• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Braves season thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touki was lights out last night as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if it was an anomaly or what since he didn't make the team originally, but he was great last night.

And fuck Newcomb. That was a shit show. I swear it felt like one of my son's little league games with all the fucking balls and walks. Wait, That's a lie. Those 11 and 12 year olds throw more strikes than that.

That wasn't an anomaly. Of all of our pitchers that are still considered prospects, Touki has the best stuff that I have seen outside of Soroka, but at this point, I don't think Soroka is ever gonna be healthy enough to be a mainstay in the rotation. I hear good things about Ian Anderson, but I've never seen him pitch. Touki had some nice starts last season too.

Newk's 25 and is in his third year now, and if anything, he's regressing. Maybe a stint in AAA will straighten him out, but he's the weakest link in the rotation.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't an anomaly. Of all of our pitchers that are still considered prospects, Touki has the best stuff that I have seen outside of Soroka, but at this point, I don't think Soroka is ever gonna be healthy enough to be a mainstay in the rotation. I hear good things about Ian Anderson, but I've never seen him pitch. Touki had some nice starts last season too.

Newk's 25 and is in his third year now, and if anything, he's regressing. Maybe a stint in AAA will straighten him out, but he's the weakest link in the rotation.

I know that there are only so many spots in the rotation/bull pen, but I can't understand why Touki wasn't in one of those spots to start the season if his shit was on like it was last night. He had to have a shitty preseason or something that held him back.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that there are only so many spots in the rotation/bull pen, but I can't understand why Touki wasn't in one of those spots to start the season if his shit was on like it was last night. He had to have a shitty preseason or something that held him back.

He had a couple rough starts in spring training, but finished the spring off strong.

He made our postseason roster last year if that tells you anything.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preferred rotation is:

1. Folty
2. Fried
3. Gausman
4. Julio
5. Touki

giphy.gif

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t like the matchup of degrom vs Julio today but the optimist in me says Julio is due for one of his great outings.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t like the matchup of degrom vs Julio today but the optimist in me says Julio is due for one of his great outings.

Julio is usually good against the Mets, and the Mets usually don't score for deGrom when he pitches against us(team went 1-5 against us last year in deGrom starts despite him not allowing more than 2 runs in any start).

We've got a shot.

I'd rather it be Syndergaard tonight though. He's never beaten us.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When/if Soroka gets the healing touch, I’d like for Toussaint to be turned into a badass closer, which the Braves desperately need.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When/if Soroka gets the healing touch, I’d like for Toussaint to be turned into a badass closer, which the Braves desperately need.

I see that as more of a role for Gohara down the road.

Touki is a starter IMO.

Gohara has closer stuff, and I don't see him as a starter. The CC Sabathia and Bartolo Colon types are rare, but Kenley Jansen, Jonathan Broxton, Bob Wickman and many other hefty pitchers have been good closers.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that as more of a role for Gohara down the road.

Touki is a starter IMO.

Gohara has closer stuff, and I don't see him as a starter. The CC Sabathia and Bartolo Colon types are rare, but Kenley Jansen, Jonathan Broxton, Bob Wickman and many other hefty pitchers have been good closers.

I could live with that, but he needs to hurry his ass up.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newcomb sent down and Vizcaino on IL. Winkler and Webb called up from AAA

Sucks about Viz, but they had no other choice with Newk.

Winkler is pretty average, but he did come through in some big moments last year. Don't know anything about Webb,

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie remains at leadoff.

Dansby gets the night off.

I get that having Camargo on the bench allows us to give players rest and not lose too much, but unless Dansby is a little banged up, I don't like the timing of this day off. Off day tomorrow, coming off a 3 RBI game, facing the reigning Cy Young winner in a game we need to win to earn a split in a 4 game series against a division rival. I want our best lineup out there.

That means putting Ender on the bench again while Acuna plays center and Camargo plays left. Pretty much yesterday's lineup minus Alex Jackson(who I think will be our backup catcher starting next season, his defense is good enough to make him a solid backup to William Contreras)

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start pushed back to 7:30

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie remains at leadoff.

Dansby gets the night off.

I get that having Camargo on the bench allows us to give players rest and not lose too much, but unless Dansby is a little banged up, I don't like the timing of this day off. Off day tomorrow, coming off a 3 RBI game, facing the reigning Cy Young winner in a game we need to win to earn a split in a 4 game series against a division rival. I want our best lineup out there.

That means putting Ender on the bench again while Acuna plays center and Camargo plays left. Pretty much yesterday's lineup minus Alex Jackson(who I think will be our backup catcher starting next season, his defense is good enough to make him a solid backup to William Contreras)
I don't know much about Contreras other than he's good but you think he's good enough to jump from A ball to the majors next year?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Contreras other than he's good but you think he's good enough to jump from A ball to the majors next year?

He was lights out this spring.

I'd be willing to bet he's in AA before July.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was lights out this spring.

I'd be willing to bet he's in AA before July.
If he can be solid behind the plate and hit .260 here I'll be happy. Hopefully next year everyone is improved from this year and Pache is up roaming CF