• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've taken Hargreaves or Tunsil.

I don't care that someone tried to sabotage him minutes before the draft. If anything, I think that puts a huge chip on his shoulder, and will motivate him to prove everyone that passed on him, wrong.

Those are the "steals" of the first round IMO.

We could've had either.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big draft guru so I may be confused, but trading up two picks and giving up a draft pick to get a guy who was basically above average in college puzzle me a bit. You would think that even at 11 there were still plenty of quality options to pick from that could be more of a day 1 impact player. They must see something in his size and ability that they can coach up. Hope it pans out
Yea, you would think, like who? Tunsil comes to mind, but after that picture was leaked, I couldn't see the Bears grabbing him. Maimi after the whole Ricky Williams thing, maybe they can deal with that sort of issue? Certainly not Apple but Hargreaves? I didn't scout them, I couldn't tell you what sort of impact they might have. What hurt the Bears in my opinion was Tunsil and Jack falling out of the top 10. That slid everything else up. Lawson went #19, apparently no one thought much of him til the mid 1st. Bunch of DT's were around but a smaller 5tech wasn't the answer in a 3-4 like Rankins? Not sure who you think was a day 1 pick out of what was left.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big draft guru so I may be confused, but trading up two picks and giving up a draft pick to get a guy who was basically above average in college puzzle me a bit. You would think that even at 11 there were still plenty of quality options to pick from that could be more of a day 1 impact player. They must see something in his size and ability that they can coach up. Hope it pans out

All signs point towards Fangio thinking he's getting the next Aldon Smith.

Big shoes to fill. We'll see.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with that, is that everything I've read had the Giants taking him at 10. I don't mind the player, I just don't like trading a pick to move 2 spots, especially considering that this draft is LOADED with defensive talent. Could've thrown a dart at a big board and got a day-one, every down starter.

Not a situational guy at our deepest position. A guy that will not crack the starting lineup, but will get some snaps in rotation.

Picking in the Top 10, and having to trade a pick to get there.....I want an questioned, day-one starter.

Like I said, most mocks had the bears getting Floyd at 11. Everything I saw with new york was Miles Jack or Jake Conklin. They both blew up. The giants were dazed and confused. They should have traded down but instead they were in panic mode. I dont even think the Giants took the best CB in Hargreaves, they took Apple, probably because he is 6/1 over Hargreaves 5'10. I like it because Fangio sees a kid to develop into one of the best. He is a beast at 6'6 so adding 20 pounds is still gonna have him 4.6-4.8 range. His explosiveness is second to none.

No OLB or was going to be a starter on this team, I dont think an OT would have started either, but this kid can come in and look Von miller quick 2 seconds to the QB. I think it was the bears that were gonna be in a panic if they did not get Floyd so it is getting spun right.

connor cook is also an interesting QB pick that might not make it to the third, but a big hitter at safety would be really nice. How many years have we seen ball carriers get an extra few yards by reaching the ball out as they are hitting the ground. Only one way to stop that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, most mocks had the bears getting Floyd at 11. Everything I saw with new york was Miles Jack or Jake Conklin. They both blew up. The giants were dazed and confused. They should have traded down but instead they were in panic mode. I dont even think the Giants took the best CB in Hargreaves, they took Apple, probably because he is 6/1 over Hargreaves 5'10. I like it because Fangio sees a kid to develop into one of the best. He is a beast at 6'6 so adding 20 pounds is still gonna have him 4.6-4.8 range. His explosiveness is second to none.

No OLB or was going to be a starter on this team, I dont think an OT would have started either, but this kid can come in and look Von miller quick 2 seconds to the QB.

You better hope that's the case AI, otherwise this first round of the draft was a colossal fuck up.

I know we are building for the future, and long-term, but a No. 9 overall should be an every-down, day one starter IMO.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have thought Hargreaves was a bad choice if he was there at 11, but if tampa did not make the trade, he would have been picked there at 9.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've taken Hargreaves or Tunsil.

I don't care that someone tried to sabotage him minutes before the draft. If anything, I think that puts a huge chip on his shoulder, and will motivate him to prove everyone that passed on him, wrong.

Those are the "steals" of the first round IMO.

We could've had either.

Tunsil would have been hard for me to pass up. Kids have talked the talk and still fallen flat on their face in the past so who knows. Hargreaves had two awful last college games, now I know the rest of his tape looks good, but those last two games sure didn't, which is why I think Apple went above him. Plus I think Apple had more upside.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tunsil would have been hard for me to pass up. Kids have talked the talk and still fallen flat on their face in the past so who knows. Hargreaves had two awful last college games, now I know the rest of his tape looks good, but those last two games sure didn't, which is why I think Apple went above him. Plus I think Apple had more upside.

Apple has WAAAY too many PI's and makes Deion Sanders look like Steve Atwater when it comes to tackling.

I think the Giants are the only team that shit the bed harder than the Bears.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hargreaves and Tunsil at 11 and 13, respectively, equates to outright THEFT, IMHumbleO

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better hope that's the case AI, otherwise this first round of the draft was a colossal fuck up.

I know we are building for the future, and long-term, but a No. 9 overall should be an every-down, day one starter IMO.
Yes, but look at the pressure that is not around the kid now. Look at the first year starters that get replaced the following year too. There is no guarantee all the OLB make it to the season either with us watching IR being filled before game 1. There is also a pace that you want to carry thru a game as the tackles are tiring and we have a big enough rotation to keep that up all game. Now if they do what Georgia did and play him inside then all bets are off

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tunsil took money for his moms electric bill, took money for car payments, got Miss in hot water by admitting to it at his press conference and that bong hit on camera shows this guy is set up to fail. His step father is suing him, this kid has baggage and could be the next Stan Thomas too.

I just think it would have looked like a NY Giants panic if the bears took him, no matter how they spun it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but look at the pressure that is not around the kid now. Look at the first year starters that get replaced the following year too. There is no guarantee all the OLB make it to the season either with us watching IR being filled before game 1. There is also a pace that you want to carry thru a game as the tackles are tiring and we have a big enough rotation to keep that up all game. Now if they do what Georgia did and play him inside then all bets are off

Like I said, I like the player. Even the position doesn't bother me, cuz you can never have too many pass-rushers and depth and rotation is important. I just don't know if I like him enough to give up a 4th to move up 2 spots.

It's not often that we're in the top 10, 11.....I want a day-one stud, not a project.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tunsil took money for his moms electric bill, took money for car payments, got Miss in hot water by admitting to it at his press conference and that bong hit on camera shows this guy is set up to fail. His step father is suing him, this kid has baggage and could be the next Stan Thomas too.

I just think it would have looked like a NY Giants panic if the bears took him, no matter how they spun it.

Let me put it this way. If YOU were projected as the consensus top pick, outside the 2 QB's, and that shit hit the net, 13 minutes before YOU were about to cash in and YOU subsequently fell 10 spots, losing God onlky knows how much money along the way, what would that do to YOU?

I know I would be pissed and even MORE committed to being the best. I think it puts a huge chip on his shoulder and he works even harder to prove wrong, those that passed on him.

The only thing going against him, is the fact that he's going to Miami Beach. :L Not the best landing spot for questionable character concerns.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put it this way. If YOU were projected as the consensus top pick, outside the 2 QB's, and that shit hit the net, 13 minutes before YOU were about to cash in and YOU subsequently fell 10 spots, losing God onlky knows how much money along the way, what would that do to YOU?

I know I would be pissed and even MORE committed to being the best. I think it puts a huge chip on his shoulder and he works even harder to prove wrong, those that passed on him.

The only thing going against him, is the fact that he's going to Miami Beach. :L Not the best landing spot for questionable character concerns.

Let me put it this way, teams were already overlooking ALOT. Overlooking the allegations that Ole Miss fudged his academic records to get him enrolled and keep him playing. OT's are not just bodies, they need to study and know a playbook that is probably thicker than all the homework they ever did since high school. Overlooked the 7 game suspension he took for improper benefits. Overlooked the domestic violence case the claimed he beat his stepfather because he was threatening his mother. How big is his stepfather? anyone know? All this points to Character issues that the league is coming down hard on. This weed thing was just too much. Yes, a guy with exceptional character would want to prove everyone that passed on him wrong. GM's who passed were also concerned on their jobs. Miami has a new guy, who probably had to get ownership approval to pick him. We all know how that worked last year with McDonald, let alone having a first round pick that might be one of the targeted guys that end up suspended.

Apparently that video that was posted to his twitter was on the sale block for three weeks. Someone seriously wants this guy to fuck up and I cannot believe there is not a good reason for it. This all points to character.

The last year standards showed he lost 12-14 million dollars going 13th. Projected at 6th or 8th 6-8 million.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you don't get to be the No. 1 overall prospect, just by being a "body".

If he keeps his nose clean, he will be the undeniable steal of the draft.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hargreaves is theft at 11.

That they were able to land a 4th and still get him is obviously a win for them, but let's not get carried away. He went roughly where he was expected to go. He's not without questions.

Apple has WAAAY too many PI's and makes Deion Sanders look like Steve Atwater when it comes to tackling.

Apple is definitely handsy. He's a long, athletic guy that's getting better at "playing big" for a CB. He's still developing, whereas Hargreaves is a much more polished product. I'm not sure where your tackling comment is coming from though. His technique needs some work at times, but he doesn't shy away from contact. That's not really an option for an Ohio State CB. That criticism is probably more appropriate for Vonn Bell.

The Giants going CB at all was fairly surprising. Their board clearly got blown up, and they weren't able to make a move, so considering their CB situation, they went with length/athleticism over the more polished product.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you don't get to be the No. 1 overall prospect, just by being a "body".

If he keeps his nose clean, he will be the undeniable steal of the draft.

He wasn't everyone's #1 overall prospect. He wasn't even the consensus #1 OT. Last night wasn't an isolated incident.

If Jack and/or Smith get/stay healthy, they will be the steals of this draft.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't everyone's #1 overall prospect. He wasn't even the consensus #1 OT. Last night wasn't an isolated incident.

If Jack and/or Smith get/stay healthy, they will be the steals of this draft.

He was still atop many boards.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was still atop many boards.

I don't disagree. I still had him as the #1 OT, largely because his ceiling is so high, but I would not have taken him top 5 in this draft class even before the video was leaked. There's just too much talent without the nonsense. I'm also of the mindset that a "franchise LT" isn't really worth drafting that high anymore. You need a solid line across, not one or two studs.

I think Miami is a questionable landing spot for him, unlike Nkemdiche going to Arizona.