• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Recruiting Thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Major......Cain wants to be top dog in the class. If he was picking tomorrow it would be either Texas or LSU.

You guys may get back into it......there's a loooong time till signing day. But I'd lay odds he's not really all that interested in OU.

Aren't you guys also in on Spiller?

Spiller is currently committed, but listening somewhat to aggie. I think he’s a coin flip right now and I’m hearing the same things you are about Cain. That said, if Spiller flips to aggie all bets are off.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller is currently committed, but listening somewhat to aggie. I think he’s a coin flip right now and I’m hearing the same things you are about Cain. That said, if Spiller flips to aggie all bets are off.

Honestly......I think Marcus Major is better than both of them. Cain grew up in Texas, but his family is from Louisiana......I think OU is better served going after kids they have an actual shot at landing. Cain is a wasted resource for OU, he's not going there.

Spiller is a problem for you because he's an aggy legacy. He is going to test whether Riley can REALLY recruit

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly......I think Marcus Major is better than both of them. Cain grew up in Texas, but his family is from Louisiana......I think OU is better served going after kids they have an actual shot at landing. Cain is a wasted resource for OU, he's not going there.

Spiller is a problem for you because he's an aggy legacy. He is going to test whether Riley can REALLY recruit

Thing is, I think Cain is probably not coming either way because of how loaded that position group is. Plus they’ve got McClellen coming in ‘20 supposedly. I think Cain will shy away from that when it’s all said and done. I kind of do expect us to land Major.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I think Cain is probably not coming either way because of how loaded that position group is. Plus they’ve got McClellen coming in ‘20 supposedly. I think Cain will shy away from that when it’s all said and done. I kind of do expect us to land Major.

Major is a BEAST. That kid is the real deal.......and he's in your backyard, I don't see any way he leaves.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major is a BEAST. That kid is the real deal.......and he's in your backyard, I don't see any way he leaves.

Especially with Oklahoma pretty much being a running back factory.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This puts Noah Cain in the mix for Texas......I think it's now between us and LSU
I think he's firmly in the Texas mix. Not going to lie, I wanted him over Sampson, but I'll never question Urban and his ability to pick out RBs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of, is Mixon going to take a step forward with Hill gone? I have the first pick in a keeper league, and the idea of pairing him with Gurley sounds appealing if he's worth it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of, is Mixon going to take a step forward with Hill gone? I have the first pick in a keeper league, and the idea of pairing him with Gurley sounds appealing if he's worth it.

Imo, yes. Especially as a receiving threat.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's firmly in the Texas mix. Not going to lie, I wanted him over Sampson, but I'll never question Urban and his ability to pick out RBs.

Surprised you guys didn't go after Trey Sanders, the kid that starts over Cain at IMG

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised you guys didn't go after Trey Sanders, the kid that starts over Cain at IMG
We got in late on him. They didn't even offer him until mid-January. Plus he seems like he's pretty hellbent on staying in FL now.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2020 is all about Zachary Evans. People are saying he is the best back coming out of Texas since AP. We will see if he can fulfill his soph potential. You hear a lot of superlatives about Sophs, only to see them as low 4 stars 2 years later

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isaiah Williams, Trinity Catholic, Athlete

The upcoming Illinois football facility scheduled to be finished for the 2019 season is a very good recruiting tool for Lovie Smith.

Video: Take a quick tour of the new $79 million Fightin Illini Football Performance Center - FootballScoop

There are three 2019 Illinois commits so far.... including a 4-star and a 5-star:
Illinois 2019 Football Commits

If Lovie is able to consistently recruit top talent out of Chicagoland and the St. Louis/East St. Louis area, he should be able to build a decent program.

Also....having linebacker guru Hardy Nickerson as the DC should help draw defensive recruits to Illinois.

lovie-smith-web.jpg

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap major is at Texas this weekend, I had no idea we were even recruiting him ....... I'm not sure we've even offered but Herman is supposedly putting the press on him right now

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap major is at Texas this weekend, I had no idea we were even recruiting him ....... I'm not sure we've even offered but Herman is supposedly putting the press on him right now

Oh I expect Herman to take a shot at several Oklahoma targets whether he really wants them or thinks he’ll get them or not.