• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread tOfficial 2019 ncaa tournament thread

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the first 2 days, yes, the SEC sucked and didn't look very good. Day 3, they looked better but that's mainly because of Auburn. Looking at defense and offense and the teams they played, the SEC should've ran through teams like Colgate, New Mexico State and Liberty. They didn't and to me, that makes them not look very good. Tennessee should've ran through Colgate the way Kentucky ran through Abilene Christian. But they didn't. They JUST let the 6th best B1G team make the biggest comeback in NCAA tourney history on them and needed OT to beat them. I'm sorry if that makes me think less of the SEC, but it does.

I don't get why this is turning into such a big deal. I didn't know my opinion meant so much to people y'all are trying to change my mind lol.
If you are going to use such strong words (sec sucks) when they are having a very strong showing this tournament then you should expect to get called out for it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to use such strong words (sec sucks) when they are having a very strong showing this tournament then you should expect to get called out for it.

And you've successfully called me out for it. Congratulations. I'm politely asking you to end it.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is....not great
Seems par for the course this weekend. If Tennessee wouldn't have started celebrating way too early then it would have been about eight games in a row with little excitement unfortunately.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't much of a difference between Washington and New Mexico State/Liberty.

With how this one is starting it doesn't look like there's much of a difference between Iona and Washington

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you've successfully called me out for it. Congratulations. I'm politely asking you to end it.
You keep trying to get the final word in and then asking others to not reply. Let me know how that works out on a message board for you.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we're not trying to change his mind.....it's a sports message board......when you comment, it's fair game to counter said statement.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are overrated. UK and Tenn are legit contenders though imo. Auburn is a streaky team. Not sure they have enough but if they play well they can beat anyone. I think there were a few SEC teams that were ranked higher than they should have been
Imo, Florida and Auburn were both really good teams for their seeds. Both underrated.

UK is overrated but they aren't healthy. I think in some sort of multiverse where UK (banged up) and Wofford play each other, Wofford probably wins 7 out of 10 times. UK just caught Woffords star playing the worst game of his life. If UK gets healthy then they're properly rated.

Tennessee can play better than any team in basketball for small stretches but they definitely have issues. They're properly rated, imo.

LSU has nine lives and seems to Forrest Gump their way through everything. I do think they're a bit overrated but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could share this guacamole salsa with you guys, it's really good. The spicy bean dip is just okay and Doritos are a classic.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About what I figured. Good defense at times, but not enough offense to really hang. Not a blow out at the half, but NC will pull away and win by 20 at least.

Just getting to the tournament was a step forward for the program. Winning one was a bonus. Bracket being what it is put them up against a power in the second round and no real chance they are ready for that kind of test.

It was a great season and I'll make some vCash on this loss. Next year looking bright with this staff.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, Florida and Auburn were both really good teams for their seeds. Both underrated.

UK is overrated but they aren't healthy. I think in some sort of multiverse where UK (banged up) and Wofford play each other, Wofford probably wins 7 out of 10 times. UK just caught Woffords star playing the worst game of his life. If UK gets healthy then they're properly rated.

Tennessee can play better than any team in basketball for small stretches but they definitely have issues. They're properly rated, imo.

LSU has nine lives. I do think they're a bit overrated but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

To be fair, most conferences have streaky/inconsistent teams. The best conference in bball is still the ACC

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,955.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About what I figured. Good defense at times, but not enough offense to really hang. Not a blow out at the half, but NC will pull away and win by 20 at least.

Just getting to the tournament was a step forward for the program. Winning one was a bonus. Bracket being what it is put them up against a power in the second round and no real chance they are ready for that kind of test.

It was a great season and I'll make some vCash on this loss. Next year looking bright with this staff.
well said