• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Recruiting Thread

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1_8120602.png

4-star WR Khafre Brown out of North Carolina has decided to remain in-state and has committed to North Carolina.

Khafre Brown, West Mecklenburg, Wide Receiver

Justin1993

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I love about Saban, our staff sucked at recruiting last year, he got pissed and replaced them and now we are about to have arguably our best class ever. And people thougt Kirby and Dabo were about to outdo him recruiting.

I wouldn’t say sucked, they still locked up the #7 class. The staff we have now is as good as it gets recruiting wise though. Hopefully we can hang on to these coaches (minus locksley obviously) at least through the 2020 early signing period.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t say sucked, they still locked up the #7 class. The staff we have now is as good as it gets recruiting wise though. Hopefully we can hang on to these coaches (minus locksley obviously) at least through the 2020 early signing period.
Yeah this group is elite at recruiting. From the sound of it Clay Webb is the only guy we really want that we are probably gonna miss on.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this group is elite at recruiting. From the sound of it Clay Webb is the only guy we really want that we are probably gonna miss on.

He's still a Bama lean, though UGA has closed the gap a bit.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah,ive heard from Bama Insider Tim Watts, who is almost never wrong, that Webb is heading yalls way.

We need it.

If we get him, Nakobe Dean and flip Pappoe(who is favored to sign with UGA), it won't be the top ranked class, but it'll be pretty damn good.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t blame him — if you are getting embarrassed by your rival like they did — id go elsewhere too.

I said I bet Zach Harrison who was looked at as a virtual lock to UM goes elsewhere too.

OR

Some blue chip recruits with substantial egos might think of themselves as being one of the keys to ending that losing trend.

Also....
Some kids want to go to a program where everything is hunky dory--- an already proven winner.... it's easy to accept an offer from Alabama and ride the coattails of success.... meh....

....whereas other recruits want to go to a program to build a winner.... that's the kind of recruit I would covet.... someone like Freshman receiver Rondale Moore of Purdue.... Moore could have gone anywhere, but he wanted to be part of building something special instead of taking the easy road of going someplace where everything was already built.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t blame him — if you are getting embarrassed by your rival like they did — id go elsewhere too.

I said I bet Zach Harrison who was looked at as a virtual lock to UM goes elsewhere too.
Yeah, that beat down wasn't good in our quest to get Harrison. Bummer all around. Just have to look at the positive; this class still looks pretty darn good with or without those guys. I just wanted one class where we beat OSU in recruiting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that beat down wasn't good in our quest to get Harrison. Bummer all around. Just have to look at the positive; this class still looks pretty darn good with or without those guys. I just wanted one class where we beat OSU in recruiting.

Not going to happen — losing Daxton Hill and Hinton being dropped from 5 star status, leaves us with 0 five star recruits and even though we have 7 more commits than OSU — we are now behind them in the rankings.

To put it in more perspective:
OSU average recruit is 92.5
UM average recruit is 89.5

UM was only ranked ahead of them before because of volume.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen — losing Daxton Hill and Hinton being dropped from 5 star status, leaves us with 0 five star recruits and even though we have 7 more commits than OSU — we are now behind them in the rankings.

To put it in more perspective:
OSU average recruit is 92.5
UM average recruit is 89.5

UM was only ranked ahead of them before because of volume.
That's not how the classes work. I think they take the best 20 recruits or something like that. You don't get bonus points for adding more players than that. Volume only matters early on when teams have like 15 committed early compared to everyone else with half that.

But I do agree that it seems unlikely now that we can pass them without Hill.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how the classes work. I think they take the best 20 recruits or something like that. You don't get bonus points for adding more players than that. Volume only matters early on when teams have like 15 committed early compared to everyone else with half that.

But I do agree that it seems unlikely now that we can pass them without Hill.

It is the top 25 I believe, and neither team has that many.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR

Some blue chip recruits with substantial egos might think of themselves as being one of the keys to ending that losing trend.

Also....
Some kids want to go to a program where everything is hunky dory--- an already proven winner.... it's easy to accept an offer from Alabama and ride the coattails of success.... meh....

....whereas other recruits want to go to a program to build a winner.... that's the kind of recruit I would covet.... someone like Freshman receiver Rondale Moore of Purdue.... Moore could have gone anywhere, but he wanted to be part of building something special instead of taking the easy road of going someplace where everything was already built.

Any player that commits to Bama is a coward. Agreed;.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting 11 3 stars isn't the way to beat the top teams in recruiting. That's a ridiculously high number.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 11 3 stars isn't the way to beat the top teams in recruiting. That's a ridiculously high number.
It seems like that happens every few years. We have these super large classes. 12 four stars is good but pairing it with that many three stars is unusual for the top teams. But there's still certainly enough talent to win a title with. But when we're struggling to beat OSU, we need to recruit better than them.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like that happens every few years. We have these super large classes. 12 four stars is good but pairing it with that many three stars is unusual for the top teams. But there's still certainly enough talent to win a title with. But when we're struggling to beat OSU, we need to recruit better than them.

It's really not enough to win a title with. Not with running a pro style offense anyways.