• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Recruiting Thread

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge weekend for Michigan. The most intriguing prospect is that TE we got, who's built like a crazy tall WR. 6-4, 225. I'm wondering if he'll stay at TE or switch to WR.
How did the visit go with Zach Harrison? Did Jimmy roll out his bag of tricks?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the visit go with Zach Harrison? Did Jimmy roll out his bag of tricks?
I am keeping an I'll believe it when I see it approach with that. We haven't beat out OSU for many recruits lately, so I'm less optimistic about that. But getting a kid like that on campus is big and from what I understand, he was here for multiple days.l

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am keeping an I'll believe it when I see it approach with that. We haven't beat out OSU for many recruits lately, so I'm less optimistic about that. But getting a kid like that on campus is big and from what I understand, he was here for multiple days.l
Yeah. I think he and his mother left AA late yesterday? The Buckeyes have the last OV. I will be very shocked if he doesn't become a Buckeye. Urbs will not lose out on Harrison like Carmen fleeing to Clemson last year.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan gonna get 2-3 more recruits today including a stud from Florida where they will beat out FSU.

Which sucks.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kills Sparty's class. That puts them at 1 recruit inside the top 450.

1_4648323.png

After the MSU recruiting disappointments over the past few days shown in posts #410 & #414 above, the Spartans have rebounded today with a very big KABOOM.

5-star OT Devontae Dobbs out of Belleville, Michigan has decided to remain in-state and has committed to Michigan State.

Devontae Dobbs, Belleville, Offensive Tackle

Dobbs is the #2 ranked recruit in Michigan, and the #3 ranked OT in the nation.

635491626580460024-FB-Media-Day-9442.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1_4648323.png

After the MSU recruiting disappointments over the past few days shown in posts #410 & #414 above, the Spartans have rebounded today with a very big KABOOM.

5-star OT Devontae Dobbs out of Belleville, Michigan has decided to remain in-state and has committed to Michigan State.

That makes their class better....but it doesn't save it. Offensive line is the easiest position to find under-rated kids and prop up to elite status. Losing out on a top 250 QB recruit is still a massive step back for the class.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes their class better....but it doesn't save it. Offensive line is the easiest position to find under-rated kids and prop up to elite status. Losing out on a top 250 QB recruit is still a massive step back for the class.
Cold blooded. And, for the record, correct, although finding under-rated o-line kids and propping them up hasn't exactly been UM's forte lately.

:D

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold blooded. And, for the record, correct, although finding under-rated o-line kids and propping them up hasn't exactly been UM's forte lately.

We haven't had bodies, in general, on the offensive line. We've been massively short depth wise there. But I will say this, of our last two offensive lineman drafted -- one, Glasgow, was a walk-on. Maybe this is just a Michigan specific thing, but we've had a ton of highly rated OL recruits come through here and fizzle. Some have worked out (Long, Lewan, Cole) but we've had just a ton take a crap or transfer out.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't had bodies, in general, on the offensive line. We've been massively short depth wise there. But I will say this, of our last two offensive lineman drafted -- one, Glasgow, was a walk-on. Maybe this is just a Michigan specific thing, but we've had a ton of highly rated OL recruits come through here and fizzle. Some have worked out (Long, Lewan, Cole) but we've had just a ton take a crap or transfer out.
Predicting success for o-linemen coming from HS to D1 is a real crap shoot. OSU has had their share of highly recruited/rated duds in the past few years as well. On the o-line, it's about attitude as much as ability. Some guys get it, most don't.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It might not be as big a blow as some folks think.

Remember that 4-star 2018 Spartans QB signee Theo Day enrolled early and thus has gotten off to a head-start.

Dwan Mathis deciding to decommit from Michigan State POSSIBLY could be a good sign about Theo Day's development. Having Day working with the team as an early enrollee, things might be going well....and perhaps he looks pretty good? So.... that MIGHT have been a factor in Dwan Mathis' decision to decommit? Hmmm?

Michigan State freshman QB Theo Day shows progress in processing offense

And of course there's redshirt Freshman QB Rocky Lombardi.

Brian Lewerke still has two years to go at Michigan State....... but after Lewerke graduates, remember the names: Rocky Lombardi and Theo Day

Last edited:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not be as big a blow as some folks think.

Remember that 4-star 2018 Spartans QB signee Theo Day enrolled early and thus has gotten off to a head-start.

Dwan Mathis deciding to decommit from Michigan State POSSIBLY could be a good sign about Theo Day's development. Having Day working with the team as an early enrollee, things might be going well....and perhaps he looks pretty good? So.... that MIGHT have been a factor in Dwan Mathis' decision to decommit? Hmmm?

Michigan State freshman QB Theo Day shows progress in processing offense

And of course there's redshirt Freshman QB Rocky Lombardi.

Brian Lewerke still has two years to go at Michigan State....... but after Lewerke graduates, remember the names: Rocky Lombardi and Theo Day
some guys say, "The glass is half full".
some guys say, "The glass is half empty."
some guys say, "We didn't need a glass anyway."

LOL

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting success for o-linemen coming from HS to D1 is a real crap shoot. OSU has had their share of highly recruited/rated duds in the past few years as well. On the o-line, it's about attitude as much as ability. Some guys get it, most don't.

OU for most of the Stoops era, recruited OT and converted the slow footed ones to Guards. This is the 1st class, that OU has targeted, more then one Guard, Centers. I prefer, recruiting 90% OT and get a few, guards/centers in the mix. When OU averages 6'5 and 330lbs. Those usually turnout to be our best Olines.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU for most of the Stoops era, recruited OT and converted the slow footed ones to Guards. This is the 1st class, that OU has targeted, more then one Guard, Centers. I prefer, recruiting 90% OT and get a few, guards/centers in the mix. When OU averages 6'5 and 330lbs. Those usually turnout to be our best Olines.

Texas has moves in this direction......finally. I would recruit 4 OTs and a center every year if it was up to me. Bad guard is just a waste. Slow OT/Center can slide over and be all conference

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1_4648323.png

5-Star Michigan State Commit Devontae Dobbs: 'Michigan Thought They Were Superior To Michigan State'

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the 2020 thread start? Someone is already killing it.