• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread tOfficial 2019 ncaa tournament thread

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This as good a place as any to ask. I watched 4 games over the weekend. Could someone explain to me exactly what constitutes a foul, both offensive and defensive. It seems to change from one trip down the floor to the next, and of course there must be separate rule book for the last two minutes.
My biggest peeve, is when a team has fouls to give, the coach is yelling foul from the sidelines , his players respond and none of the fouls are considered intentional, even when there is no attempt to get at the ball.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really surprised most mock drafts don’t have Winston being drafted at all. ESPN has him as the 86th prospect.

It's good for Michigan State. They should be preseason #1 next year.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This as good a place as any to ask. I watched 4 games over the weekend. Could someone explain to me exactly what constitutes a foul, both offensive and defensive. It seems to change from one trip down the floor to the next, and of course there must be separate rule book for the last two minutes.
My biggest peeve, is when a team has fouls to give, the coach is yelling foul from the sidelines , his players respond and none of the fouls are considered intentional, even when there is no attempt to get at the ball.
That has always frustrated me too. It's pretty much whenever the refs think it is time for a foul to be called. I guess it's like holding in the NFL.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Virginia for bouncing back like this.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like your trash ass program not even belonging in the tourney? Did you guys even make it to .500 in the B1G? Such a joke. If we are MSU's lil bro does that mean you are both MSU's and Michigan's little bitch we love to creampie?

button pushed. looks like I reeled one in....... still under my limit though, have room in the boat for a few more.

I never said anything about OSU and how good they were, technically though OSU exceeded expectations by making it to the 2nd round of the tournament. scUM on the other hand played like the little sisters of the poor and was an embarrassment of the league that night when they should've gone further.

Again, kneel down to your big brother, who just took down Duke......

cute you thought you were a basketball program. :dhd: Football? nope, you're our bitch on the football field. Maybe lacrosse? or does mich. have a curling squad? :heh:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game.

and I remember many complaining that MSU was put in the same region as Duke.... guess that wasn't an issue.....
I know it was mentioned that Duke got screwed with arguably the top 2 seed in their region but I refused to see it that way.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was mentioned that Duke got screwed with arguably the top 2 seed in their region but I refused to see it that way.
That was a valid argument for Duke and Michigan State. Duke was the "overall" top number 1 seed. Michigan State should not have been the 4th number 2 seed.
But it is moot now. Maybe could have been made into a bigger deal Had Duke not lost 2 extremely close games to UCF and V Tech.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
button pushed. looks like I reeled one in....... still under my limit though, have room in the boat for a few more.

I never said anything about OSU and how good they were, technically though OSU exceeded expectations by making it to the 2nd round of the tournament. scUM on the other hand played like the little sisters of the poor and was an embarrassment of the league that night when they should've gone further.

Again, kneel down to your big brother, who just took down Duke......

cute you thought you were a basketball program. :dhd: Football? nope, you're our bitch on the football field. Maybe lacrosse? or does mich. have a curling squad? :heh:
We have better programs than your school other than football. I didn't expect anything better than Elite 8 with this team due to the lack of offense and consistent outside shooting. But we still did destroy your ass in regular season play. It was like playing a garbage MAC team. EZ clap

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a valid argument for Duke and Michigan State. Duke was the "overall" top number 1 seed. Michigan State should not have been the 4th number 2 seed.
But it is moot now. Maybe could have been made into a bigger deal Had Duke not lost 2 extremely close games to UCF and V Tech.
Duke, like Michigan, didn't have the shooters when it was said and done. RJ Barrett really shit the bed down the stretch. Reddish was suppose to be better as well.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State wins it all. Book it.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were a little bit, but all of the other 2 seeds were also powerful. Michigan might in retrospect have been the weakest, but I think they matched up well with Duke.

I look at this way.

If you replayed the weekend's games, it could have easily have been Duke, Gonzaga, UK, and Purdue.

And Tennesse could have easily been there too.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke, like Michigan, didn't have the shooters when it was said and done. RJ Barrett really shit the bed down the stretch. Reddish was suppose to be better as well.

Barrett is supposed to be in high school since he reclassified early on. So him choking the FT is no big question mark, dude was a 67% FT shooter on the season so no big surprise there. Nobody else but Zion(open) could make the shot, and Reddish was a disappointment as he never got any better past that buzzer beater at FSU; just sad really.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a little bit, but all of the other 2 seeds were also powerful. Michigan might in retrospect have been the weakest, but I think they matched up well with Duke.

I look at this way.

If you replayed the weekend's games, it could have easily have been Duke, Gonzaga, UK, and Purdue.

And Tennesse could have easily been there too.
If MSU and Duke played in DC 10 times, MSU may win 3 of them. Thankfully we won the only one that mattered.