• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is ONE snitch, that's all they need to nail you to the wall.

Now whether the NCAA actually does it is another issue altogether. But they've killed programs with just one. Hell ask tOSU or USC.

For the record, I don't think Manziel is dumb enough to do this. I find the entire story suspect.......but don't fool yourself into thinking they can't ream TAMU and Manziel for this.

Only JFF would be punished. Texas A&M is not involved. The investigation is on the player, not the team for lack of institutional control.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only JFF would be punished. Texas A&M is not involved. The investigation is on the player, not the team for lack of institutional control.

I understand what youre saying from a technical sense, but if they can't play their Heisman QB, they ARE being punished.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what youre saying from a technical sense, but if they can't play their Heisman QB, they ARE being punished.

No doubts about that. I feel really bad for Gigem fans man. Even if it is nothing which there is a small chance of that IMO.

This if nothing else is a ridiculously huge distraction, the night b4 2 a days....:L

Man, what a nightmare.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubts about that. I feel really bad for Gigem fans man. Even if it is nothing which there is a small chance of that IMO.

This if nothing else is a ridiculously huge distraction, the night b4 2 a days....:L

Man, what a nightmare.
-
Starting to wonder if Sumlin has had enough. Dodds did a piece and A&M is really distancing themselves from JFF.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HTML:

Man, what a nightmare.

If he remains eligible......he's either going to focus, use this as fuel, and destroy everybody......OR

IMO most likely, he's going to crumble and they have a crappy season.

Last year was the best season they've had since what, 98? And they didn't even win anything of note in all reality outside of that Heisman. It's like the football gods just hate them for some reason.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he remains eligible......he's either going to focus, use this as fuel, and destroy everybody......OR

IMO most likely, he's going to crumble and they have a crappy season.

Last year was the best season they've had since what, 98? And they didn't even win anything of note in all reality outside of that Heisman. It's like the football gods just hate them for some reason.

Have you seen Aggy's schedule? He's going to rise up and destroy that weak as hell schedule. Two tough games, that's it (Bama, @LSU). If Sumlin doesn't win at least 10 games with that schedule, he needs to be fired.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAAF Manziel friend: No more free signings - ESPN

prominent autograph broker on eBay, based in the Southeast, said that Nate Fitch -- Johnny Manziel's friend and personal assistant -- approached him last season to let him know that Manziel would no longer be signing autographs for him without compensation, according to ESPN's Joe Schad.
:lol:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be interpreted to mean they just aren't going to sign any more as they'd have to be free

Of course I doubt that was the intent but Slive will spin it.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be interpreted to mean they just aren't going to sign any more as they'd have to be free

Of course I doubt that was the intent but Slive will spin it.

Exactly. It is a huge waste of Johnny's time to sit and sign hundreds of autographs when he can't get paid for it. Telling someone you aren't going to do it for free doesnt mean he made anyone pay, just that he wasn't doing large lots of autographs for that guy. Unless someone saw him get paid this will not result in anything, and there's basically no way a merch seller would even rat a guy out as it'd ruin his business.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the SEC needs to sit down with the BIG XII and figure out how to handle heisman winners. Last two for the SEC have been a PR nightmare. They got spoiled with Tebow.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BTHOtu thanks buddy good to have found a real message board again.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
prominent autograph broker on eBay, based in the Southeast, said that Nate Fitch -- Johnny Manziel's friend and personal assistant -- approached him last season to let him know that Manziel would no longer be signing autographs for him without compensation, according to ESPN's Joe Schad."

Which is synonymous with saying something like: "He's famous now and will be in the NFL next season, you will have to pay big next time he signs your stuff." Possibly both bragging and referencing Johnny going to the NFL soon, with little thought to signatures while in college. Without witnesses and actual quotes its very easy for the media to take a flippant statement and turn it to sound criminal in nature.

For instance take Tebow's "the promise" speech after losing to Ole Miss in 2008, if he had said this in relative private to only a couple people it would easy for the media to quote him on the "i'm sorry" part then tag it with for his steroid troubles(not in the quote of course) and then claim a private source for the info. Media can and has done this in the past especially with prominent political figures or star athletes, they will grab whatever straw to try and infer guilt, because they know that the simple accusation carries the most damage and they can simply print a retraction later that few will read and even less believe.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the SEC needs to sit down with the BIG XII and figure out how to handle heisman winners. Last two for the SEC have been a PR nightmare. They got spoiled with Tebow.

Ingram has been a good one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and both the 2 you mentioned did that stupid superman pose after they score. I think from now on, any QB who does that stupid pose is automatically DQ'd from the Heisman.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn_manziel_d1_600.jpg

THEY GOTTA START PAYIN ME FOR THIS!!! NO MORE FREE JOHNNY!!!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is my "Does Anyone draft Manziel" thread in this combined thread now?

SOCALPIPELAYER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the kid a break. He's just trying to make enough money to lave that pit of a State he is stuck in. Can't blame anyone that wants to get out of Texas.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...SocalCrackPipePlayer.....!

I remember you from ESPN...what's up man!