• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Fall Camp Thread

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually count.

Quick count of Cornhuskers fall 110 man roster. First of all, there are only 109 as of right now. 77 scholarship guys. 32 walk ons.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all this attitude and swag I keep hearing about from the defense is backed up on actual game days.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do this every year but I look at our schedule and I honestly don't see a team that's going to beat us or that we are not capable of beating I should say.

I worry about stupid games like northwestern who I think is a real contender this year again.

10-2 with a possible lost to Michigan in the big ten championship. Penn State is another team to worry about though

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all this attitude and swag I keep hearing about from the defense is backed up on actual game days.

Yeah. How many times we heard that outta HWSNBN, pleeny, and Mr Nice Guy, fall camps?

They do look more physical from Strength and Conditioning, but can they run and tackle?

I have little doubt the offense averages 40 PPG, which will help if the defense continues to lag and there are a few shoot-outs a la 2017 UCF.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 defenses that stand the best chance in keeping Nebraska under 40 points.

Scoring Defense 2018

Northwestern: 41st (23 PPG) 0 games of 40+

Wisconsin: 34th (22 PPG) 44 to Purdue

Iowa: 11th (18 PPG) 0 games of 40+

Regarding Ohio St. They gave up 40+ points twice. Purdue 49 and Maryland 51. They gave up 39 to Michigan.
First year defensive schemes as they replace their HC and DC.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best chances for shootouts

Scoring Offense

Ohio St: 8th (42 PPG)
@ Purdue: 51st (30 PPG)

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with JoJo not being cleared for fall camp yet? Is it an academic issue? Disciplinary issue?

Red somewhere it was a lingering injury from the summer, pose to be in camp by the end of the week

Sounds like Jojo had his wisdom teeth pulled or something else completely not serious

Like they said on the radio yesterday. If this comes to Friday and or this weekend. Then it would be something to look into.

Jo Jo is not on the 110 man roster.

I am officially worried about Jojo Domann and playing in 2019. No one is saying anything. I had him as a starter at linebacker.

Maurice Washington is in pads and at practice.
Cam Jurgens is in pads and at practice.

JoJo Domann (@TheDomannator) | Twitter

His nickname is the Domannator.

No idea if these are paywall or not.

JoJo Domann, who brings 'flexibility' to Husker defense, not yet cleared for training camp

"NU coach Scott Frost may provide more insight into Domann’s status when he talks to reporters Friday, and the media will watch a portion of practice Wednesday."

Red Report: Domann not yet cleared for camp; WR Robinson 'a problem' for defense; Fisher insights

“JoJo hasn’t been cleared for camp yet, so he’s not out there,” Dewitt said after the Huskers’ fourth practice of preseason work, declining to elaborate on whether Domann’s situation was related to an injury.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am officially worried about Jojo Domann and playing in 2019. No one is saying anything. I had him as a starter at linebacker.

JoJo Domann, who brings 'flexibility' to Husker defense, not yet cleared for training camp

"NU coach Scott Frost may provide more insight into Domann’s status when he talks to reporters Friday, and the media will watch a portion of practice Wednesday."

Red Report: Domann not yet cleared for camp; WR Robinson 'a problem' for defense; Fisher insights

“JoJo hasn’t been cleared for camp yet, so he’s not out there,” Dewitt said after the Huskers’ fourth practice of preseason work, declining to elaborate on whether Domann’s situation was related to an injury.
I heard something about him this morning. I don't exactly remember what the reason was, but it is minor. I don't think it was injury related. I just remember thinking to myself, "oh, ok. No big deal then."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Frost says on Friday that he can't comment due to university policy, then be concerned.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed,we really need him to show up at olb is the only reason I hesitate with the camp summaries at this point. I get a Jamal Turner dp3 ish feeling here and I don’t like that really. Loved those guys potential but was left feeling like the books were cooked with hype/need

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope he plays. But I think this was so smoke and mirrors. By the coaching staff.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other coaches are noticing a change, in a good way this time

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their analysis leaves little to be desired. None-the-less it'll be something to watch.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @it'sHuskers4me That was good koolaid.

I am liking my pick of Rahmir Johnson to be a playmaker.
Wandale Robinson WILL be playing running back according to Held.
Dedrick Mills will be the hammer to get the tough yards. (hopefully)

Okay, I am a lot more confident on the running back situation, during the Spring Game the lack of a running back was apparent. Those three guys had to be the solution to the problem and it seems they are.

Still, the RBs can only do as good as the O Line, and that is still a concern since whoever is playing center is still a mystery.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @it'sHuskers4me That was good koolaid.

I am liking my pick of Rahmir Johnson to be a playmaker.
Wandale Robinson WILL be playing running back according to Held.
Dedrick Mills will be the hammer to get the tough yards. (hopefully)

Okay, I am a lot more confident on the running back situation, during the Spring Game the lack of a running back was apparent. Those three guys had to be the solution to the problem and it seems they are.

Still, the RBs can only do as good as the O Line, and that is still a concern since whoever is playing center is still a mystery.

Did you notice the high snaps?

giphy.gif

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you notice the high snaps?

giphy.gif

if you mean in the Spring Game, oh, hell yeah.

As the game went on and Cameron became more fatigued, the snaps were going everywhere. That is what was scary about that Spring Game.

Cam Jurgens added weight to a frame that might not be able to handle it.
Cam Jurgens is injury prone.
Cam Jurgens just started playing center, when we had several bona fide players that had played center on the team.

Great kid, great athlete, but he might have met his match.

Whatever happened to Josh Wegener? Must be too small. He is listed on the (110-1) man roster.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you mean in the Spring Game, oh, hell yeah.

As the game went on and Cameron became more fatigued, the snaps were going everywhere. That is what was scary about that Spring Game.

Cam Jurgens added weight to a frame that might not be able to handle it.
Cam Jurgens is injury prone.
Cam Jurgens just started playing center, when we had several bona fide players that had played center on the team.

Great kid, great athlete, but he might have met his match.

Whatever happened to Josh Wegener? Must be too small. He is listed on the (110-1) man roster.

I meant in that fall camp video. I watched it again though and realize there was just one at 2:48. It just stood out. I feel better about it, as the rest were all good snaps.

It's gonna be fun watching this offense grow up this year.