• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial '2015 Tennessee Volunteers' Football Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maggitt won't be perusing a 6th year of eligibility:

"The foundation is set... Tennessee football is back... Thank you so much for the memories the past 5 years Tennessee!" Maggitt wrote. "I will truly miss everything about being a UT football player! I will always be a VFL!"

Good luck to him :suds:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of the SEC from the 2015 bowl season
Biggest Statement Made: Tennessee -- Tennessee had a ton to prove after winning five straight against teams without winning records. The Volunteers steamrolled Northwestern's highly-rated defense for five rushing touchdowns in Tennessee's 45-6 win in the Outback Bowl. Tennessee held Northwestern to 261 yards and forced four turnovers, including 100-yard pick-six with eight seconds remaining. With this performance and the talent coming back, Tennessee will be the trendy favorite to win the SEC Eastern Division.

Best Play: Joshua Dobbs' TD run -- Somehow, Dobbs was able to not only secure a bobbled snap that he had to fully turn around to get but he outran everyone on Northwestern's defense to tip-toe along the sideline and dive for the pylon for a Tennessee touchdown. What an athlete.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Evan Hinson, the jumbo athlete from Deltona, Fla., Scott was his lead recruiter at Miami as well adn that's where he was committed as a TE for a while. He has since decommitted and has official visits set up for South Carolina on Jan. 15 and Southern Cal on Jan. 22.

He said his last weekend is open and if Tennessee and Scott were to be in touch he certainly would be interested. It sounds like something to monitor and to see if Tennessee gets in touch or not.
-Fortenberry

Evan Hinson - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee Announces Staff Change

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- University of Tennessee head football coach Butch Jones and defensive coordinator John Jancek have mutually agreed to part ways, Jones announced Wednesday.

"John and I had a long discussion this morning and we both came to the conclusion that it was best to part ways," Jones said. "I want to thank Coach Jancek for his contributions to the University of Tennessee football program the past three years. His hard work and dedication to this program played a major role in our back-to-back bowl wins. These decisions are never easy especially for someone I have worked with at three different schools. We feel strongly about the direction our program is headed and will work diligently to find the best person available to lead our defense."