• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the direction I would have gone, but...

1) Floyd was a riser
2) IF Floyd hits, his potential impact is pretty high
3) There were a lot of indications the Giants were targeting him (taking Apple seems to support that)
4) Good teams don't draft strictly on "need"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it works out BD07. But I am sick of bad drafting and losing. We really had a chance at some good players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... obviously Pace and our scouts were very high on him to trade up to get him.

However, we just invested a lot to draft a player at arguably our STRONGEST position.

He better be a damn stud.
That is the kicker Rich. LB is our strongest position.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Browns make it a trifecta, or actually pick...?

Jack here would be a hell of a haul.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Well, no matter what you do on draft day, there's always the Browns.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen grade of B- for the Floyd pick already.

Many of you have expressed displeasure in it.
Heard reporter Jeff Dickerson on ESPN1000 this afternoon. He basically said that Pace looks for longevity in picks. Dickerson even compared Emery as a guy always looking for the "homerun" player. Pace is more of "double and triple" kind of evaluator. One thing Pace looks for is consistency (for lack of a better word). Does the player always perform this way? Or only on occasions? Dickerson maintained that no matter who Pace picks, they will be quality players.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are going to have to move some folks around on D to accommodate this kid. It will be telling where the Bears go from here with the rest of the draft.
Edit: not sure what it says about Houston and Young... even Acho.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 Draft

Kevin White
Eddie Goldman
Hroniss Grasu
Jeremy Langford
Adrian Amos
Tayo Fabuluje

4 out of 6 started with White obviously, will be a 5th

Pretty solid draft

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is, like they said on nfl network, Floyd does not have to be a day one starter to be an impact player, so being a current position of strength is not a big problem. three years from now the job is all his and hopefully no more big money free agents. Even with who we signed, there is nobody on this team with this speed off the edge.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has a "Thumbs up/Thumbs down article for every team that's drafted so far.

The Bears are the only team to receive a thumbs down. :poke:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with him as a player.

I just don't get where he's going to get snaps...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with him as a player.

I just don't get where he's going to get snaps...

Situational pass rusher and depth at this point?:noidea:

If they can make him the next Aldon Smith, I'll buy a Ryan Pace fathead.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Situational pass rusher and depth at this point?:noidea:

Most likely. If you think he's the best player 2-3 years from now, then you don't pass on a guy with impact potential because he may not step in and start day one. Also, while the Bears have some good players at the position, they don't have that guy. My issue isn't with approach, nor execution (all indications they had to jump to 9 to make that pick), but I question his ability to be that guy.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has a "Thumbs up/Thumbs down article for every team that's drafted so far.

The Bears are the only team to receive a thumbs down. :poke:

I really think its a thumbs down because almost every mock had this guy available at 11. I wanted one of the tackles, I was pretty loud about that, but when Tennessee made the move to go back up to get conklin, and Stanley was the first tackle taken, that third OT that the Giants would have taken went right away, it was pretty obvious if you did not want to settle for Tunsil at 11 if NY took Floyd, you needed to grab this kid. The college numbers are really not that standard glory sack guy, but Georgia messed with this guy playing him at ILB when he was getting doubled on the line. He admitted he destroyed zone schemes, needs to work on the rest.

Tunsil is not going to have a whole lot of support down in Miami, the party town and someone has a vandetta against this kid. Now getting the best on field OT that might have gone 1 at 11 would have been a pretty good deal, but my picks were gone by then anyway.

On to day 2. best ball hawk safety in the draft is out there, dont know if its Vonn Bell, lots think its DArian Thompson of Boise state, who will hit as well. Knock on him is missing the final two games with concussions, so maybe too close to Conte. Henry will also be there, weak TE class. 10th pick might be high for Henry but the man is pretty much made for Cutler with his vacuum hands, another trade to move up to get back in the second to get Henry would be nice, but taking him straight up will probably make Jay happy. Plenty of 5 tech DE's here, but there will be more available later, TE probably not.

Maybe the most happy not drafted in the first round is Jack. Looks like the same stress fracture deal White went thru, but he will be a free agent in only 4 years now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think its a thumbs down because almost every mock had this guy available at 11. I wanted one of the tackles, I was pretty loud about that, but when Tennessee made the move to go back up to get conklin, and Stanley was the first tackle taken, that third OT that the Giants would have taken went right away, it was pretty obvious if you did not want to settle for Tunsil at 11 if NY took Floyd, you needed to grab this kid. The college numbers are really not that standard glory sack guy, but Georgia messed with this guy playing him at ILB when he was getting doubled on the line. He admitted he destroyed zone schemes, needs to work on the rest.

Tunsil is not going to have a whole lot of support down in Miami, the party town and someone has a vandetta against this kid. Now getting the best on field OT that might have gone 1 at 11 would have been a pretty good deal, but my picks were gone by then anyway.

On to day 2. best ball hawk safety in the draft is out there, dont know if its Vonn Bell, lots think its DArian Thompson of Boise state, who will hit as well. Knock on him is missing the final two games with concussions, so maybe too close to Conte. Henry will also be there, weak TE class. 10th pick might be high for Henry but the man is pretty much made for Cutler with his vacuum hands, another trade to move up to get back in the second to get Henry would be nice, but taking him straight up will probably make Jay happy. Plenty of 5 tech DE's here, but there will be more available later, TE probably not.

Maybe the most happy not drafted in the first round is Jack. Looks like the same stress fracture deal White went thru, but he will be a free agent in only 4 years now.

The only problem with that, is that everything I've read had the Giants taking him at 10. I don't mind the player, I just don't like trading a pick to move 2 spots, especially considering that this draft is LOADED with defensive talent. Could've thrown a dart at a big board and got a day-one, every down starter.

Not a situational guy at our deepest position. A guy that will not crack the starting lineup, but will get some snaps in rotation.

Picking in the Top 10, and having to trade a pick to get there.....I want an questioned, day-one starter.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If D. Henry is there at #10 in the second I would take him in a heartbeat!
Or one of the DT's 5 techs.

I've not heard a lot about the safety position in the this draft.... anyone know?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If D. Henry is there at #10 in the second I would take him in a heartbeat!
Or one of the DT's 5 techs.

I've not heard a lot about the safety position in the this draft.... anyone know?

Buncha good ones left.

Vonn Bell
Su'a Cravens
Darian Thompson

All pretty good players.

Anybody think they target Kyle's brother Kendall to play opposite him at the other CB spot?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big draft guru so I may be confused, but trading up two picks and giving up a draft pick to get a guy who was basically above average in college puzzle me a bit. You would think that even at 11 there were still plenty of quality options to pick from that could be more of a day 1 impact player. They must see something in his size and ability that they can coach up. Hope it pans out