hundreds of autographs. First off that doesn't make any sense what so ever, the only way I could see Manziel at some brokers house with "many people" is if that guy was having a party and invited Manziel. In which case perhaps Manziel thought he was signing autograph's for everyone at the party? And possibly this was one of the many times he felt like he was being taken advantage of but did not know how or when to say no enough is enough?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this investigation spills into the season, TAMU will be taking a huge risk playing Manziel. If it turns out he did in fact accept benefits and they had already played Manziel, they would have to forfeit the season.

Shit just got real Aggie fans.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really pray this is nothing and the kid just goes and balls out on the field this year. He's good for the sport. It's just too bad he's at a school where he's getting no guidance.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading more about the story, Manziel is supposedly have gone to an autograph brokers house where "many people were" and signed hundreds of autographs. First off that doesn't make any sense what so ever, the only way I could see Manziel at some brokers house with "many people" is if that guy was having a party and invited Manziel. In which case perhaps Manziel thought he was signing autograph's for everyone at the party? And possibly this was one of the many times he felt like he was being taken advantage of but did not know how or when to say no enough is enough?

After reading the "trouble with johnny" article this seems like it could very well be close to what happened. Manziel basically will sign anything for anyone, as he doesn't want to be like Tiger, who blew him off as a kid.

I just see no way that he would have gone somewhere with all those people to get paid to sign autographs.. Way too risky for a guy who has all the money he needs. Also, where is the proof he got paid anyway? Just sounds like a rumor, backed up by a lot of merchandise that hit the market st the same time (which makes sense to have been there after he won the Heisman, post season, and not before).

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Bull Shit.
1. I'm pretty sure that the University had a sit down with him when he won the Heisman and told him "You're fucked if you do these things." One of those things would have been profiting from autographs.

2. "Hey come over to my house and I'll pay you big money for signing merchandise." Really?

3. There was already an incident where Johnny signed a lot of stuff that was supposedly going to troops overseas and he was really upset when he found them on ebay. Doesn't sound like the type of person to go to a brokers house and sign a bunch of shit so that the broker could make money off of him.

However. The media and the Johnny Haters aren't going to stop until this kid is out of the picture. If this turns out to be true then he deserves to be ineligible. What are the odds that Matt Davis starts taking more reps with the 1's while all this is going on?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a rumor.

Vegas has taken down all A&M bets. This idea that the broker was having an innocent little party is pretty laughable.

I'm SURE A&M would have advised him not to go to that house. If he went there, you can bet your ass he most likely did get paid. You simply do not go to a guys house who brokers these kinds of deals for a living and do this without him making money. This was most likely a PRIVATE party specifically set up to buy and sell merch with his signature on it.

I"m not saying hes guilty, because we will probably never know the exact details. But the NCAA can get his bank records......and all they need is one snitch. Just ONE person to say they saw money exchange hands, and it's a wrap.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's up whomperwauson? Welcome to the Hoop!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a rumor.

Vegas has taken down all A&M bets. This idea that the broker was having an innocent little party is pretty laughable.

I'm SURE A&M would have advised him not to go to that house. If he went there, you can bet your ass he most likely did get paid. You simply do not go to a guys house who brokers these kinds of deals for a living and do this without him making money. This was most likely a PRIVATE party specifically set up to buy and sell merch with his signature on it.

I"m not saying hes guilty, because we will probably never know the exact details. But the NCAA can get his bank records......and all they need is one snitch. Just ONE person to say they saw money exchange hands, and it's a wrap.

LOL, if that was the case, Auburn would have received the death penalty already. How many players have they had come forward, were even interviewed, and say they were paid for things like sacks. I remember that one DE was bragging about getting paid for having many sacks against Bama one year. Nothing ever came out of that. That issue and the whole Scam Newton ordeal had major substance, and was swept under the rug. This thing with Manziel has no substance. IMO, it has more to do with his fucked up parents, who I'm sure were the ones profiting off of his autographs.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, if that was the case, Auburn would have received the death penalty already. How many players have they had come forward, were even interviewed, and say they were paid for things like sacks. I remember that one DE was bragging about getting paid for having many sacks against Bama one year. Nothing ever came out of that. That issue and the whole Scam Newton ordeal had major substance, and was swept under the rug. This thing with Manziel has no substance. IMO, it has more to do with his fucked up parents, who I'm sure were the ones profiting off of his autographs.

All it takes is ONE snitch, that's all they need to nail you to the wall.

Now whether the NCAA actually does it is another issue altogether. But they've killed programs with just one. Hell ask tOSU or USC.

For the record, I don't think Manziel is dumb enough to do this. I find the entire story suspect.......but don't fool yourself into thinking they can't ream TAMU and Manziel for this.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too popular. Since he's the only Aggy thats ever won anything, they are going NUTS in college station. Basically he can't be on campus without getting mobbed, apparently.

Well he's the only one that's still in school to have won anything. Von Miller won the Butkus Award he was a senior, Dat Ngyuen won the Lombardi and Chuck Bednarik Award and Lambert Award was a senior, John David Crow was a senior when he won the Heisman, Luke Joekel won the Outland trophy who was a Junior but declared for NFL draft this year.

I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds..... can you?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 "friends" have already squealed. serial numbers on the autos match the "friends" dates given.

Sad to say, this is not going to end well.

Shame on grown ass men that are business men capitalizing on a kid, although the highest profile player in recent CFB memory, still a kid.