• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread tOfficial 2019 ncaa tournament thread

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn and MSU fans dumping tickets?

There was definitely some movement this morning. Tickets would come up and then be gone, then a set would come up and stay for a bit and then get snagged up.

But the area we were looking were all around that 5-600 mark. Can definitely get in there for cheaper, but if Im doin this I wanted to get some decent seats.

The flights are the bad part. Hotels are even ok priced.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was definitely some movement this morning. Tickets would come up and then be gone, then a set would come up and stay for a bit and then get snagged up.

But the area we were looking were all around that 5-600 mark. Can definitely get in there for cheaper, but if Im doin this I wanted to get some decent seats.

The flights are the bad part. Hotels are even ok priced.
I heard you couldn't get a flight out until Wed. Might have to rent a car and drive to Chicago if you want to leave earlier.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an issue with the officiating as it seemed to be pretty consistent. Auburn played sloppy most of the game and still should have won without their best player on the floor. It is what it is and I'm at peace.
So far, I've ran across very few Auburn fans that were upset with the officiating. My posts are meant for the UVA haters that are blinded by their hate to realize that we were not the obvious favorite they they keep implying.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great game, mr fart -
that Cassius Winston is a great player -
is he gonna declare for the draft this year?
Everything I have seen is that his size is going to keep him from being high on draft boards. Last I looked, ESPN hand him around 85th ranked prospect.

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I have seen is that his size is going to keep him from being high on draft boards. Last I looked, ESPN hand him around 85th ranked prospect.
interesting -
really enjoyed watching him,
and Harper from Auburn -
both of those guys have speed
gettin to the bucket -

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should return.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is very wild suggestion. We know that only the team with possession can call a time. How about a change.
Similar to football, either coach could challenge any play at any time by throwing the red flag. If his challenge is right, the call is either made (i.e. the double dribble) and play resumes at that point with the correct call being enforced.
IF HE IS WRONG the penalty would be devastating: double technical foul on the coach resulting in 4 free throws and the ball, and in addition each play on the floor at the time is assessed a personal foul.
This penalty would make using the challenge early in the game very unlikely, but not in the late part of the game such as what happened in the Auburn /Virginia.

They already have rules that allow reviews of last touch of the ball in the last two minutes of the game, as though a call with 2 minutes 1 second is less important than one with 1 minute 59 seconds.

Another issue while I am at it. Teams that need to foul to send the opponent to the line often chase the guy with the ball all over the court in an effort to foul. Virginia just fouled a poor shooter before the ball was inbounded so no time came off the clock. Is there some detail in the rules that I am missing because if not then this should always be the strategy.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good final. Virginia is my pick to win with a 58-53 score.